Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 07-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
**Mandi**
getDare Succubus

Default Online Dating

Have you ever used an online dating site? What was your motivation to do so? Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile?

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like? Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences?

Answer whatever questions apply to you and feel free to add anything else that might be interesting.

As for me I have never used an online dating site.

I am a little princess, be nice <3 I am only on this site for FRIENDS. Nothing else. Please don't ask.

Ask Me Anything Thread
**Mandi** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
samdiatmh
Distinguished Member

Have you ever used an online dating site?
Yes
What was your motivation to do so?
I'm a huge introvert, so it's hard for me to have conversation with people I don't know. I'm much more confident behind a keyboard, so I prefer to get some of the awkwardness out of the way when I can think about what I say.
Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile?
Nope. I'm a very honest person. Lying or exaggerating certainly wouldn't do anything positive for me.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like?
Not yet. I'm kinda picky.
Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences?
Kinda? One of the girls I was talking to started giving me a bit of a creepy vibe. She seemed to be looking for someone to leech off of, so I quit talking to her. Almost two months later she finally stopped trying to text me.
samdiatmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Prime

Key

Have you ever used an online dating site? What was your motivation to do so? Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile?

Yes, I have used a couple of different dating sites for a number of years. My motivation was to find a girlfriend who would be compatible with me. Online dating helps a lot with that.

When you meet someone in person, you have no idea what their stance is on religion, politics, lifestyle, morals, and general ethics. Dating sites can let you know of these potential deal breakers ahead of time, before you would get emotionally invested in someone who you clearly won't like in the long run.

My profile was completely honest, did not fudge anything about myself.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like? Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences?

Yes, I went on a dozen dates or so. There were about four dates that I actually enjoyed a lot, each case they lasted for six hours or so. The rest were lackluster one hour meets with clearly no chemistry.

No traumatic experiences, besides a couple of women not understanding rejection. I had one stalk me online and messaging me once every two months or so, under a different screen name, pretending we have never talked. Other ones would just message me constantly, when I clearly told them I'm not interested.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
2bchew
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Mandi** View Post
Have you ever used an online dating site? I have used altenative online sites for dates.Mainly 2 different bondage/discipline site.Im not sure if you are allowed to mention other sites publicly on here.

What was your motivation to do so? Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile?My main motivation is finding people with the same interests.Kinda hard to walk up to a woman in a bar and ask if I can spank her and clamp her nipples.haha And no.If your purpose of the site is to actually date then lying would be exposed pretty quickly once you meet.And thats not the way to kick of a relationship.lol

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like? Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences? I have met and dated several woman off those site.Just like normal dating some good some bad meets.Never a truly traumatic experience like a serial killer or all out nut case.

Answer whatever questions apply to you and feel free to add anything else that might be interesting.

I like using the sites because of my kinky to most people lifestyle.It lets me find those who already except and embrace my interests.Not only that but you can talk online for a bit to get a feel for the person without that first awkward date.
As for me I have never used an online dating site.
You being a pretty and young woman would probably have to take a few extra precautions but so far I have not found much negative with on line meeting.
2bchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
Guv'nor
getDare Devil

No, but I have used social network sites to meet new people. Well, I thought I wanted a girlfriend. I didn't lie or exaggerate

I did, and frankly, it was reasonable. Nothing traumatic, but the woman I ended up seeing lied to me throughout the whole relationship

Ask me anything

Likes (as a Dom): Toilet Control, humiliation, WAM, clothing control, underwear control, chastity control

Kik: GD_Guvnor
Guv'nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #6
Rufio

I've never used a "Dating site" But I do use a teen-Chat when I was younger and I was very honest about myself

I met and dated a girl for a few years I met on there, we never got to meet because of complications all the time. I was in a car accident on the way to finally meet her and didn't end up making it.. The next week she had another guy go visit her and they ended up dating, needless to say I was crushed.

Sorry for the sob story c.c
Rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
dracone1313

Yes I use a free one called meet me.

Ive gone on dates with 3 people Ive met there. I lost my virginirty to the first one, she was my first serious gf. and the third one was as friends.
no traumatic experiences, but I regret the two dating relationships from it.

Likes: public humiliation, xdressing, (no clothes atm tho). anal if safe.
(PUBLIC. If its semi public and very obvious, I love it. If its EXTREMLY public but less obvious, I love it even more. however very public and very obvious both is not an option. just to clarifiy)

Limits: Just be reasonable.( I shouldnt have to say this, but social suicide, and illegal are NOT reasonable!!)

"flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo
dracone1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
randywood12
getDare Sweetheart

Default no

I have plenty of action in my town and neighborhood.....

I am a very dominant but benevolent male looking for submissive females, no trannies or males.

Likes: cybersex play, masturbation, nudity, sexual and social intercourse, women with real breasts and taut nipples.

Dislikes: Extreme Pain, family, permanent, friends,shitting and pissing, deflamation of anyone's character.
randywood12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
fitsexyguy
Distinguished Member

I have.

There were two motivations; it was mainly curiosity but also seeing if I could meet someone (which also kind of falls under curiosity). I wanted to see what it was like just out of curiosity but also to see if it would be something that would work for me because I struggle to meet new people.

No, all the information was completely true, nothing that would make me identifiable but the information I provided and questions I answered were done with complete truth.
I was extremely uncomfortable posting a photo of myself though so I went with just black or something else but just didn't feel comfortable putting up my photo.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like?
I didn't, I found that firstly the site allowed you to be EXTREMELY picky but also that there weren't a lot of people my age on their and the few that were my age I wouldn't go for. I found it to be really weird thought because so many people seemed fake so I just left the site.

Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences?
No, because I didn't get any dates because I couldn't seriously commit to using the site as a method of meeting people plus I'd be embarrassed if people found out I used a dating site.

I do have a story though. I'd gone through and answered a whole heap of match questions because that was the most interesting thing to do on the stupid site. Anywho, each day it would send you an email with people that were supposed to be a really good match. One day I was looking at the email and there was this really cute girl that I apparently had an extremely high match with. Clicked on the profile and turned out to be a friend of a friend who I'd met before. Needless to say I couldn't contact her because I felt weird about people knowing which sucked but I felt very relieved that I didn't have a picture up because if I'd come up as her match she'd have recognised me.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Dareholic
getDare Addict

Have you ever used an online dating site? Yes I have.

What was your motivation to do so? I have no idea. Guess I was just bored when I clicked on an email from the site to join free.

Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile? No. I don't lie. If you want people to be completely honest with you; you must be completely honest with them too.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like? I have gone on many before. Most was just a lets meet date, and nothing more then that. Others, I have had some success.

Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences? When I was 17, I thought I was chatting with another 17 year old. However, when I met her for the first time; she was more like 37. Being underaged, I had to just end it. Another time, I was chatting with this man. We seemed to being chatting about alot of the same things that we'd liked. I met him, he seemed normal at the time. He did buy me a Iced-Mocha-(something). Later, I met him at his house, and nothing will get me to tell the rest of that story.

RETIRED: THANKS getDare, I HAD FUN.

OH, JUST REMEMBER: "Life is not fun, unless you are having fun." - Dareholic

"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent." - Mark Twain
Yamask
Dareholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
Hallamark

I've tried it. It's not a preference when it comes to meeting people online. It's like when you message somebody it's two people trying to force a relationship when there may be very little in common or one or both are exaggerating on thier profile. I've had friends who have had bad experiences with it such as the person actually looking nothing like they do in thier profile or going for public meet ups only to be stood up. Also the m/f ratio on every site seems to be atleast 10/1 which works as you'd expect. Girls being picky, guys being desperate.

I think meeting somebody on a social network somehere that isn't a dating site is better. Nothing is forced, you often don't have to deal with as much competition from other guys/girls and people are likely to be more real in my opinion. I feel like there's more of a chance for a spark in a casual atmosphere and not a dating site. I've met somebody amazing online (tumblr). We found each other and just hit it off right away and we've been friends for a long time.

Last edited by Hallamark; 07-07-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Hallamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
**Mandi**
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareholic View Post
Have you ever used an online dating site? Yes I have.

What was your motivation to do so? I have no idea. Guess I was just bored when I clicked on an email from the site to join free.

Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile? No. I don't lie. If you want people to be completely honest with you; you must be completely honest with them too.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like? I have gone on many before. Most was just a lets meet date, and nothing more then that. Others, I have had some success.

Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences? When I was 17, I thought I was chatting with another 17 year old. However, when I met her for the first time; she was more like 37. Being underaged, I had to just end it. Another time, I was chatting with this man. We seemed to being chatting about alot of the same things that we'd liked. I met him, he seemed normal at the time. He did buy me a Iced-Mocha-(something). Later, I met him at his house, and nothing will get me to tell the rest of that story.
But... but... I am SO curious for the rest of that story now. Please do tell!

I am a little princess, be nice <3 I am only on this site for FRIENDS. Nothing else. Please don't ask.

Ask Me Anything Thread
**Mandi** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
SilverKerberos

Yes, a few times, all free sites. Not currently, however.

Loneliness, pure and simple. I work a lot (40-50 hrs/week), hardly ever meet new people, so why not use the 'net?

I tried to be as honest as possible.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your
experience like?
I went on a few dates. Most never went beyond the first date, but the last gal I met became my girlfriend. The relationship didn't last, though. Typically with online dating I could message as many gals as I wanted, but there was never any guarantee that they were going to message back, and even if they did, that it was anything beyond friendliness.

Have you had any traumatic online dating
experiences?
Hmmmm not too bad, I don't think, but I've heard some real horror stories.

Kik: SilverKerberos

Manager by day, musician by night, tell me what you'd like to be, do, or see, alright?
SilverKerberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

I have used an online dating site in the far distant past. At the time I was pretty shy and had a hard time meeting people in person (still do), however I find that I am able to talk more naturally in writing. I don't know if anyone remembers that site Spin the Bottle (or something like that). That's what I used. I never really lied or exaggerated on my profile, but I did withhold information that was either embarrassing or not their business.

In the end I never dated anyone I met from the site. Most of the people I met were pretty awful. However they did have a nice little online community (by stupid teen standards) and I did a lot of socializing that way. I have had traumatic online dating experiences, unrelated to the site, though. When I was about 15 I hooked up with a younger boy and wound up being had (he was seeing multiple girls online). That was when I learned that traditional dating ethics and values hold no weight in online dating.
Some time before that, I had an online fling with a man who turned out to be a predator.

Now that I think about it, the internet is dangerous... :|

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
Ethan2cu
Distinguished Member

Send a message via AIM to Ethan2cu Send a message via MSN to Ethan2cu Send a message via Yahoo to Ethan2cu

Yes I have. Motivated by curiosity. Did not lie, but was not fully forthcoming with all details.

Never met anyone for more than on exchange of email. most sites you have pay for in order to reap the benefits, and , quite frankly, it's not worth a monthly free.. it would be nice if there was a truly FREE site.

Feel free to KIK me if you are female KIK: ethan2cu

Limits: anal, pain
Ethan2cu is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk