Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
rangertom

Music Beam Do you have special songs that makes you remember stuff from the past?

I always loved music and I listen to it all the time. When something remarkable happens in my life, both good and bad, I clearly remember the songs or music I was listening to that moment. Even after years, if I hear a particular song again, I get overwhelmed with the same feelings and emotions I felt at that moment. It doesn't even has to link to a significant moment, some songs just makes me remember stuff like shopping for food, a business trip for work or just a weekend chilling at home.

I was wondering if you experience music and memories the same way. What song or lyric really got to you and makes you link to a specific event that happened to you in the past, significant or not?

Likes:slow teases, dice dares, mild pain, edging, spanking, orgasm denial / forced, semi-public, ...
Dislikes: degrading / humiliation, bladder control, ice, pictures, anal
Limits: blood, illegal, friends/family, permanent, cam, social suicide, messy
rangertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

A huge number of songs that I listen to automatically make me think of what I was doing at earlier times (say for example there are a few albums that I had on loop while I was reading a certain book series many years ago, or playing a certain game) they aren't really significant events for the most part though.

I guess a lot of them in general do remind me of certain phases when I was listening to those types of music the most, but it's rarely some omg life changing moment sort of thing.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
unknowndepthsz

Music has always been part of my life and I can really relate to a particular song bring back memories of a specific event. I try and pick a song every day and add it to a playlist, it’s like a soundtrack to my life. I don’t know to me finding a song that expresses how you are feeling in that particular moment is an amazing feeling, one that should be cherished.

Currently listening too Staind – Epiphany.
unknowndepthsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Kelthrai

Yes, some songs remind me of things. Green Day's Minority reminds me of when I realised that being different is a good thing; Taylor Swift's Red remiss me of my best friend, with whom I lost contact for several years and recently found again; and Guns N Roses' November Rain will remind me of this summer, because of all the shit that's happened.
Kelthrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Eye Of the Tiger- I once was part of a scientific contest and listened to that song like 3 times straight while i was there. Good ol times :3
Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
realwing

I listened to the same pendulum album on repeat, immersion, when reading the godfather books. It always reminds me of them.

At school, there was a room I went to during free periods which had a playlist on repeat. All those songs bring back good memories.

About Me | Tumblr | Short Fiction | Kinks and Toys
realwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Fidelity

Yes, our first dance at my wedding, but I'm not saying what it is! Sorry!
Fidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
slvmxxx92

Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son.
It remind me the awesome feelings i had watching that great show, Supernatural.
slvmxxx92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
music