Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Default Origins: Beginnings

(this will account for many main characters, also, their backstories)
Lewis:
A war torn planet, known in the last Earthen log as H'rzii, was home to only a couple of dozen of its natives, the Sree. The Sree were a peaceful race, and as often happens, were therefore taken advantage of in the year SQ3T. However, many years before this, (some scholars estimate 74VreE) they had thrived. Relying on the power of knowlegde, rather than that of weapons, they sought to form alliances centrusionally. Their fatal descent happened when they sent a freighter of Vredium, a mineral that was more lustrous that the platinum diamonds of sector H7D, to a planet called R'lyos. The problem with this was was the Sree did not know that Vredium corroded the skin of the inhabitants of that planet. Therefore when they gave it the universal Diplomatic seal, It got shipped strait to the Xraii, the title for that planet's leader. When he opened it, he knew what it was at once, and this in itself infuriated him. The fact that It then fell off the desk and hit him in the groin did not help matters any.

Lewis rose groggily off his lstrlst bed, rubbing his eyes and wondering why the B'ree bell was ringing so early in the morning. His demeanor was most unpleasant due to the fact he had had the same recurring dream in which he and several other people he had known were fighting Raylians, who were native to R'lyos. What make this dream unpleasant, however, was the fact that just before he woke up he was mortally wounded. What made it even worse, however, was when he woke up, he actually had the same injury that had occured overnight. Try as he may, he could not evade sleep, and moreover, the dream.

Despite all this, Lewis still had much to be thankful for. He was rather popular at his facility of education, granted, there were only 2 other kids, he was also decently attractive, with brown-blond hair, teal eyes, and mildly inpressive phisique. B'ree bell still ringing, Lewis decided to investigate...

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Zeromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
krazykid

Interesting...
Although I'd prefer if you held off on creating so many planets, species, weird number/lettering, etc. It clogs up the story and becomes a pain trying to remember who's from where at what's what. Unless of course you have some reason like they're real places/people and you're just being clever about changing the names, like Mars to M'rs or something. But otherwise yeah there are a lot.
krazykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Default Agreed

I think that this is at a crossroads; it could go really bad or really good. We'll see,won't we.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykid View Post
Interesting...
Although I'd prefer if you held off on creating so many planets, species, weird number/lettering, etc. It clogs up the story and becomes a pain trying to remember who's from where at what's what. Unless of course you have some reason like they're real places/people and you're just being clever about changing the names, like Mars to M'rs or something. But otherwise yeah there are a lot.

My reasoning behind this is due to the fact that Earth was destroyed, we therefore should be in a state of "standardized confusion" for lack of a better term. In time you will come to know much about the terminology, in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officelover View Post
I think that this is at a crossroads; it could go really bad or really good. We'll see,won't we.
What would you say would make it better? worse?

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Kyle:

"Our world is destroyed.
Fire rained from the skies.
The Earth shook,
The Land burned,
The Devastation was total.

Dust covered the Earth,
It seemed nothing could survive.

Yet, amidst the ruin,
there is hope..."

-Earthen Data Disk

Kyle was frightened. He had done two things he though he would never do in his life. The first was to sacrifice another human for his sole benefit. The second, which troubled him the most, was that he stole one of the planet's few intergalactic ships, called skiffs.

The reason the first troubled him was because he had, prior to the meteor storm, been a very gentleman like person. Although within that, even the good kid had his 'demons'. Kyle, was at times, a bit kleptomatic. It's not that he lusted for personal wealth, no, Kyle liked belongings mainly for the right to say he had them.

Which brings us to the second reason Kyle was terrified. As he hastily ran to the control deck of the relatively small ship, at least by alien standards, it was only 9 Bruba in length, (about 2.3 earthen miles) he realized one thing.

He didn't have the slightest inkling on how to fly this thing, let alone where he should go. Earth was doomed. The sooner he faced that fact, the better. Friends, family, even enemies of his would not long survive the toxic dust that was settling over the Earth. That is to say, if they survived the meteors themselves.

Yet something sparked hope in Kyle's heart as he entered the bridge and examined the controls. He knew that he had never seen them before, yet he felt as though he already knew how to use them. Just as he was about to examine the planet log, he heard a machine-like voice utter one phrase.

"Auto-pilot engaged, Destination, H'rzii."

Last edited by Zeromus; 12-10-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Michael:

Michael had everything. Almost...
The reason Michael had everything was because his parents had gotten into the mining industry when Michael was about 5 driy old. The intergalactic mining industry at that time, and still is for that matter, thriving.

This came at a cost however. Because Micheal's parents were often on some sort of business call or another, Michael was often alone. Aside school, which he was average in, both socially and academically, he didn't have much to do. Often times, he played video games, but even those proved to be not much fun, especially ones involving strategy, as he was the youngest grandmaster at 6-D chess. However, each day, Michael had an innermost pain inside of him. It was not one of physical discomfort, rather one of spiritual discomfort.

The reason this was so, was because before he was forced to move by his parents, Michael had had friends on his birth-planet of Gfed. That's not to say that he didn't have aquaintances on his new home, Nuruba, but nobody was overly friendly of him in his new home.

You see, back on Gfed, Michael was reasonably popular, and content, sure he may not have had the best brands, but damn those compared to acceptance.

This acceptance in question was primarily that of his best friend, Pepd, who was a popular jock who still found time to befriend Michael. However a time before Michael had to leave, he started to notice things about Pepd that were askew. Whenever Michael wanted to hang out with Pepd, he would always claim to be busy, most of the time working on some "revolutionary new update". Michael had a hard time believing him, especially when each time he came to school the next day, he seemed ever so more beat up and withdrawn. It was at the time Michael finally decided to speak up for his friend that he had to move.

There was also one other thing that troubled Michael. He got to wandering around the house one day and stumbled into his parent's office. Looking at the records, he noticed one thing. His parents were corrupt merchants.

It was then that Michael decided to fight the mining Industry, and moreover, his parents...

Last edited by Zeromus; 12-11-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Zeromus
getDare Devil

It does go without saying that feedback is always appreciated, what is good/bad?

Advertisements
Kink Talk