Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #31
dragonator
getDare Devil

yea it was proven by observation when an earthquake split the habitat of a group of rabbits of the years one adapted to suit the enviroment it lived in which was changed by the earthquake and the other group which had a relatively unchanged habbitat stayed the same and when studying the two groups it is apparent that they are no longer the same breed because of natural selection (theyre still rabbits just different kinds of rabbits now)

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #32
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Interesting.

I am surprised that one of the group of rabbits didn't die first.

How can scientists know Natural Seletion was proven just by that one small incidident? I thought studies were more accurate over a much larger scale?

Last edited by lokelake; 07-17-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #33
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post
Religion (from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion)
1) a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs;
2) a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects;
3) the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices;
4) the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.
5) the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6) something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience.

Science is not religion in any sense of the definition. Science does not contain any mention of purpose or ritual, nor does it imply any moral code (which also sometimes presents a problem); it is not fundamental because it evolves according to the discoveries made, nor is it tied to a specific group based on belief or even ethics or conscience.

As for gays not being allowed to marry, what is mariage?
1) the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc;
2) the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock;
3) the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities;
4) a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction.
5) any close or intimate association or union
6) a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.

I will abide by the notion that traditionally, mariage has always been between a man and a woman. There is no arguing that point. But it is a 'social' institution, one that was created ages ago to facilitate procreation. Its history is shrouded in intrigue. It would be nice to understand, but we weren't there. And remember that traditional mariages were also alliances between families, and that love factored not into it much of the time. But then again, mariage has nothing to do with love.

Societies change, and values do the same. If they don't, you get institutions like the Catholic Church, who are still based on models as old as the Roman Empire. No wonder it remains inflexible. The people at the bottom always evolve faster than the people at the top. It's the sad truth of our world.

As I heard somewhere before: There is no better way to express my love for her than with a legally binding contract. That's love!
i didnt say science was i said atrheism was and yes it is check definition number 6 of religion

do atheists not beleive devotly that there is no afterlife? or that there is no intelligent design?

and check definition 3 it specifically mentions religious and i have seen definitions in which 3 is split into 2 differnt and religious and legal are seperated, like i said they can be together with a similiarly binding agreement BUT IT CANT BE CALLED MARRIAGE!

besides the fact that most of those definitions specifically say man and woman

I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
Interesting.

I am surprised that one of the group of rabbits didn't die first.

How can scientists know Natural Seletion was proven just by that one small incidident? I thought studies were more accurate over a much larger scale?
a study wasn't made but the results were observed thats why i said proven by observation

Old 07-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #35
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonator View Post
a study wasn't made but the results were observed thats why i said proven by observation
Those scientists must of have a load of patience, because I'm sure that just doesn't take overnight to complete.

Another explanation could be that, those rabbits already had the ability to survive in their enviornment, since the begninning.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #36
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Those scientists must of have a load of patience, because I'm sure that just doesn't take overnight to complete.

Another explanation could be that, those rabbits already had the ability to survive in their enviornment, since the begninning.
yes they obviously ha the ability to survive there or they wouldnt have lived long enough to be naturally selected

by when a scientist then compared the rabbit to the breed in which inhabbited the area they could no longer be considered the same breed

Old 07-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #37
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
yes they obviously ha the ability to survive there or they wouldnt have lived long enough to be naturally selected

by when a scientist then compared the rabbit to the breed in which inhabbited the area they could no longer be considered the same breed
I meant, no natural selection at all.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #38
dragonator
getDare Devil

o do u mean that the second breed of rabbits could have already been there and simply undiscovered?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #39
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
o do u mean that the second breed of rabbits could have already been there and simply undiscovered?
I just don't believe them, and I will tell you why:

First off, just by observing one thing, they know natural selection exists? Thats like me saying water is unhealthy for you, by just observing one little piece of water, like, stream water etc...

Scientists would have to either perform tests, or observe a lot more things.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #40
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
I just don't believe them, and I will tell you why:

First off, just by observing one thing, they know natural selection exists? Thats like me saying water is unhealthy for you, by just observing one little piece of water, like, stream water etc...

Scientists would have to either perform tests, or observe a lot more things.
i feel similiarly however to me its like saying a gunshot to the head is unhealthy because you saw someone die of it

Old 07-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #41
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I would have to look at that link to see if it is really ture. Because, it could just be one of those Presidents jokes by a citizen.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #42
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...
Talking

Quote:
and check definition 3 it specifically mentions religious and i have seen definitions in which 3 is split into 2 differnt and religious and legal are seperated, like i said they can be together with a similiarly binding agreement BUT IT CANT BE CALLED MARRIAGE!
A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.
- William Shakespeare

What's really in a name? From now on, I say mariage is a swear word. Let's instead call it man-woman-union. Or man-man-union. Or woman-woman union. Or donkey-carrot union.

Mariage! That's a great idea!

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories

Old 07-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #43
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Bomb

Precisely interesting, let us throw away the endless possibility of love and caring, and the constant changes that keep a relationship exciting for a legally-binding contract- the purest form of love!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #44
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
- William Shakespeare

What's really in a name? From now on, I say mariage is a swear word. Let's instead call it man-woman-union. Or man-man-union. Or woman-woman union. Or donkey-carrot union.

it might smell as sweet but there is power in a name, even more so here and now during the information age

Old 07-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #45
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
- William Shakespeare

To me, marriage is defined by, between a man and a woman.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk