Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
damned_virus

Default collars

My mistress recently gifted me with a collar, As this is a common way, in the BDSM world, to show ownership, I am curious as to who else has a collar? and what are peoples views on it???
Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
dared to perfection
getDare Devil

i would only wear a collar in an offline relationship with a mistress otherwise putting it on and taking it off freely on cam is just not the same symbolism of ownership.
dared to perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
batman420

Send a message via AIM to batman420 Send a message via MSN to batman420 Send a message via Yahoo to batman420

I am currently working for my collar from my Mistress. It is very common in the BDSM to show ownership.
batman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
RecklessDemonic
Account Banned

A collar will show ownership over someone, it also shows a a feeling of love dare I say. When a Master/Mistress gives their slave a collar it means many of things, it is also like a contract. It means many things to many diffrent people. To me it means this:
1. Love between the Dom and sub
2. Trust
3. Comitment (spelled wrong)
4. Honor
5. Ownership
On the offline/online thing it all depends on how much your trust your slave to wear his/her collar. Like my little one if I told her to wear it 24/7 I know she would, but I have enough love and respect for her to know that she knows who she belongs to and that she shouldn't have to wear it all the time and lets her get along with her college life without too much hastle.

Master of slavesixx
RecklessDemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
Traveler

Send a message via ICQ to Traveler Send a message via AIM to Traveler Send a message via MSN to Traveler Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Default Collars

Most is correct above. The BDFSM lifestyle uses collars and the true reasons for collars are as individual as the Owners. Some are the mark of ownership, others to show the world they are lesser. Some are the same as a wedding ring to certain couples.

Even the materials be it leather for common market or work slave. Metals as well show worth with in the slave system. Brass/Bronze, Copper, Steel, Silver or even gold could denote the worth of a slave or status. Cold iron as well primitive and simple but does something subconscious when looked at.

Gor culture is a example of a metal color of round stock and almost hidden closer are becoming more and more seen.

Be it bought at a pet store or made by hand it has a meaning when put on. But the frist question one should ask when seeing one is "fashion or lifestyle" that will put you at least in the correct area when asking about it. Gothic of to day abuse the collar turning it in to a jewelry fashion accessory. So ask before putting foot in mouth, and guessing or judging, perhaps you will learn and be more for it.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #6
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

In some way... The goths turning collars into fashion is quite convenient for those who want to keep their collars on in public, but not have people know about their life style...

"Just a fashion statement", eh?

Im doing dares again If you wanna send one, you can PM me, but I'll probably hang around the dare threads as well.

Limits: I wont ingest anything nasty, Nothing messy that will ruin my furniture or belongings, nothing public, nothing illegal.

most humiliating dare:
I was dared not to remove my panties at all for a few days. Not even for bathroom duties, and to cut a little hole for 'nr 2' as I couldnt remove them . It was strange.
TheLittleStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 AM   #7
Traveler

Send a message via ICQ to Traveler Send a message via AIM to Traveler Send a message via MSN to Traveler Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Default Fashion

Yes, Strawberry that is correct. And yet with the question of "fashion or lifestyle " it automatically defines which is which and allows one to know and understand, becoming educated of the person's thoughts and ideas. Instead of stereotyping and classifications. Yes, it is a way to conceal lifestyle at times. But so is the wrist shackle that looks like a bracelet, carrying in a purse vice wearing it. There are many ways to conceal. Even the ribbon choker or short chain necklaces. Take your pick and then watch as you go out look and see how many ways to conceal and then how many you find in service vice fashion it may be interesting.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk