Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

View Poll Results: Is the "Training Academy" mostly a good idea?
YES 56 10.04%
NO 502 89.96%
Voters: 558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Phoenix_blaze

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix_blaze Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix_blaze
Lightbulb A Training Academy?

I had this wacky idea about there being a slave training academy online.

A benefit of this would be that masters would be able to find slaves who have been basically "trained", and also tried the whole Slave/Master scene already, so they know if its right for them or not - this would certainly cut down the amount of 1 time people.

Its an idea that i'm really not sure about, so it would be great if you guys out there would post your opinions!

Please post if you are a slave or master (or both), and then say what you think of the idea. If you could post any suggestions for the Academy, then please do!!

Thanks

Add me to chat / TorD / S&M

Anal, CBT, Creative Dares, Cum eating, Masturbation
Messy, Noisy, Public
Involving Others, Damage, SCAT
Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave

I think this might be quite a good idea- allows people to experience things- and to work out what their limits are.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Coyote
getDare Addict

that could be a good idea. the only downfall would be that some masters(including me) enjoy taking inexperienced slaves and forming them to their own likings.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Phoenix_blaze

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix_blaze Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix_blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
that could be a good idea. the only downfall would be that some masters(including me) enjoy taking inexperienced slaves and forming them to their own likings.
True, but just remember that there will be masters needed to teach

i don't know wether that could be part time/full time yet.

Messy, Noisy, Public
Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave

I think that you could have two routes:
1) masters pick and mold the slave into what they want.
2) the academy molds the slave generically for a master to add the finishing touches to.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
XkecoXchanX
Account Banned

I think its good idea kinda.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Phoenix_blaze

great, any suggestions we could use?

Messy, Noisy, Public
Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
XkecoXchanX
Account Banned

I'm not that smart lol
Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
JoMo
getDare Sweetheart

In practice it would seem that this idea would have a group of masters set up as a collective which new slaves can ask to be trained by/try stuff out. This in itself is no different than any current individually worked out system except for the fact that the group of masters is presumably made up of trustworthy, responsible, good dominants. However, this leads to a bunch of very difficult questions about how to decide who fits the bill, who decides etc. There are plenty of well-respected members on this site who most people trust a heck of a lot, but noone springs to mind as the fountain of truth for Dominant or submissive matters. There are some people who regularly express their views eloquently and sensibly, however there are an equal number, if not more, who prefer to keep equally sensible views to themselves.

This is a good idea in essence, that has been suggested before, however I think the creation of any academy of this sort would inevitably lead to an arbitrary division between dominants on this site: Those who are good enough to be part of the academy, and those who aren't. There are plenty who won't want to be, but a significant number who will, and I don't think anyone on here really has the right to decide who is a good dom and who is not from the biased outlook we get from each others posts.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Phoenix_blaze

Thats a very good point JoMo.

how the Academy would work is there would be specifications layed out based on polls. For example, lets say we are talking about the Anal course.

For bronze, you may have to hold a small item of certain length and width, for silver, bigger and for gold biggest. We would agree on the details by polls, seeing the biggest and the smallest used objects.

Your point about teachers, this is where this comes in. The ideal way would be to have a forum where masters can post that they are going to hold a class in a certain field, and people can apply. The master would then asses them following guidelines, and award the badge as neccesary.

How would we appoint masters? Simples! They must prove to say me that they are a GOLD in the field they wish to teach. If they do it, no problem! They can then teach that subject. But they must be a GOLD!

Thats basically my idea on how it could work, thanks for pointing that out JoMo. I hope that answers your question

Messy, Noisy, Public
Old 02-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
JoMo
getDare Sweetheart

So you're saying to teach a class in a certain subject you would have to have achieved yourself what you are teaching? This seems more like a subs teaching subs, doms teaching doms academy, which is also an extremely good idea.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
Phoenix_blaze

so long as you have mastered your field you are teaching, you can teach. Perhaps at the time there will be a limit, such as too teach you must have mastered the basics in all subjects [bronze], but these are things that can be adjusted at the time.

and anyways, you can always be a master and learn something new

Messy, Noisy, Public

Last edited by Phoenix_blaze; 02-19-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: last line
Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
JoMo
getDare Sweetheart

What do you mean by mastered it though?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
Phoenix_blaze

when we set out the specifications of each course (which as i said are attained by using poll data), we will be able to set standards for the Bronze, Silver and Gold. When i say "mastered" I am referring to the Gold, as getting there is assumed that the person can do that field successfully.

Messy, Noisy, Public
Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
doomed_soul89
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to doomed_soul89

A master picking up a slave thats already been trained... thats not a master thats a owner buying a slave from the master
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk