Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
nalk

Default DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! - Or how to lose the Getdare board cempletely.

I dont know where to put this as I have only been here a short time, but I guess this place is as good as any.

The Getdare board is in danger of vanishing due to some irresponsible users.

A couple of years ago I was a member of another forum. That forum is long gone now. Let me tell you what happened.

This is a story from the Windows XP To give you a timeframe to put this in.

That forum got hacked by an outsider. The outsider put a piece of software in place in someones inbox.

That software made it so that whenever a user on the board sent a PM, that PM was sent to ALL of the members of the forum.

When someone answered that PM the answer got sent to ALL members of the forum too.

The guys who owned the forum got a massive bill due to the skyrocketed bandwith use due to this software, which bankrupted the forum.

NOW, here we have a nice little friendly board, named Getdare. Users can dare each other and it is all friendly, nice and sexy - for some.

Some uninformed nitwits are passing Teamviewer usernames and passwords directly on the boards.

What this means is that if I was that aforementioned hacker, I would now have access directly to this board through those accounts and I would not even have to hack it to destroy it. I would not even have to register as a member here, because ANY GUEST can see those usernames and passwords.

The user Vir1985 today apparently lost access to his computer completely because the log on password to that computer was changed, and Vir apparently did not have the brains to turn the machine off immediately. To simply pull the plug from the wall would have stopped it.

To sum it up: We are one malicious person away from losing the entire forum/blog etc. due to this irresponsible behaviour.

And not only the boards can be lost through this action.

You, the member who shared your computers can lose your usernames, passwords and credit card information when you let strangers have access to your computers.

And If I were an owner of this forum and lost it due to your stupidity I`d haul your asses in court and see if I could get the rest of your belongings to help cover the damage you did to this forum.

I for one just posted what I think is a killer dare in a 3-way challenge and I would like to see the result of that (I cant wait untill they have to "convince the authors" to let them use their stories.)

So stop sharing usernames and passwords and mods - It is now in your hands.

Last edited by nalk; 05-05-2014 at 09:23 AM.
nalk is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to nalk for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
danger, join.me, teamviewer