Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
DragonofDares

Default Continuing stories

I would really ike it if some of you authers did not post just on chapter than stop. Because i have been reading a few stories, and could not wait to get to the next chapter..There was none. Atlest say its discontinued if your gonna stop it.
DragonofDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Marc
Warning: Contains Nuts

I agree - the whole story please!

Warning: May contain nuts.

Likes: CFNM, WaM, Zentai, nudity, Cuffed, life model, body painting model, live TorD, being a naked chauffeur, to be continued....
Limits: No family, no work, no illegal, nothing beyond end of session, social suicide, swapping likes for dislikes, account control, to be continued...
Dislikes: Anal, blood, scat, to be continued...
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=150827
KIK: CFNM_Woody (mention getDare)

Vote on my current poll, please
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
Seedsy

yeah i agree even though i attempted to write a story and it went in completely the wrong direction so i just stopped and said discontinued... Writing a story is harder then it looks(well a good quality one anyway).. Kudo's to those who have completed their story...
Seedsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
Marc

Kudos? Nah, reputation points will be more appreciated by authors, thank you!

Likes: CFNM, WaM, Zentai, nudity, Cuffed, life model, body painting model, live TorD, being a naked chauffeur, to be continued....
Limits: No family, no work, no illegal, nothing beyond end of session, social suicide, swapping likes for dislikes, account control, to be continued...

Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
anonimousbob
Distinguished Member

I do agree, although I have stopped a story part way through. I do so because of time issues with writing, if I had the time I would like to sit down and do some work, but with very little time, I don;t like to start a small bit, lose my train of thought when I leave and try to start from the same place

Ask me anything
http://anonimousbob.tumblr.com/ask

yes: secluded public, crossdressing,, chastity sexual, anal (including enemas if you want), slight pain, anything else not on the above list I can't think of right now

no: openly public/involving others, bodily waste, extreme pain

Add me at [email protected]
Check out my profile and album on Kinktalk
I am looking for a mistress to serve right now
anonimousbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:56 AM   #6
21master21

I have just posted spin the fetish and the only reason I stopped is because I was starting to write scrappy and I want it to be good. Plus a few ideas off people will be good.
21master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 AM   #7
RocksOff

Well, writing stories, you can get writers block and it can be a hassle. That why people take breaks alot of the time plus they lose intrest etc. Guess it's something you'll have to put up with.
RocksOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Marc

Oh I agree - but writers block is something that you should suffer in private! I regard any posts on Getdare of any of my stories as being a publication ... and you wouldn't expect to buy a Stephen King (et al) novel only to find it was blank after the first 50 pages, would you?!

Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Anymore I don't even really bother looking at the stories here simply because most never have an ending. I don't see any point in getting started when more often than not they just stop in the middle. Plus there are plenty of other websites on the internet that have complete stories.

I suggest the aspiring writers here start with a complete outline of their story. Then each section of the outline can be written as a separate chapter or post. But the point is to write the entire story before starting to post it. You could copy and paste from a Word document into here. Then the chapters could be posted one per day or something like that.
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:36 AM   #10
MasterO
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to MasterO

What irks me most is when an author of a story does not complete it and then starts another. If you are losing interest or lacking ideas for your story and have a whole different story idea then make some sort of ending to the first story. Like a TV series when the actor will not renew the contract they just kill them off.

Always looking for female dare slaves that are willing to do my dares and reply.
MasterO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
Swooper

Waits for a lot of characters to be killed off in the story writing department :P

Swooper
Swooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #12
Marc

Hmm, there's an idea... (storing for later use!)

Advertisements
Kink Talk