Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 09-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
Krakin
Account Banned

Default Chastity device

I recently purchased a nock off device but it is too small and unuseable.

I am looking for some advice on the next one.

Which one do you recommend for semi long-term use?
Where do you recommend to purchase one?

My Name Is Alexis
2-Week Trial Period with Grand.Master691

Loves: Feminization, Cumplay, Edging

limits|PM dare list|My items
Krakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
lotusdriver81
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Most people advise that metal devices are best for long term wear. I’m looking myself at the moment.

https://dirtycode.io/ATYJV
lotusdriver81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to lotusdriver81 for this post:
Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
cieirn
getDare Sweetheart

some of the open metal ones are easier to wash in the shower, but they do have more appropriate sizing requirements.

The CB6000 (or CB6000s if you know you are smaller like me) gives you a lot of options as far as ring size and distance between the cage and the ring to learn from.

The Holytrainer is far more comfortable and less noticeable.

I'd recommend a plastic one to learn what you can sleep with and how it fits you best. Also how secure does it need to be without you accidentally escaping from it....

Once you get some experience, you might move to a metal one that is more rigid...

likes: pics (no face), tasks w/pics, body writing, sph, humiliation, chastity, anal, underwear, ice
dislikes: spanking, light cbt, pee, begging
limits: face, blackmail, public, crossdressing, bladder control, social suicide, diapers, scat, findom

Do you have my pics? Send them to me with a degrading caption and share it
I consent to being baited
cieirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
Krakin
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieirn View Post
some of the open metal ones are easier to wash in the shower, but they do have more appropriate sizing requirements.

The CB6000 (or CB6000s if you know you are smaller like me) gives you a lot of options as far as ring size and distance between the cage and the ring to learn from.

The Holytrainer is far more comfortable and less noticeable.

I'd recommend a plastic one to learn what you can sleep with and how it fits you best. Also how secure does it need to be without you accidentally escaping from it....

Once you get some experience, you might move to a metal one that is more rigid...

I have recently tried a holytrainer type that was too small, I am decently sized downstairs. I need one that is a little bigger in size to be safe as a result. I know that I would like to get one with my next paycheck and ensure that I am comfortable with it.

Thank you for your advice, I will continue to look for a bigger holytrainer and get used to it. I will only use it for short-term purposes until I can afford a metal one from a reputable company.

-Alexis

My Name Is Alexis

Old 09-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
Scrap
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Scrap

I have used the CB-2000 and Holy Trainer in the past, and have a CB-6000 now.

1) Materials: Depending on how long you will be locked up, you will need to consider what the device is made of. Metal ones tend to be more durable, longer, but will set off metal detectors if you travel or have to go into "secured" buildings. Plastic/resin moulded devices are less likely to be a nuisance (depending on how they are secured), but require special care to keep from deteriorating and breaking. I have also seen "soft sided" devices made from some combination of rubber, vinyl, and polyurethane. Since part of the purpose of a chastity device is lack of sensation, I would steer clear of the soft devices.

2) Fit and form: Again, depending on the duration, you will want to pay attention to how well the device fits and how comfortable it is. Full belt models, as I understand, tend to be more comfortable overall compared to "cock locks", but require special fitting around the waist. Cock Locks (e.g. CB-X series devices, Holy Trainer, etc) are usually easily fit and are fairly effective, but take some trial and error to get "just right". Plus, they do not always prevent erection attempts while sleeping until the wearer acclimates, regardless of the advertising, so be ready for some rough sleep the first week or so. Whatever device you go with, try to get out of it when doing the first fitting. Best to find out the weaknesses early on so they can be addressed.

3) Duration: Take it slow, if you have the option. Start with wearing the device for a few hours at a time, then increase gradually- overnight, 24-48 hrs, a week, etc. Give yourself time between sessions to recover from any chafing that may occur, and be honest about the comfort level.

4) Cleaning: Pay attention to the cleaning and care instructions for the device. Is it dishwasher safe? What types of soap or cleanser is recommended? What type of lubrication is recommended, and why? Also consider what you will need to keep YOURSELF clean and cared for while locked up.

5) Cost: This one is two fold. First, understand that quality costs. You can find knock-offs of the more popular devices all over the internet. It is very much a "buyer beware" situation. Quality of manufacturing, materials, and warranty differences need to be a concern. Also, don't expect to love your first device right out of the gate. It took me three or four tries to find the one that was right for me, and the devices are non-refundable in most cases. (Seriously, would you want to wear a second-hand cock sleeve?)

6) Security vs Necessity: Plan for the worst, hope for the best. There are going to be times that you will need to be released for some reason, so plan for it up front. The CB-X series comes with numbered plastic "locks" in addition to the included padlock. The Holy Trainer "magic lock" has a standardized key. Work with your Keyholder to plan for emergency release scenarios.

Enjoy and good luck.

Likes: nudity, public, watersports, humiliation, cross dressing, bondage
Limits: illegal, social suicide, scat, blood, young

AMA: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=293024
kik: scrapdflasher
snapchat: scrapdflasher
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Scrap for this post:
Old 09-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
Krakin
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
I have used the CB-2000 and Holy Trainer in the past, and have a CB-6000 now.

1) Materials: Depending on how long you will be locked up, you will need to consider what the device is made of. Metal ones tend to be more durable, longer, but will set off metal detectors if you travel or have to go into "secured" buildings. Plastic/resin moulded devices are less likely to be a nuisance (depending on how they are secured), but require special care to keep from deteriorating and breaking. I have also seen "soft sided" devices made from some combination of rubber, vinyl, and polyurethane. Since part of the purpose of a chastity device is lack of sensation, I would steer clear of the soft devices.

2) Fit and form: Again, depending on the duration, you will want to pay attention to how well the device fits and how comfortable it is. Full belt models, as I understand, tend to be more comfortable overall compared to "cock locks", but require special fitting around the waist. Cock Locks (e.g. CB-X series devices, Holy Trainer, etc) are usually easily fit and are fairly effective, but take some trial and error to get "just right". Plus, they do not always prevent erection attempts while sleeping until the wearer acclimates, regardless of the advertising, so be ready for some rough sleep the first week or so. Whatever device you go with, try to get out of it when doing the first fitting. Best to find out the weaknesses early on so they can be addressed.

3) Duration: Take it slow, if you have the option. Start with wearing the device for a few hours at a time, then increase gradually- overnight, 24-48 hrs, a week, etc. Give yourself time between sessions to recover from any chafing that may occur, and be honest about the comfort level.

4) Cleaning: Pay attention to the cleaning and care instructions for the device. Is it dishwasher safe? What types of soap or cleanser is recommended? What type of lubrication is recommended, and why? Also consider what you will need to keep YOURSELF clean and cared for while locked up.

5) Cost: This one is two fold. First, understand that quality costs. You can find knock-offs of the more popular devices all over the internet. It is very much a "buyer beware" situation. Quality of manufacturing, materials, and warranty differences need to be a concern. Also, don't expect to love your first device right out of the gate. It took me three or four tries to find the one that was right for me, and the devices are non-refundable in most cases. (Seriously, would you want to wear a second-hand cock sleeve?)

6) Security vs Necessity: Plan for the worst, hope for the best. There are going to be times that you will need to be released for some reason, so plan for it up front. The CB-X series comes with numbered plastic "locks" in addition to the included padlock. The Holy Trainer "magic lock" has a standardized key. Work with your Keyholder to plan for emergency release scenarios.

Enjoy and good luck.
Thank you so much for the very detailed response. I will be looking into the CB series for my next purchase. I know that I need one that is bigger then what I currently have. Will be a little while before Purchase one as it is a pretty big expense and need to find one that has the appropriate measurements.

Do you all have a preferred place to purchase one from?

Thanks to all by the way, I appreciate to responses.

My Name Is Alexis

Advertisements
Kink Talk