Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 05-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Default Insert Image Resizing

Sometimes I want to insert an image directly into the post I want to post. So I use the button with 'the little moutain and sun in a frame' as icon to import it. But many times the pictures are bigger than the width of the posts in this forum.

Using an image of the size 400x600 (or something similar) is a good fitting for the width of this forum. But most of the times, the images I want to import are bigger. Sometimes above 1000x1000. I always have to take many steps before being able to import the image I want as a fitting size for this forum, mostly using tinypic or another similar website which consumes lots of time.

So my idea is to create a new BB Code (or something else) that lets you import an image which you can resize yourself. This resizing will be done with a single number, a ratio.

For example: I want to upload a screenshot of my laptop, which is 1080x1920. This is far too big for the forum. So I will use the resizing feature to resize the image within the getDare forum (using BB Code or whatever). This is done by adding the number 3 to the import feature. The forum will reduce the size of the image I upload by 3, which will be 1080x1920 --> 360x640. Now the image fits perfectly into the post I want to post.

If you want to create this with BB Code, it could be something like:
Quote:
(IMG)(INT)number(/INT)link(/IMG)
Of course, all the parenthesis must be replaced by brackets [].

Any thought on this idea? Maybe some improvement for this idea or hard criticism.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
MALEficent
Distinguished Member

Asterisk

I think that this is a great idea, would make everything easier here.
Wish I could help with something but I don't understand anything about those things

Male/Gay/Gender Fluid/Switch

Edge counter: 100/100

Likes: humiliation, body writing, omorashi, wedgies, exercise, rules, watersports, pet play, age play, wax, sounding, roleplay, socks, ballbusting, underwear, edging, denial, spanking, socks, foot torture, messy;

Dislikes: shaving, anal, long;

Limits: public(includes pictures), truths, crossdressing, scat/puke, family, friends, permanent damage, blood

PM Dares/Rules;

Toy list.

Beast is so harsh, I prefer MALEficent.
MALEficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALEficent View Post
I think that this is a great idea, would make everything easier here.
Wish I could help with something but I don't understand anything about those things
I, too, am not able to encode such a thing in certain website languages. That's why I present this idea to the community (and especially the staff) for their opinion. So thank you for giving your opinion on this idea.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote