Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
Scuba

Post Favorite story?

Has there ever been a game, book, or movie that after you finished it you had to really take a moment? Like you were kind of upset that it was over? So ill be the first to answer my own question I've read a fair amount of books, played my fair share of games, and saw a good bit of movies but nothing ever messed me up more then the game Life is Strange. It was everything from the start to the finish that when it was over I was genuinely sad it had to end. So what's everyone else's , and why?

Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Cstelle
gD Curio

I though that was the normal way of things?

Isn't that more or less the criterion for the goodness of a book, poem, play, film, song, painting, comic, whatever? The good stuff grips us. Affects us. Sometimes even changes us. It becomes part of our life.

Oh god! The loss I feel when a good book or film is over!! (Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings - fuuuuck! I read it almost every year, but it still takes me days to return from Hobbiton!)

John Ford even plays with the thing: in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon he lets us start the grieving... the post-film sadness... only to suddenly yank us back. No! The adventures of Nathan Brittles aren't yet over! He is needed! (But half an hour later...)

So... Yes, it happens to me more or less every time I read a good book, watch a good film... hell, at the end of the Calvin & Hobbes omnibus I'm just drained... Songs! Certain songs by Dylan, the Moody Blues, Donovan...!

Isn't this what everybody feels?

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #3
Scuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstelle View Post
I though that was the normal way of things?

Isn't that more or less the criterion for the goodness of a book, poem, play, film, song, painting, comic, whatever? The good stuff grips us. Affects us. Sometimes even changes us. It becomes part of our life.

Oh god! The loss I feel when a good book or film is over!! (Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings - fuuuuck! I read it almost every year, but it still takes me days to return from Hobbiton!)

John Ford even plays with the thing: in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon he lets us start the grieving... the post-film sadness... only to suddenly yank us back. No! The adventures of Nathan Brittles aren't yet over! He is needed! (But half an hour later...)

So... Yes, it happens to me more or less every time I read a good book, watch a good film... hell, at the end of the Calvin & Hobbes omnibus I'm just drained... Songs! Certain songs by Dylan, the Moody Blues, Donovan...!

Isn't this what everybody feels?
It's obviously the goal for anyone writing any kind of story to have it sink in to the point that it truley touches someone that's why I wanted to start this thread because each person is so different it really amazes me as to see what has certain effects on different people so yes everybody I assume has felt this at a point of time in there life I guess I'm trying to ask more what made you feel the absolute worse if that makes any sence at all

Last edited by Scuba; 11-15-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
books, movie, question, questions, share