Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #46
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotBoyWonder View Post
How things have changed.
Has turned far more sexualised than originally. There was plenty of creative daring without need for it to be sexual.
There is alot less communication and getting to know each other.
The stories and dice dares used to be the main focus for a period.

Before person above - Remember when they started filling up the online section, we got annoyed and asking the admin make a forum just for the above section.
There dare and dice dare sections held most the generic dare responses.
Which got changed slightly and used for the online section format.
There was less AMA and Control me etc.
These have all developed over time and trended in and out of fashion.
There where less sub forums.

Leopard Would be the best person to ask he's seen it all
I'd have to echo all the above. The biggest change would have to be the age change. At one time it was 13 and above, and at some point that was changed to 18 and above. Which really wasn't a bad idea for legal reasons. At the time the majority of users seemed to be in the 16-20 age range. Now it's older.

Two mod names that stick out in my mind are Hampers and Marc. They were quite prolific posters way back when. Marc may still be around, but Hampers seems to be gone for ages.

I was wondering if the mods have the ability to list the top 10 or 20 posters for all time. I don't know if that's easy to find out or not. Since some people had multiple accounts (for instance Doctor) it may not be super accurate, but some old names may show up.

DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:26 AM   #47
perkygirlie
Prodigy

Send a message via ICQ to perkygirlie Send a message via AIM to perkygirlie Send a message via Yahoo to perkygirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVance View Post
I'd have to echo all the above. The biggest change would have to be the age change. At one time it was 13 and above, and at some point that was changed to 18 and above. Which really wasn't a bad idea for legal reasons. At the time the majority of users seemed to be in the 16-20 age range. Now it's older.

Two mod names that stick out in my mind are Hampers and Marc. They were quite prolific posters way back when. Marc may still be around, but Hampers seems to be gone for ages.

I was wondering if the mods have the ability to list the top 10 or 20 posters for all time. I don't know if that's easy to find out or not. Since some people had multiple accounts (for instance Doctor) it may not be super accurate, but some old names may show up.

Ah gD history. The switch from 13+ to 18+ happened in mid 2010, so theoretically all of the pre-switch users should be 18, now. I was one of the younger users at the time, and referred to the switch as "the great silencing" ... no more access to the adult sections, bo more posting certain kinds of dares ... I understand why, obviously - legal ramifications, and all. It oddly drove me to do a LOT more kink irl, since my desires lost an online outlet.
In terms of sorting gD users by posts -well, using the titles or checking individual members' stats can help with that a bit ... however it would be nice to have a way to simply list users by # of posts.

Spoiler:
If you're in a denial thread, add 3 days of denial. :sado:
This spoiler only counts once per thread per day.

perkygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #48
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

I miss me!

Not really... But on a serious note I'm feeling all nostalgic, I remember when the forum had a regular following of hardcore procrastinators playing little word games in the lounge and asking questions nobody had ever really wanted answer... As well as an unseemly large number of Doctor who fanatics...

I also remember when the stories were effectively the main reason for checking in, I was here when pams story had no sequels, left shortly after it became a trilogy and I could rattle off a dozen or so names that have fallen in and out of favour in the handful of months since I last graced these pages, but ultimately life goes on with our without them and the site evolves to suit the new clientèle.

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #49
archie21
getDare Succubus

I remember the switch but didn't realise how long ago it was.
I don't think 'person above' or AMA really came to the fore until after the switch. The site got far more sexually driven after that. If you wanted to set sexual dares before then, most of the contact was done through pm.

As for the original question of this thread who do you miss, I periodically go through my 'friends' list to see who has been around and the number gets ever smaller.

Those who were in the 13+ original site have either grown out of those kicks and moved on in their lives or like my own lady, no longer likes to play.
Then there are those who were already 18+ back then and probably now have families and other responsibilities, that get dare/kink is no longer a defining part of their day.
Or those that went to adult fet sites or similar and see this as a starter / introduction site and no longer want to be part of here.

If you don't put up a limits list, expect to be pushed on everything.
archie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #50
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

Sarge, you will always be remembered and loved!
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #51
perkygirlie
Prodigy

Send a message via ICQ to perkygirlie Send a message via AIM to perkygirlie Send a message via Yahoo to perkygirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawDog View Post
Imdeed. He hardly ever sends me cock pics any more.

Spoiler:
If you're in a denial thread, add 3 days of denial. :sado:
This spoiler only counts once per thread per day.

perkygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:43 AM   #52
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkygirlie View Post
That's slanderous, I have never sent you any since your return

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawDog View Post
I do feel a need to apologies for the rash of versus threads that popped up after my bet with dare... But I do feel that at least I've had an impact upon some fairly prominent members of this site and actually started a trend of my own, so I don't really feel too bad about it

And, of course, thank you Straw, your support and encouragement always cheer me up.

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:07 AM   #53
Siren
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkygirlie View Post
I'm surprised by that given how much he enjoys showing off, but there's one as his Skype picture if you miss them that much

As for members I miss... well, twotothetenth used to set up some great dares, as well as being fun to talk to, so if the gD genie's around, he knows what to do

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:05 AM   #54
NoMercy

Does this post still work, or I need to post a new one?
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk