Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 01-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
DanHenceworth
getDare Devil

Smile The Survival Guide (designed for newbies, junior member and members)

Disclaimer:
This thread i s just a little something i've written to help out all new members of GetDare, now i am not staff what i'm writing isn't the law or anything, it is simply something for you to read and take in so you don't annoy other members of the community.

Tip Number One:
Be realistic
by this i mean don't make up rubbish like you see on the getdare homepage, this is an example of what i mean:
"my bare ass is on fire. I had 10 boys and 10 girls spank me 100 times each. All together I was spanked 2000 times"
come on folks who are trying to impress! If you're going to write a report make sure it is either what happened or what could have happened in the real world if you actually did the dare.

Tip Number Two:
read the rules of a thread before posting in it!
This is something that annoys the majority of people in the community, to give an example, lets say someone posted in the "loser has too..." thread saying they are in for the dare with the person above them(the one who wrote the dare) (only 2 people per dare) don't then come along and post half an hour later that you will "be in for this dare as well" seriously read the rules of the thread!

with that example you do get a bit of lee way if it is clear that two people have posted at exactly the same time.

Tip Number Three:
Don't waste people time
by this i mean don't agree to go in for a dare hoping that you get the outcome you want, then if you don't get that outcome ignore the other person in the dare, it is just harsh on the other person in that dare.

example:
you wanted to lose a dare but you won it and now must give loser 10 rules to abide for a week.
Don't then go and ignore the loser, it just annoys everyone, makes people not want to go into dares with you and also wastes not only their time, but it wastes YOUR time as well.

Tip number Four:
read people likes and limits

don't go writing a dare to someone telling them to go out into town fully xdressed when they clearly have Public written down as a limit in there signature! They're not going to break a limit just because you have ignored it.

that is an example that can be applied to all limits.

Last but not least

Tip Number Five:

Don't make the mistake i did!!!
as a junior Member/Member and even Senior Member i think that i annoyed a lot of people by spamming the request TorD section with threads begging for dares, trust me i know from experience, people will eventually get fed up with you and just ignore completely everything write no matter where you have posted. only post a new thread asking for dares if you feel you have a really good reason to be posting it.

In recap:

Tip 1: don't make up obvious rubbish to try to impress people, it doesn't work

Tip 2: Read the rules of threads before you post in them, it annoys everyone when you don't

Tip 3: Don't be a time waster! you'll get a reputation for it

Tip 4: Read peoples signatures before giving them dares, likes and limits are there to give you an idea of what they will and won't do

Tip 5: Don't spam the request TorD section, it just makes people ignore

I have wrote this to try and help the rookies out, i am able to post something like this because i was in that position when i started and i know nobody's perfect, we have all made these sort of mistakes before and will all will probably make them again at some point, so don't think that i am simply having a go, i am only trying to give people a bit of advice.

PS:
i am really sorry if it is in the wrong section, now i look back at it i think it should of been in the advice section but i wasn't fully sure so i left it where it was.
if anything in the thread annoys members staff please PM me and i'll see what i can edit

once again i just want to say, i am not staff i am writing this to try and help people, sorry if it sounds a bit antagonistic, it's really not meant to be.
DanHenceworth is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 users say Thank You to DanHenceworth for this post:
Old 03-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #2
DanHenceworth
getDare Devil

Just thought I'd pop up with this again
DanHenceworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
Sissyslut123
Account Banned

Just wanted to say this is a really good thread and I used it to help me as well, so thank you so much for making this, and I hope others will see it (that's why I'm bringing it back towards the top with this post).
Likes: light anal, crossdressing, sissy hypno, diapers, screen control, cum eating
Limits: public, family, poop, shaving
PM DARES: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=74876
I am MistressMadeleine's slave
Naughty box http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=74499
Summer training(open all summer):
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=224072
Punishment for a bad slave: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=225020
Sissyslut123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk