Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #61
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

i dont think he did anything illegal... i saw it live on tv and when they cut back to foxnews legal team the only thing they were shocked about was him getting 6 days. they didnt say anything about the rest of it.

[IMG=http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/zekrom.jpg]
cbtslave4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #62
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtslave4u2 View Post
i dont think he did anything illegal... i saw it live on tv and when they cut back to foxnews legal team the only thing they were shocked about was him getting 6 days. they didnt say anything about the rest of it.
It's out of place to make people say that. And we have the right to remain silent, so he could of just kept quiet and the judge couldnt do anything about it.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
loke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #63
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by loke View Post
It's out of place to make people say that. And we have the right to remain silent, so he could of just kept quiet and the judge couldnt do anything about it.
yeah, i thought it was a bit much. the guy looked scared, as i would be crying, so it probably didnt occue to him he could plea the fifth.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #64
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
yeah, i thought it was a bit much. the guy looked scared, as i would be crying, so it probably didnt occue to him he could plea the fifth.
Yeah that could be it. Then if the judge didn't honored that then he can get in trouble.

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #65
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Yeah that could be it. Then if the judge didn't honored that then he can get in trouble.
yeah. the guy said he would appeal it but tomorrow is probably the first day he will have a chance to appealhe gets out tomorrow.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #66
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Pleding the fith only works when the person would have to say something that implicated him in a crime. As admitting those things didn't incriminate him in anything illegal I think I was compelled by the court to answer the judge's questions. THough I'm not sure how all of that information is relivent to anything? Bail maybe?

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #67
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
Pleding the fith only works when the person would have to say something that implicated him in a crime. As admitting those things didn't incriminate him in anything illegal I think I was compelled by the court to answer the judge's questions. THough I'm not sure how all of that information is relivent to anything? Bail maybe?
The officer says to you "you have the right to remain silent". No matter for what.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #68
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
i just looked at the amendment and you're right. "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury."

the judge didn't give the option for bail. he has one day left so he shouldnt try to appeal it. he will only incur more legal fees.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #69
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
i just looked at the amendment and you're right. "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury."

the judge didn't give the option for bail. he has one day left so he shouldnt try to appeal it. he will only incur more legal fees.
No, I meant what was the point of asking those questions? I was wondering if the questions were asked to determine a fair bail maybe? That's the only reason I could think of for those questions to be asked.

You have any idea?

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #70
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
No, I meant what was the point of asking those questions? I was wondering if the questions were asked to determine a fair bail maybe? That's the only reason I could think of for those questions to be asked.

You have any idea?
oh. yeah, he put him on a payment plan to pay his fines and court fees.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #71
Bigbear
Account Banned

Sport Soccer

Quote:
she has a lot of charges against her, i cant remember them all.l i think felony first degree murder, aggrivated child abuse, lying to cops... there are 7 in total. i didnt read the judge's charge sheet that he gave the jury. even if she gets manslaughter, if i remember correctly, is combined with aggrivated child abuse. the aggrivated child abuse carries 30 years in prison. plus the manslaughter charges!

the judge is a hardass so she will never get out of prison. he sentenced a guy to jail for 6 days plus $400+court fees during this trial for giving the prosecuter the finger! he tore the guy a part and made him say where he worked,how much he makes and how much he has in his bank account live on national television!
Yes he is but to be honest with you he doesnt decide the sentence the jury does and aggrivated child abuse I thought was 15 and manslaughter is 15-25 and casey's 24 or 25 so shell be out by the time shes 75 at least is she lives that long unless she gets murder 1 then shes done unless they give her life with parole but I dont even think shell get murder 1 but its possible(could you imagine if they had this site for the oj simpson trial)
Bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #72
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
" made him say where he worked,how much he makes and how much he has in his bank account"

I would take the judge to court if I was ever made to do that.
Would you prefer it if he gave you a fine that you couldn't afford?
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #73
captainsatkins

Quote:
Have any of you been keeping up with the Casey Anthony murder trial? Do you think she is guilty? Does she deserve the death penalty?

Personally I think she did kill her 2 and a half year old daughter and that she will be sentenced to death. It's in Florida after all so they will more than likely kill her.
I don't think it's 'more than likely' they'll kill her. Capital punishment is used very sparingly (that is, the actual execution is used very sparingly, thanks to multiple right to appeals and the work of both professionals and non-professionals alike).

Texas is the state that has carried out the most executions since the 70s, and I think they've only executed something like 40 or so people.
captainsatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #74
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

The jury has came to a verdict already. They will read it soon.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #75
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsatkins View Post
I don't think it's 'more than likely' they'll kill her. Capital punishment is used very sparingly (that is, the actual execution is used very sparingly, thanks to multiple right to appeals and the work of both professionals and non-professionals alike).

Texas is the state that has carried out the most executions since the 70s, and I think they've only executed something like 40 or so people.
Florida is in second place though.

Advertisements
Kink Talk