Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Facebook has video chat now and in the coding for it it has references to something called Vibes and Peep. they think it's a way to buy music through facebook. i read the story on guardian or telegraph

[IMG=http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/zekrom.jpg]
cbtslave4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #17
DreamTreader
Account Banned

post a link of it? i got no clue what your referring to.
DreamTreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #18
bodacious
Distinguished Member

I keep hearing about this facebook video chat, but I haven't seen it. Is it a scam like the dislike button? Regardless of how many articles pop up on the internet, until I see it I can't believe it.

Lol. But all you have to do is search Facebook Video Calling and multiple things about Vibes and Peep come up.
Hard dicks make me horny
Spoiler:
Fuck you and your feelings. :)
bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #19
csgs

Send a message via Yahoo to csgs

Facebook FOREVER!!!
csgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
LazyFox

I'm all for ditching facebook, and soon everyone will be when they've screwed each and every member they have.
A) you don't own your content on facebook
B) They have no respect for your privacy. Case in point readily allowing Gov' to search data on your profile that you don't even have access to without informing you.
C) Your facebook profile is now a determining factor for Employment. Hiring and firing
D) Facebook has started "liking" things for its members, based on interests and websites you visit, That are nothing more than ad's. (I'm apparently a fan of NY boarding Schools and some institute in quebec)
E) You can legally be served Via Facebook
F) Facebook makes stalking far too easy
G) Burglars are using status updates to determine when to rob you
H) Facebook viruses
I) People hacking profiles and sending "need help, send money" messages scamming your family and friends
J) Makes Identity theft easy

Few of the reasons i'm jumping ship away from Facebook as soon as I can.

21/m Dom looking for a sub. P.M if interested, or click here to view my ad.
LazyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #21
sarahamber

I'm getting an account soon! me an all my friends are! why not?! i'm completely over facebook! soo much spaming, so much junk mail.

what i like about the new google+? is that you can set people into circles....so it's essentially like haveing 5 facebook accounts all in one, with each circle only getting to see a different part of you....ie, eliminate people making fake names because they're affraid there boss will see them!
sarahamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #22
sarahamber

in response to google+'s video chat, facebook last week anounced they are teaming up with skype to intertwine some sort of chat operation into facebook.

google chat you will be able to talk with multiple people at once with the person talking coming to the foreground....lol apparantly it's really cool. have only seen videos tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodacious View Post
I keep hearing about this facebook video chat, but I haven't seen it. Is it a scam like the dislike button? Regardless of how many articles pop up on the internet, until I see it I can't believe it.

Lol. But all you have to do is search Facebook Video Calling and multiple things about Vibes and Peep come up.
sarahamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
nathanw

I already have an account, and a ton of people I know are getting them. I was looking for an excuse to quit Facebook; looks like I found one! Two reasons that I think google+ is better than Facebook: circles and privacy. Circles allow you to send posts to specific groups of people, so your mom won't see what you share with your friends, and vice versa. Facebook has NO respect whatsoever for your privacy, and so far it seems like google is handling this issue a lot better than facebook. I encourage you to join. Right now it's invite-only( if you need an invite just PM me with your email and I'll send one to you!

PM me! I'm a new member looking for friends on GetDare

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nathanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 AM   #24
whateveryouwant

The bottom line is Google is a better company than Facebook. Facebook was revolutionary when it first came out, but now that the social networking field has evened out, they don't have an edge anymore. All they really had going for them was that they were different, now they're the norm. Google is worth over $100 billion dollars more than facebook as a corporation, and has been and will be able to develop better technology with better programmers. I just got my account and it is amazing. Can't wait for everybody to come over from facebook.

If you think facebook is going to last forever, you don't understand the internet! Nothing does!

Okay: Anal play, cbt

Dislikes: Pee

Limits: Excessively messy, public, blood, excrement, family/friends, face in pics

PM me! I'm an open person!
whateveryouwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
Blackjack

I have an account, it's awesome.

I had a facebook account but got rid of it a while back just because it annoyed me. Google+ seems nice and fresh compared to facebook. Circles are awesome, android app for it is awesome, video chat while watching youtube videos together is awesome, it's awesome .

I can invite anyone who wants an account.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
footballdare
getDare Sweetheart

When I search google everything has a little +1 button next to it, and if you click it it tries to get you to sign up. I haven't bothered in all honesty, I'm happy enough with facebook, and can't see this brings anything new.

M/Northern Ireland
Limits: Public, Poo
Is fear ciúin mé
Éirinn go Brách

Tumblr: http://footballdare.tumblr.com/
footballdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #27
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I joined just because I had an invite but it's a bit dull, especially seeing as most of the people I know don't have it.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #28
DMoe
Distinguished Member

Can someone send me an invite for Google +, I'd like to check it out. See my signature for email address.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
bodacious
Distinguished Member

Maybe it's the whole college "trying to keep up with trends" phase my contacts have, but all of my school friends are slowly getting Google+ so I feel like I may actually use it. As for the circles, I don't know how they work exactly, but once I figure it out, I will not feel bad about adding my "kinky" friends.
Hard dicks make me horny
Spoiler:
Fuck you and your feelings. :)
bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #30
deschut
Distinguished Member

Pfff I'm not even allowed in! :P It's a trial, you need an invite or something, blah :P

Likes: fun, semi-public, TorD, naked, embarassment, risk, cold
Dislikes: anal, pain, fully-public, messy, family, scat

PM me for my KIK :-)
deschut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk