Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 10-26-2015, 05:08 AM   #1
Masters_pet

Send a message via AIM to Masters_pet
Default Remove 'no limit' information

Just a thought while I was looking through the s/M section. I think the option to add 'no limits' into your thread title should be removed. As most of us know 'no limits' doesn't really exist. Along with the fact that if someone actually says they are looking for a no limits slave, at best they are reminded that no limits doesn't really exist, at worst it starts an argument or they get ridiculed.

It seems like a strange, hypocritical contradiction to offer that option in the thread title...
Masters_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #2
LordEdward
getDare Sweetheart

i agree with this
there is no slave as no limit slave or even if it exist that is just too rare to be able to let anyone ask for this
limits: picture // family // public // blood // social suicide // messy

feel free to PM me if you want to talk
older males especially make me horny if they dominate me
LordEdward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:17 AM   #3
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

I say keep it. It's a nice red flag so you can see who to avoid. And you haven't even opened the ad yet!
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
Tease
Whiny Weasel Hunter

Yes "No Limits" does exist, it annoys me seeing remarks like this when you clearly do not understand what the term means.

You are taking the definition of No Limit or Unlimited to be a literal definition, but this is not how the words are meant. Just like your broadband provider doesn't really offer you unlimited usage, website/email providers offering no limits on storage or restaurants offering unlimited drink refills.
Clearly nothing in life is truly unlimited or No limits if you want to use the term that way but in all these instances the term No Limits or Unlimited it is inferred that that is all within reasonable usage.

A No limit slave is no different, I would argue that No limits would also infer reasonable demands whilst remaining within the boundaries of Safe, Sane, Consensual which clearly telling a slave to jump off a bridge or commit social suicide would fall outside of. Just the same way that people listing limits here only show those that would be reasonably asked for inside of SSC too so that we don't all have to list Stabbing, suicide, and jumping off bridges in our signatures as limits.

If you want to be so literal with your definitions then look at the word SAFE then too, I can pick up a piece of paper, get a paper cut, that gets infected and I lose a finger. So if I've got to stay Safe do I never read a book? never buy a ticket? Never purchase anything from the supermarket in case the receipt cuts me?

Whilst we're at it shall we just remove the words Safe, Unlimited, Infinite, Forever, eternal, perpetual, etc altogether because none of them really exist. Oh wait damn it, even the World Wide Web doesn't really cover the whole world so lets remove that term, or call it the Quite-A-Lot-Of-The-World-Wide-Web. Yes that's it http://QALOTWWW.GETDARE.COM would be so much better.

See how silly it is if you take things too literally?
Tease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
realwing

I agree that there is basically no such thing as no limits when it comes to this kind of thing. However, as most of the people who are on this site are horny at the time, they understandably find it quite exciting to post on a thread labelled as "no limits" even though they really know it's not true.

Personally, no limits isn't my kind of thing but I understand people what like that kind of thing. As such, I don't think the option should be removed.

About Me | Tumblr | Short Fiction | Kinks and Toys
realwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
GreekDude

Totally agree with Tease.
And if you people don't like no limit slaves don't contact
And everyone will be happy
GreekDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:55 PM   #7
Happy Me

I like it because I know not to even click on those ads. Just the fact that people use it shows it has a purpose, even if some people disagree with it.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
camstarjamie

Send a message via AIM to camstarjamie Send a message via MSN to camstarjamie Send a message via Yahoo to camstarjamie

A better line would be "few limits" or, more descriptive: "willing to explore and discover new limits" - something to that effect.
camstarjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:36 AM   #9
SometimesBeautiful

I have come across many slaves who say that have 'no limits' and turn out to have more limits then the normal person. The idea above about changing it to 'few limits' would work better!
SometimesBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:06 AM   #10
alias
Distinguished Member

I personally agree with happy on this one. It serves a purpose as a troll marker and tells us not to look at the ad, or at least not take it seriously... Can definitely be used for a few laughs though

All credit for my sig pic goes to BondageLisa

AMA
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

i agree with most of you.. it's like a bright red stop sign to help you stay away from people who are known to induce eye-rolls and irritation (and of course, like alias said, they're also good for a laugh )

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #12
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Indeed, in the BDSM world, "no limits" means exactly that, and few people would ever say it. I thought about the original intent of this post, and it would make things easier if that option weren't available, but on the other hand it does give a hint as to the level of knowledge of the person using the term.
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:35 AM   #13
Sasher
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Me View Post
I like it because I know not to even click on those ads. Just the fact that people use it shows it has a purpose, even if some people disagree with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola.fox View Post
i agree with most of you.. it's like a bright red stop sign to help you stay away from people who are known to induce eye-rolls and irritation (and of course, like alias said, they're also good for a laugh )
I wish there was a "Like" or "Thank you" button for every post, you would get a thousand from me. I agree so much.
Sasher is offline   Reply With Quote