Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 08-27-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
pluky
getDare Devil

Pencil Quick advice for wannabe Doms from a complete newbie Sub

Look I know I'm in no place to talk, I've been here for a week

But hear me out, I'm just trying to help you here...

If you're trying to be a Dom, especially for the male ones looking for a female Sub (because they seem to be a bit more rare on the forum from what I understood, and harder to find), you should try to work a bit on the way you come across... at the very least make a grammar / spelling check before you post your search thread.

Typos happen to everyone, so not talking about that, but it's really not a good look on a Dom imho not being able to write a sentence without making 10 grammar and spelling mistakes. It doesn't inspire respect or trust. People who do put a bit of effort into that immediately have extra points for anyone reading them.

So I'm just pointing this out in case it has never crossed the mind of some of you, that it might matter a little bit for some people. Especially anyone looking for someone with a bit of patience and intelligence, because they are going to put themselves between your hands.

And this is not to be mean or judgmental, I get it we all have different lives and paths and origins, I am just saying that this is worth paying a bit of attention to if you want to increase your chances, again just my opinion.
pluky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:46 PM   #2
Indianslave

This is absolutely correct. It's an immediate turn off for me if the dom can't write properly.
Indianslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:08 AM   #3
shadew21

That is very true. Just having a good grammar and not speaking in text talk for the majority of your message helps out a lot when finding a submissive. However, one problem I have had recently when finding subs is you write a great long response with proper punctuation and grammar. You even double check your response before you send it. Then you do send it and you wait for a response. Now I understand if the reply is not what your looking for you don't respond, but when someone responds and says, " I love that response. We do have a lot in common and I think we can try it out". Then they never respond back and even ghost you after you put that effort in. That's where even a good response goes to deaf ears. However, I think the biggest thing for even cases like that is just patience.

My Chess Dare:http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=139681

Chess username: shadowstrike13

Likes: bondage. control, insertion, anal. spanking, hypnosis, hidden public, pet play. baby play, and more...

Limits: family, friends, full public, permanent, illegal, animals
shadew21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk