Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #16
Hg.
getDare Sweetheart

I'm still rather 'iffy' about the new doctor - He seems mean.

First episode - Appears to a young girl home alone, demands to come into her house and shouts at her for excessive quantities of food, finding out that almost everyone she loved had left her after saying 'Be back in five minuites', then leaving her using the same line, making her become obsessed with him for I-forget-how-many-years to the extent of phyciatric help. From there appearing once for the main part of episode 1 with little care about the damage he did and then again a year after, interrupting her the night before her wedding day, to ensure even more emotional trouble on her.

Second episode - tells her to go off on her own, shouts at her for making a mistake while on her own that she cannot even remember, and managing to still being cruel to her even for a while after she saves the day and stops him having to kill his magical space-whale friend.

Thats probably the doing of the scriptwriters though, no qualms with the acting.

I also felt the idea of episode 2 was not built upon enough in the start, and the programme quickly got complicated as new concepts were added with no build up or foreshadowing.

That may just be me having trouble getting used to the new style, and it is the first couple of times Matt has played the role.

Woah.. That was a long review/rant.

I reserve the right to refuse to do any dare, and to subsequently update my limits from there
Up to hard limits is OK
..Not frequently active anymore
Hg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I'd agree with those points - he is a very forward Doctor with extremely high expectations. But then he has just come from being a 'lol I can break Timelord rules' Doctor that was crushed back down to, uh, mortality? again.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #18
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Spoiler:
I swear he is, Cant remember why but at the end of Torchwood he was going off to find the Doctor and at the end you heard the TARDIS, this was in the children of earth ones. And I believe James Corden is in Doctor who as well.
At the end of that series of Torchwood, it then continues for Jack in "Utopia" of Doctor Who. That wasn't in Children of Earth, it was in the regular series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
Is it just me, or does Smith spend a lot of time trying to talk like Tennant? I feel like I preferred him in the Ruby in the Smoke. Not that I dislike him so far, just that I feel he could be a little more "himself."

The best episode of each season was each written by Moffat, so I have faith that the cracks being so obvious isn't the end of his great writing. I'm also really excited to see the weeping angels returning
He did in the first episode as he was still regenerating. I feel he's moved into his own now though, whilst also being like other Doctors (mainly the Second) with his mannerisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hg. View Post
I'm still rather 'iffy' about the new doctor - He seems mean.

First episode - Appears to a young girl home alone, demands to come into her house and shouts at her for excessive quantities of food, finding out that almost everyone she loved had left her after saying 'Be back in five minuites', then leaving her using the same line, making her become obsessed with him for I-forget-how-many-years to the extent of phyciatric help. From there appearing once for the main part of episode 1 with little care about the damage he did and then again a year after, interrupting her the night before her wedding day, to ensure even more emotional trouble on her.

Second episode - tells her to go off on her own, shouts at her for making a mistake while on her own that she cannot even remember, and managing to still being cruel to her even for a while after she saves the day and stops him having to kill his magical space-whale friend.

Thats probably the doing of the scriptwriters though, no qualms with the acting.

I also felt the idea of episode 2 was not built upon enough in the start, and the programme quickly got complicated as new concepts were added with no build up or foreshadowing.
First episode ... it wasn't intentional, on the Doctor's part, with the skipping years. It's a new TARDIS and it's a bit out-of-control still. Plus he's a bit mad due to his regeneration.

Note that he's woken up, gone to see the Ood, gone to find the Master still alive, met Wilf and Donna again, watched the Time Lords "come back", witnessed Rassilon before his very eyes, wiped out his entire race (and the Master?) again, then been to see his previous companions as he was in pain, before regenerating in an exploding TARDIS, then going on to hang on for dear life, before then saving the entire world again in twenty minutes ... all in the same day! Poor bloke!

I agree the second episode was too much too soon and too early into the series though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
I'd agree with those points - he is a very forward Doctor with extremely high expectations. But then he has just come from being a 'lol I can break Timelord rules' Doctor that was crushed back down to, uh, mortality? again.
Yep. And he's seeing things from an alien point of view, rather than a human point of view (though I suspect this will change now he has Amy).
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #19
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Also, I bring spoilers!

Dalek spoilers.

If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click the link.

Oooh, the temptation.

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/fe...who-daleks/01/
Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #20
Hg.
getDare Sweetheart

Marvin - you'll probably know this:

how far along is the current doctor in the limits of regeneration, as in I know that he apparently only gets a certain number of regenerations, but how many has he got through so far?

I reserve the right to refuse to do any dare, and to subsequently update my limits from there
Up to hard limits is OK
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Marvin - you'll probably know this:

how far along is the current doctor in the limits of regeneration, as in I know that he apparently only gets a certain number of regenerations, but how many has he got through so far?
Ten full regenerations, Eleventh body at present.

There was the "botched regeneration" in "The Stolen Earth" where the Tenth Doctor copped out of the process but that's not a full regeneration.

Time Lords have 12 regenerations, 13 lives.

But the Master has had 15+ so the limit can be stretched. Plus, God knows what the Time War's done to the limit
Old 04-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZV28ilRkkQ

Best piece of music EVER.

Ya rly.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #24
openinvizion

Location: I live in my house, in a small country with other countries nearby
Send a message via Yahoo to openinvizion

Must say.. alot of past references.. Magpie Electricals. From one of Tennants episodes.

So far, enjoying it, but hope it gets better.

And so far, as far as I know, there has not been ONE[new] Doctor who hasnt had a Dalek Encounter. 2 with Eccleston[Museum and with Satellite 5] Tennant and Rose[Doomsday] Tennant and Martha[Daleks in Manhatten] and Tennant and Donna[The Stolen Earth].. and now. Smith and Pond..

Also..

Matt Smith
The Doctor[alias is.. John Smith]

Coincidence?
随着泡沫漂流
勇士小男孩
凯旋回家了
作战勇敢的小男孩
凯旋回家了

DIBS ON MEW

openinvizion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by openinvizion View Post
Must say.. alot of past references.. Magpie Electricals. From one of Tennants episodes.

So far, enjoying it, but hope it gets better.

And so far, as far as I know, there has not been ONE[new] Doctor who hasnt had a Dalek Encounter. 2 with Eccleston[Museum and with Satellite 5] Tennant and Rose[Doomsday] Tennant and Martha[Daleks in Manhatten] and Tennant and Donna[The Stolen Earth].. and now. Smith and Pond..
Prepare for even more past references as the show goes on

Every Doctor has encountered the Daleks on-screen bar Eight
Old 04-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #26
Hg.
getDare Sweetheart

third/fourth adventure and ALREADY fighting off Daleks - they're usually saved for the series finale.

This series is getting very rushed.

Up to hard limits is OK
Old 04-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
third/fourth adventure and ALREADY fighting off Daleks - they're usually saved for the series finale.

This series is getting very rushed.
I'm glad we get them early. Makes a change.

Being in every single finale is predictable and boring.

Look how awesome the one-part "Dalek" was and that wasn't a finale.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #28
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Matt approves of the new series!

Glass dildo cannot be unseen.

Just 'coz.

The Master also approves of the new series!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #29
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Captain Jack wont be in it and wiil be missed. thing is there rushing it to try and convince Tennent loyal that smith is as good. Though has anyone else catch on to the extensive clip of Doomsday and in that episode the Doctor did say it will have caused cracks in time and space as it splitters.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #30
tfd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finland4ever View Post
Captain Jack wont be in it and wiil be missed.
How does everybody know fo' sho'? It could be a secret. If I remember rightly, last series, the spoiler sequence didn't show much of the reality bomb, and the Dalek's plan to annihilate all life.

Also, on an unrelated note: WHY DID THEY KILL ALL THE TORCHWOOD TEAM! I know the IRL reasons, but it totally wrecked the last set of episodes for me. When Owen died, I was devastated, love him. When Tosh died, I was like "oh, this is a bit similar." Then when my good friend Ianto passed away, I was like "FUCK YOU" Russell T Davies.

Also, Marvin, YOU ROCK MY WORLD. I <3 the music.

Also, Marvin, I thought the exact same thing about the Glass Dildo in the centre of the Vortex Manipulator. (I dunno what it's called, so I call it that...)

Also, I concurr, Matt Smith is a really awesome doctor, very powerful, yet quite gentle seeming in a way. I think the pair of charactors interact fantastically, and I can see them developing in a very different way to previous partnerships, which had got rather similar to an extent.
tfd is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood