Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #16
Coyote
getDare Addict

ya at least depp has a plan to solve this predeciment that we have gotten outselves into
Limits:Public,Involving Other People, Illegal, Pee/Poop, High Risk of Getting Caught,Extreme Pain,Anal,Messy/Water,(Backyard might be ok), Masturbation
24/M/USA
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=32347

AFTER HOURS!!(GOOD READING)
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Lightbulb Idea

(Thanks for the answer!)

What if we could only add positive rep. For breaking getDare rules; moderators could take away an apropriate amount. After a person gets to a certain amount (say, 100), they could get into some sort of club. This club could have private discussions, and possibly even have some sort of vote.

Just a suggestion.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 AM   #18
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

My personal opinions:
I think rep should be completely meaningless - just a nice little ornament on the site, and a fun way to compliment users on well-thought-out or high-quality/original posting. To attach anything beyond labels (e.g. "will become famous soon enough" from memory) would return rep to a similar level as post count racing.

Secondly, getDare averages about 500 users a day (much higher in peak periods). I have no understanding of why any mod would want to trawl 200 (or so) rep posts a day.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #19
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officelover View Post
(Thanks for the answer!)

What if we could only add positive rep. For breaking getDare rules; moderators could take away an apropriate amount. After a person gets to a certain amount (say, 100), they could get into some sort of club. This club could have private discussions, and possibly even have some sort of vote.

Just a suggestion.
The way I understand it, if the new system works the same way as Kinktalk's system then we would only be allowed to add rep.

As for breaking rules I don't really see a need for mods to take away rep points as we already have the ability to give infractions or ban users either temporarily or permanently which has more meaningful consequences.

The club idea sounds fun although I would again be worried about abuse in the reverse direction, in other words, people adding to each other just for to boost each other's rep.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote