Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 03-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

Default Trying to write short BDSM Story!

So, i'm trying to write mg first BDSM based short story

But..

I'm struggling to write, i know what I'm going to do it about and sences, I've got the characters sorted but Im very unexperienced

So..

Can anyone give me advice on how to write a good story? Techniques and such

Much appreciated!!

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

One very common mistake is to over edit before a draft is completed. It may sound silly, but to finish the project you have to train yourself to just keep going.

If you feel something is not quite right, leave a marker, make a separate note if you like so you don't forget, but keep writing. People can get so caught up in trying to make every sentence perfect that they end up getting nowhere and feeling frustrated. When you have your ideas out of your head and on paper, you can cut and rework as much as you want.

Also, having someone you can talk things over with really helps, as they may see, interpret or understand things differently than you intended.

Good luck with your story, I look forward to reading it.

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk