Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 10-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #16
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

minor is -18 right

then you can close the boards, there are many, many -18 here!!!
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #17
bryn

im surprised at how attitude has changed i mean like a while ago people admitted they were underage and then nothing happened but now people are getting ticked off by it so err i gess underage people will just have to leave

Whos impressed how long I've been here and not posted

Last edited by bryn; 10-26-2006 at 07:51 AM.
bryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:23 PM   #18
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Yea there are, like even you depp I think are a minor..or you'r 18, but I'm to lazy too look.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:44 AM   #19
Rob

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob

Look, if you are mature enough, you should be able to use the site. You just need to come in knowing that reader discretion is advised. Age should have little to do with it. If you know what sex is, and what masturbation is, you should be able to join this site. If you have no clue what one of those is, you shouldn't be here. The getdare.com random truth or dare thing will give you many appropriate dares and truths depending on your age.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #20
xdressslave

Send a message via MSN to xdressslave Send a message via Yahoo to xdressslave

I just noticed the new rules which came into effect recently on the slave and master section of the website.

Now, members must be 18 or older to make a master or slave request.

I can totally understand from both sides of the coin why Depp has decided to do this. Being a webmaster for a long time, I understand the legal and practical sides to this. However by limiting the site to over 18's, getdare will basically become less active in the slave and master section, which is probably the most active section of these forums.

I don't beleive a person 18 years (or older) would come here when they are looking for a slave or master. Their are many other speciality (and more active) websites/communities (which I will not name here) that are specifically designed to cater for this audience, and have more older people on them.

Wheras the slave/master section of getdare is catered for teens, and teens only. Rarely will you find a person older than 18 asking for to be a slave or master. Why? Because they'll have better luck on the adult websites.

Perhaps Depp, you could compromise. You need to cover your ass from legal ramifications, which I totally understand. Maybe reduce the age limit to 16? In many countries you can have sex with whoever you want at 16, just not a teacher. You could also put up a disclaimer in a seperate topic saying something to the effect of

Quote:
By disclosing and/or using an e-mail address or Instant messaging handle to allow others to contact you/contact someone else, you understand that you are doing so at your own risk. Under no circumstances are you required or obliged to communicate with anyone on this site, and you should exercise extreme caution when talking with other people on the internet you have not met in person before. getDare will not be responsible for any actions you carry out.
That's something rough. I usually can write something that sounds a bit more legal/professional, but I'm a bit tired atm, and just had a jim beam
xdressslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #21
userben
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to userben

lol thats funny im 17 and im a moderater and i found the site when i was 16 how the times change
Old 10-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #22
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Well about the master slave stuff I really don't car about it I don't even go there its really picking up too much for my liking I like good old fashion dares.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Old 11-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #23
dared to perfection
getDare Devil

haha but you've gotta admit it is pretty daring just to get involved in a site like this one .. those guest just whimp out !!
dared to perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #24
Glutgod
getDare Devil

True or they just wanna read the dares we post and not have to post any themselves I say you should limit most of the sight to guest! Then we could become more active and it would be better.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:19 PM   #25
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

you have a point but than can drive people off who arent members and they will find some other websites. sometimes, such as myself, i visited the website here and there, and finally felt like joining. sometimes people just got visit it a few times before they join

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #26
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Well it would get people wanting to see the sight more so I say it would probly get more epoeple to join cause right noew its 1 me and 19 guest right there may be 19 more people joining the sight if they just wanna read our post and not help the sight I say screw them they might as well just leave.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #27
nina

About the number of guests, sometimes members don't sign in. If I'm just taking a quick look for anything new I won't always sign in.
nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #28
Glutgod
getDare Devil

well when you don't sing in it dosenn't show new post but I never really thought of that but its not like theres like 12 or so membbers too lazy to sign in.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #29
Musty 21
getDare Devil

Send a message via ICQ to Musty 21 Send a message via AIM to Musty 21 Send a message via MSN to Musty 21 Send a message via Yahoo to Musty 21
Talking

if you ask me, the only reason why you should get an account is if your going to use it. Look at me, look at the join date and at the# of posts i have lol
Sunday, Septermber 07, 2008 at 7:55p.m. Musty21 achieved 1,000 posts.

Click here to see it!
Musty 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #30
Smile Guy
getDare Sweetheart

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people here are in there teens and under the age of 18.

It's a tricky balance, I'll grant you that. While we want to make this site a safe place with no potential for legalities, we don't want to chase away people merely because of their age. Sure enough, we don't want hordes of 11 year olds flooding the site but what we do want is a nice balance of ages and a nice number of people.

I think, overall, we need to encourage people to join this site, thus making it more legit and less... well... worrying. As long as we have a team of excellent moderators and therefore trustworthy people, I don't see a problem.
Smile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote