Marc - withdrawn nomination 0 0%
Coyote 14 100.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Coyote
getDare Addict

Default Award Voting Booth

As you know i have been permitted to create a thread to choose a winner for the Best Author Award woooh yaaahhh.

i made a post half an hour ago saying that registrations will be closed 30 minutes later. if you are unhappy with them closing so soon well you should just suck it up because if you really deserved the award you would have submited your registration already.

The rules are The Winner Must beat the other runner by an certain number wich i will not tell.(will be chosen by depp)
You may vote for yourself
then the winner wins the award Viola

Last edited by Coyote; 11-28-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: my bad
Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
Marc
Warning: Contains Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
then the winner wins the award Viola
I'm really looking forward to the presentation of the 'award Viola'! May the best author win ....

Is there a deadline for voting?

Warning: May contain nuts.

Likes: CFNM, WaM, Zentai, nudity, Cuffed, life model, body painting model, live TorD, being a naked chauffeur, to be continued....
Limits: No family, no work, no illegal, nothing beyond end of session, social suicide, swapping likes for dislikes, account control, to be continued...
Dislikes: Anal, blood, scat, to be continued...
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=150827
KIK: CFNM_Woody (mention getDare)

Vote on my current poll, please
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
Coyote
getDare Addict

Ya Marc may the best Author Win

and the deadline will occurafter 3 days but before 7 days one day inbetween then depp will randomly close the thread and announce the winner. it wouldn't be fair if i chose the deadline because as you know i am running myself
Old 11-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
userben
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to userben

cheat it was 6 to 7 now it is even
Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #5
Marc

oh and for those that didn't see my nomination post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
ok.

I would like to be consider as a nominee for Best Author because I have contributed a few stories to GetDare, starting with taking over from Shaun on the Interactive Truth or Dare Night story before posting a couple of my own stories.

My stories, whether part-truth or totally fictional, are hopefully enjoyable and easy to read, maintain continuity within themselves, and are formatted and (generally) of good spelling and grammar.

My most recent: Truth or Dare Party [Fiction]

Previous stories:
Mistaken Identity [Fiction]

Camp Court [Non-fiction into Fiction]

And the original Interactive Truth or Dare Night [Fiction]

Likes: CFNM, WaM, Zentai, nudity, Cuffed, life model, body painting model, live TorD, being a naked chauffeur, to be continued....
Limits: No family, no work, no illegal, nothing beyond end of session, social suicide, swapping likes for dislikes, account control, to be continued...

Old 11-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #6
Coyote
getDare Addict

and here s my registration

I think that i should win this award because i have contributed i think 4 stories
My first was Total Humiliation
My Second wasThis Sucks (i am still working on)
My Third isTwoof or Dare... Idiot Style
My Fourth isThird time's the charmwich is a big hit (in collaboration with sum1(2)

Also i have had many good reviews about my stories. Also i have given ideas to some writers who have writen hits(you know who you are)

I also enjoy writing stories and i love to create suspense in my stories(thAT IS WHY I HAVE LONG PERIODS OF TIME BETWEEN POSTS)

That pretty much sums it up
__________________________________________________ _______________
-Coyote

-PS If i the "citizens" of getdare have anything they would like me to work on in my stories please to tell me but in Pms I do not want this thread filed up with that
__________________________________________________ _______________-Coyote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
Sluttyslave
Account Banned

i hope you win coyote

no offense to you Marc
Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #8
Coyote
getDare Addict

thanks for your support
Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #9
Coyote
getDare Addict

Talking

i doubt that people would think this but i just wanted to say that Marc is not getting special attention because he is a mod and i am not getting special attention just because this was my idea.

so Vote for who you really think should win the award!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
Coyote
getDare Addict

wow it is a close race

who will win
Old 11-29-2007, 09:17 PM   #11
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Wow, Marcs in the lead 12 to 10! I'm rooting for Marc! But good-luck to you both of course.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Old 12-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #12
Shawn

I voted for Marc, as I loved his continuation of the interactive story.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #13
Looking4somename
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via ICQ to Looking4somename Send a message via AIM to Looking4somename Send a message via MSN to Looking4somename Send a message via Yahoo to Looking4somename

THIS IS UNPROFESSIONAL, RIDICULOUS AND UTTERLY IDIOTIC.

Who are you to decide that an award is to be given to the best author (all nice and well) but not give anyone the chance to actually register himself?

Opening registration for 30 minutes is not professional and not acceptable. Registration for such things should be open for ATLEAST a week, preferably 2 weeks or even a month.
Candidates should have time to submit themselves and explain why they think they should win this award (write a short passage that will be published with the voting thread).
People should know the possibily exsits and all the authors who wrote atleast a somewhat decent stories should be notified through PM that they can join the competion in the off chance they didn't know (given that there is atleast a week to join the competion.)

Another point is that a participant cannot create the competion and manage it. I strongly believe you just want to get a stupid award (no offense to anyone holding an award) and this is where it all comes from.

I hope depp is not going to award either of you two "participants" (Marc, even though you did nothing wrong, you didn't ask for this to stop, that's just as bad) an award for such a nonesense. If you truly want a decent professional competion, choose someone responsible eangh to manage it, and follow some proper procedures.

I have not voted and I am not planning to vote. I hope this thread will be closed and a new one will be created by a responsible user that will get premission from one of the admins and will manage this correctly.

I know some will disagree with my way of making this statement (has happened before), so I would like you to re-read the original message again, espaicly this line, and I am sure you'll understand where I'm coming from:

Quote:
if you are unhappy with them closing so soon well you should just suck it up
(Have reported my own post, and I hope it will be taken seriously. I am surprised no one has done anything so far.)

"You know, these clothes do not fancy you at all. It should be a dress or nothing... I happen to have no dress in my cabin." (Captain Jack Sparrow)

...Some of the want to get used by you
Old 12-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
Marc

and I will respond to simply advise that....

There was a thread for individuals to nominate themselves - which I did in good faith.

This was open for a period of time before it was closed and this thread, to allow voting, was created.

The period of time was longer than 30 minutes - however I agree this thread is misleading from the opening - indeed I seem to recall nominations were open for at least a weekend and possibly even up to a week.

Having nominated myself at the relevant time, without abusing my powers (editing the voting), I am unable to withdraw my nomination.

I have a single account on GetDare and have voted for myself, I will admit and as allowed, once.

You may wish to refer to this thread:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6144

And as a final comment, for all I know, Depp may have asked him to, or agreed that he could, run this vote.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #15
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4somename View Post
THIS IS UNPROFESSIONAL, RIDICULOUS AND UTTERLY IDIOTIC.

Who are you to decide that an award is to be given to the best author (all nice and well) but not give anyone the chance to actually register himself?

Opening registration for 30 minutes is not professional and not acceptable. Registration for such things should be open for ATLEAST a week, preferably 2 weeks or even a month.
Candidates should have time to submit themselves and explain why they think they should win this award (write a short passage that will be published with the voting thread).
People should know the possibily exsits and all the authors who wrote atleast a somewhat decent stories should be notified through PM that they can join the competion in the off chance they didn't know (given that there is atleast a week to join the competion.)

Another point is that a participant cannot create the competion and manage it. I strongly believe you just want to get a stupid award (no offense to anyone holding an award) and this is where it all comes from.

I hope depp is not going to award either of you two "participants" (Marc, even though you did nothing wrong, you didn't ask for this to stop, that's just as bad) an award for such a nonesense. If you truly want a decent professional competion, choose someone responsible eangh to manage it, and follow some proper procedures.

I have not voted and I am not planning to vote. I hope this thread will be closed and a new one will be created by a responsible user that will get premission from one of the admins and will manage this correctly.

I know some will disagree with my way of making this statement (has happened before), so I would like you to re-read the original message again, espaicly this line, and I am sure you'll understand where I'm coming from:

(Have reported my own post, and I hope it will be taken seriously. I am surprised no one has done anything so far.)

I really do agree here. For the most part.
Two participants just isn't enough. And 30 really IS too soon to close it. Or even one day. I say a week should be minimum, where people can apply for nomination, or others can nominate the people.
30 minutes, where only a REALLY small part of GD has a chance to participate. *shakes head*
This seems like like trying to find an easy way to give yourself an award.
On the other hand. This might just have been poorly planned. But I will let Depp handle this. If he wants to give an award based on this thread let him. personally I think that Marc really DOES deserve an award. If not for best writer, then being a contributive and nice member on this forum overall.

EDIT: Marc... THe thread was open for 2 days... :-/

Im doing dares again If you wanna send one, you can PM me, but I'll probably hang around the dare threads as well.

Limits: I wont ingest anything nasty, Nothing messy that will ruin my furniture or belongings, nothing public, nothing illegal.

most humiliating dare:
I was dared not to remove my panties at all for a few days. Not even for bathroom duties, and to cut a little hole for 'nr 2' as I couldnt remove them . It was strange.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk