Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Thoughtwrangler
Account Banned

Default Peoples actions reflect upon themselves

Hello all,

This is somewhere between a rant and an observation but hopefully some of you find it interesting or thought provoking.

I spend a lot of time thinking about who I am and if I'm happy with that. Generally speaking I am, though I'm the first to admit I'm not perfect and constantly looking for ways to improve on the person I am.

Because of this sense of pride in myself and my character I try and present myself in that light in all walks of life. An example of this would be this very post. My slave has been asking if I've made this post since I asked her to remind me to do it a couple of weeks ago (she likes reading my thoughts on various subjects.) but I've been holding off until I felt ready to sit down and give it due time and care in writing. Because I don't want to put something out onto this site that speaks poorly of me, even in the relative anonymity of the internet.

I look at a lot of posts on here with poor spelling and grammar or even deliberately misspelled words (such as "you" being substituted with "u"). Now my spelling and grammar is far from perfect but I would never take those sort of shortcuts. I don't know whether it's laziness or an attempt to seem cool but I wouldn't let the standard of my communication drop for either reason. When I made this observation it reminded me of another observation I now make on a regular basis in everyday life.

I was sitting on a train awhile back and there was a young guy, maybe a couple of years younger than me (that would make him roughly 18) sitting a couple of seats up the train. He'd brought a bottle of Coke on the train with him and when he finished it he put it on the ground and let it roll down the train towards me. I nudged it back towards him with my foot to see what he'd do. Every time he just sent it back towards me. After that I put my foot on the bottle and put it in the rubbish as I was getting off the train because I have more self respect than that. I wasn't going to lower my standards that I set for myself. It was at that point I came to this realisation, which is the point of this long winded post. If the reason I do these things is because of self esteem, then the reason other people neglect these areas might be a lack of self esteem. Perhaps they may justify it to themselves in other ways but is that the core reason in most cases.

I'm not saying it's always the case but as a general statement does anyone agree that people taking a lazy or uncaring approach to life may indicate a lack of self respect? I think about this a lot when I hear about how gen Y is so lazy and have it so easy. I know a lot of gen Y's that are hard working just like I know a lot of other people who aren't gen Y who show the lazy uncaring attitude I've already discussed. I think the moral values that you have say more about the person you are than your age.

Would love to hear other peoples thoughts but as I said at the beginning this was a rant as much as anything.

Thanks for reading.

A bit about me.
A bit more about me

Discord: thoughtwrangler

Proud to own this cunt
Thoughtwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Thoughtwrangler for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk