Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
slave2b83

Default Nipple Clamp Help

How long is it safe to wear nipple clamps? I see people dare others to wear nipple clamps to bed for the night. Is this safe to wear them that long? I have read online that they should only be worn for 10-20min. I have a pair of Japanese Clover Clamps if the type of clamps make a difference.

I'm not planning to wear them over night but I am planning to do a bondage session that would last an hour or two and am curious if it will be safe to wear the nipple clamps for this amount of time. Thanks in advance.
Dislikes: cum/orgasm denial
27/M/USA
Here is my add:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=83116
slave2b83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Pet Phoenix
Distinguished Member

Here's an excerpt from a BDSM help site which correlates with a couple of other sources and with my own understanding from personal experience. I think it should provide a nice rounded response to your question without me having to write it all out myself:

Quote:
Because prolonged clamping can cause tissue damage, most people will tell you that you should never leave them on for more than 20-30 minutes, however I personally have been adorned with them for a much much longer period of time. The key is, it really depend on the type of clamps being used. For instance, alligator style or tweezer style nipple clamps can very aggressively clamp down on the tissue, pretty much denying all blood flow and thus should not be left on for very long. On the other hand, Japanese Clover Clamps don't pinch too hard when just clamping the tissue, but if pulled, clamp down hard and hard as you pull. Because they only clamp down enough to hold, blood flow is restricted but not completely cut off and thus it is safer to leave them on much longer. Also you will notice that many of the alligator style clamps sold have adjustable pressure screws. This allows you to adjust it so that the clamping action is just strong enough to keep it on, but some restricted blood flow would be allowed, thus again making them safer for longer term use.
In short, clamping restricts or in the case of very powerful clamps can completley cut off blood flow to the clamped area, tissue without bloodflow can start to die, not something you want, if that occurs then about the best you can expect is permanently decreased sensitivity in that area.

This is typically not the case for softer, less powerful clamps however and rest assured that many many many people, myself included enjoy getting bits of them clamped for long periods of time and have suffered no ill will.

I think you'll be absolutely fine with your clover clamps for an hour or so, so long as you aren't leaving a big weight hanging off them that whole time. Hope that helps

extreme anal, pain, bondage, toys, enemas, mild cbt, non-consensual, humiliation, denial,
flagellation/spanking, crossdressing, nipple play, heavy cbt,
milking, watersports, urethral, chores, daipers, friends, public, wax/fire, e-stim
scat, worship, family
Pet Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Stacy89

Depends how tight they are. If theyre serious clamps, that cut off the blood supply, you can only do about 5-30 minutes. If it doesnt cut off the blood supply, you can keep it up for hours, but this differs from person to person. No matter what, youre cutting off the blood to a point. If it starts turning blue (Purple isnt too bad...), you should stop. If you get a stabbing pain, you should stop.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it
Wont Do: Illegal, Orgasm, Sexual Penetration, Body Modification, Permenant.

This is a work in progress.
Stacy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
Pet Phoenix
Distinguished Member

but good points well made all the same stacy ^^ especially on the symptoms, hehe yea, blue and stabbing pains X3 watch out for those.

extreme anal, pain, bondage, toys, enemas, mild cbt, non-consensual, humiliation, denial,
flagellation/spanking, crossdressing, nipple play, heavy cbt,
milking, watersports, urethral, chores, daipers, friends, public, wax/fire, e-stim
scat, worship, family
Pet Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
nisubman

I to have the clover clamps have had them on 4 3 hours once hurt like devils raging hell but my nips survived!
nisubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
aislinnmarie

i would say that if you are new to clamps, work up your time slowly. You never really want to leave them on for very long. 20 to 30 mins. Yes you can have them on longer with no ill effects, but there's also a chance you can have them on for a shorter amount of time and HAVE ill effects.

Just be careful and use some common sense.
aislinnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk