Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

View Poll Results: Which ending should I keep for this story?
Suggested ending #1 24 53.33%
Suggested ending #2 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #61
blahblah9

i Love this story it is EPIC
(i use that word all the time)
blahblah9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #62
shynessincarnate
Distinguished Member

Default I need more time. Please?!?

I hate doing this. I know I promised that I would get a post in once a week. I know I also promised that I would start a punishment thread if I didn't get my posts in on time. And so far, I've held up my part of the bargain. I even posted one part a couple of days in advance at the beginning.

Here's the thing...I had one hell of a week. Just recounting the events that transpired this week would make a great story in itself. I am therefore asking you, kind souls of GetDare. Will you please give me an extension? Pleeeeease?

I really don't want the quality of the story to go down the drain because I'm writing too quickly to meet the deadline. I think I can get it done for saturday. So, what do you say? Do I get 'till saturday? Free of punishment? Please? *puppy dog eyes*.

Likes and stuff

My stories: Kristy's New School (completed), The Dungeon of Dark Desires (in progress)

By the way, did you know that you can now Ask Me (Almost) Anything?

Please read carefully before sending me a PM: I don't do pics or vids, I don't have kik, I am not looking for a Dom or sub, I don't want to play TorD and I don't wish to give you a punishment. If you ask any of these, I promise that I won't answer nicely.
shynessincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #63
jeff10145

Default yes

i believie you should yes because i dont want the story to go down because of it granted i really want to know card 2 but i can wait because u have had a tuff week. no one can blame you for tht

Dislikes: cum play, too much anal, toothpaste, corner time, writing line or essays

Limits: extreme pain, scat, family
too public (hidden is fine), Blood, Permanent Damage
Messy (some is okay)
jeff10145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
em52388

I can't say no to a writer looking to keep the quality up. You get your extension from me.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #65
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder80 View Post
Great story so far.

How about if you don't make the weekly post you will start a punishment thread (within your limits) :-)
The punishment thread MUST be updated 2 times pr day by you.
Since you had an "agreement" with garder80, I think that's who will allow the extension. However, I'm sure your "punishment" thread will need to be started!
Memories for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #66
shynessincarnate
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories for Life View Post
Since you had an "agreement" with garder80, I think that's who will allow the extension. However, I'm sure your "punishment" thread will need to be started!
Yes well, seeing as the posts affect all of my readers, I think everyone's opinion counts. Garder80 is welcome to voice his as well.

Likes and stuff

My stories: Kristy's New School (completed), The Dungeon of Dark Desires (in progress)

By the way, did you know that you can now Ask Me (Almost) Anything?

Please read carefully before sending me a PM: I don't do pics or vids, I don't have kik, I am not looking for a Dom or sub, I don't want to play TorD and I don't wish to give you a punishment. If you ask any of these, I promise that I won't answer nicely.
shynessincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #67
Ethan2cu
Distinguished Member

Send a message via AIM to Ethan2cu Send a message via MSN to Ethan2cu Send a message via Yahoo to Ethan2cu

I for one, would give you an extension. I'm a sucker for puppy dog eyes...
Ethan2cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #68
Hunterman36
Distinguished Member

I vote for an extension you've done a great job so far. And I can't argue with results.
Hunterman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #69
shadowofchaos
Distinguished Member

you get an extension from me but if you fail to meet your saturday deadlineyou must make a punishment thread and drop one of your limits for that thread
shadowofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #70
springer

Not sure whether you should be allowed an extension. Your readers are too nice. I look forward to your story and now have to wait longer
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #71
sm_limb
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I love your story. I cant wait for the rest. Do we get to know what the other choice was once she chooses the other?
I say u get till saturday but well i gues you should start a punishment thread. As i am a sucker for punishmentthreads as you know shy lol
Ps i choosse card #2
HTML Code:
https://dirtycode.io/E0FEH
sm_limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:15 AM   #72
em52388

A thought occurred to me this morning when I woke up. But before I share it with you know that this is not going to be a popular way of seeing the agreement between shynessincarnate and garder80. In fact unless you are a lawyer this may not even be considered a human way of seeing it. I'll explain that later.

Any way the agreement states that shynessincarnate must post to this thread once every 7 days or she must start a punishment thread. This includes posts that don't have more of the story. This means that she didn't have to ask for an extension as Saturday she posted the results of the votes. She could have posted the story update on Saturday and fulfilled her part of the bargain. This also means that she now has until next Wednesday to post again.

Now then to explain why this may not be considered a human way of seeing this bargain. I've been reading a series of novels called The Dresden Files. It's a detective series that includes the supernatural (ie the main character is a wizard and the culprit is usually rarely human. The way of seeing this bargain is how the fairies (who love making deals) would see this bargain.

I know what garder80 meant and don't need anyone telling me. This is an interesting way of seeing this that I thought I would share with all of you. So now I kindly ask that you not flood me with explanations of the spirit of the deal as I just showed you the letter of it.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #73
Desril

Quote:
Originally Posted by em52388 View Post
I've been reading a series of novels called The Dresden Files. It's a detective series that includes the supernatural (ie the main character is a wizard and the culprit is usually rarely human. The way of seeing this bargain is how the fairies (who love making deals) would see this bargain.
Second best book series ever. The third best, Codex Alera, is also written by Jim Butcher, you should check it out.
Desril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #74
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

@Desril & em52388: Did you get the chance to see the 12 episodes of "The Dresden Files" shown in Jan-Apr 2007? If you or anyone else is interested, they vids are on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/the-dresden-files

@em52388: There is no "spirit of the deal" or "letter of the law" in this agreement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder80
Great story so far.

How about if you don't make the weekly post you will start a punishment thread (within your limits) :-)
The punishment thread MUST be updated 2 times pr day by you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shynessincarnate
Thanks for the feedback.

Hum, that actually sounds like an interresting solution to my usual procrastination ways. Why not!
There is no wiggle room here. The agreement was an understanding between shynessincarnate and garder80 for "weekly story update posts" not for shynessincarnate's "comment" replies to posters in the thread!
Memories for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #75
hadesnyberg
Account Banned

Location: where you die i will be the last thing you see but until then i am in your worst nightmares

i agree with em52388 its a good idea
hey em52388 have you ever thought of becoming a lawyer
i can be contacted at [email protected] but pm me first if your going and wait for me to pm back to so i have a heads up i look forward to hearing from you
Hades DarkBlade
hadesnyberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
blackmail, humiliation, punishment, submission, tasks/dares