Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 02-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #31
Zenitech

Default Version 7

It has been a long time since I posted the last version, and I'm happy to say I'm releasing a new one . You can download it here. Like the last time, uncompress the archive and open the file game.html in your navigator.

What's new ?
- Modified how percentage of chance to cum increase. Unlike before, it is now linear. So considering you'll need 1000 points to get a 100% chance to cum, you'll now need 500 points to get 50% (before it was something like 350 points).
- Added a way to modify settings in-game (the menu is at the bottom right of the screen). Along with the previous ones I added two new settings : the goal (amount of points needed to get a 100% chance to cum) and the orgasm cost (how much points you lose if you're denied from cumming).
- Added a way to randomize these settings.
- Added a documentation that explains how to parameter the settings, and how to add a new task (you can access it with a link at the bottom of the screen).
- Slightly modified how points and values are chosen for random tasks.
- Added new tasks.
Zenitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #32
revealingcyst

Send a message via AIM to revealingcyst

I'm liking the new version. Not sure what I think about the points being linear to % though. Will see once I play with it!

Feel free to PM/kik me

Likes: Bondage, costumes, dilemmas, mindgames, anal, pain, gags, humiliation, corner time, handwriting
Dislikes: Denial, typing lines, urine
Limits: scat, obvious public, sending IDable photos
Toys & Gear, Costumes, Underwear and PM dares
revealingcyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #33
djboycool

Could it be made to work multiplayer over the net (multiple slaves or with a mistress) and with a memory so points can (turn function on and off) be kept after page close?
Thanks

My Likes, Limits & Toys: HERE
My PM Dares: HERE

djboycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #34
sharknight

Cannot be done with HTML. Online interactivity will require PHP which needs a server. Memory also can't be done with HTML, I believe.

This program is quite good!
sharknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #35
Zenitech

I decided to make the % progress linearly considering that, since the difficulty of the tasks already become more and more difficult, it is not useful to make the value of the points decrease with it. Because it is basically what happened in the previous version : the percentage a point made you earn dropped as you performed tasks.

So of course, it will be more difficult to reach 50%, but if it is the main problem you only have to modify the goal setting.

As for a multiplayers version, I already stated that I did not want to implement such a thing as it will need much more development, and a server. (And yes it has to be done in PHP.)

And for the ability to save the game, it is possible in Javascript with either cookies or local storage I think. I'll try to add this possibility as soon as I will have read some tutorials about that.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #36
revealingcyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknight View Post
Cannot be done with HTML. Online interactivity will require PHP which needs a server. Memory also can't be done with HTML, I believe.
Couple of corrections the nerd in me has to say:
PHP is not the only server-side language! Dynamic websites can be made in literally any programming language. PHP is just very common, but people are moving away from it because frankly it's terrible. New modern web apps tend to be written in JavaScript, mostly using the node.js interpreter along with a web framework like express, Ruby using Rails or Sinatra, or Python (don't know which frameworks though)

PHP still has a lot of users though, primarily but not exclusively in the enterprise sphere, which it shares with ASP.NET.

Secondly, memory can too be done with local HTML files. Here's a (possibly not comprehensive) list of the ways, from most widely supported to least: Cookies, localStorage, IndexedDB, Web SQL.

localStorage is great for small stuff which is text-only, IndexedDB and Web SQL are much better when storing larger and more varied amounts of data.

Feel free to PM/kik me

Likes: Bondage, costumes, dilemmas, mindgames, anal, pain, gags, humiliation, corner time, handwriting
Old 02-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #37
Nicky Neko

Woah. Woah. I'm a few versions behind, just opened this one to check it out, looks amazing o . o
I'll do this tonight

Limits: Permanent, Illegal, Public.
'Dislikes': Piss drinking, Time wasting tasks, Denial, Pain.
Likes: Bondage, Pup Play, Humiliation, Degradation, Hypno, Feet, Age Play, Rules, Unfair stuff, Teasing.
Loves: Being controlled/Power exchange

Nicky Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #38
wedgiedarer

I really like the idea of this, but I think finding a way to add in punishments for accidentally cumming would be a great add-on. I'm not completely sure how you would add that in, but it could be an interesting addition. Just an idea. Thanks for this!

Likes: humiliation, bondage, masturbation, spanking, anal, CBT, edging, underwear control, cum control

Will Do: wedgies, messy, piss play, denial, pain, some semi-public, and I'm willing to try new things.

Limits: public, illegal, dangerous, other people, drinking piss, shit, extreme pain, extremely messy, and blackmail

Please do not message me asking for wedgie dares.
wedgiedarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #39
m.ercsi

There could be different difficulties which aren't linear but logarithmic or even chance = square root of points.

So for harder difficulties it would be practically impossible to have more than 30-40-50% chance of cumming, forcing the player to redo everything, maybe not even once

Off topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by revealingcyst View Post
Couple of corrections the nerd in me has to say
Omg, getdare seem to have some not only hot girls, but even nerdy ones! Do you know how sexy THAT is? A 21 years old girl knows IT better than me. And she is kinky. Whee... (and yes, the fact you are lesbian makes it even better, at least in fantasy)
m.ercsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #40
Zenitech

Default Version 8

There were a lot of bugs in last version, including one that broke the game completely, so here's a bugfix update that fixes pretty much everything : version 8.

List of changes :
- Fixed: "ask to cum" feature always allowed it
- Fixed: "Show points in %" not working in random tasks
- Fixed: modifying goal did not update chance to cum
- Fixed: it was impossible to modify gender in-game if it had been modified in the file
- Fixed: wrong amount of points was given when doing a task that had been done with the "random task" feature before
- Fixed: random task was never gender-specific if gender had been modified in-game
- Fixed: task "Don't stop stroking fox #s" not working
- Some fixes about how the random tasks are chosen
- Modified some timings for bondages (they became way too long)
- Modified the chance to get some tasks in random tasks (in last version I increased a bit too much the chance to get a wanking task)
- Some design changes
- New tasks

----
Answers to previous posts :
@wedgiedarer: Punishments are already on my todo-list. I even have an idea how to implement that.

@m.ercsi: The cubical root of the points squared (ie. points^(2/3)) was used before and had the behavior you expect. I changed it because I thought it was a bit stupid to raise the difficulty like this, since the difficulty already raise with the tasks becoming longer. I'll think to add the possibility to change formula in settings, maybe.

Last edited by Zenitech; 03-02-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 AM   #41
ChrissyDebra

this is really good. i have try this with the i cant come until reach 50000 point. i need about a week to finish goal

General
Extreme: Self-Bondage, Cross-Dress,
Like: Role Play, Pet Play
Dislike: diaper, anal,
Soft Limit: scat, Poo, Pee, Pain, photo/video send to anyone(without face)
Hard Limit: Public, photo/video send to anyone(with face), Family, Friend,

Student at the Academy of Crossdressing and Sissyhood
ChrissyDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #42
Zenitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyDebra View Post
this is really good. i have try this with the i cant come until reach 50000 point. i need about a week to finish goal
Maybe you would want to wait until I put a way to save the game before ? It would be likely in next version (I hope).
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #43
ChrissyDebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenitech View Post
Maybe you would want to wait until I put a way to save the game before ? It would be likely in next version (I hope).
that would be very good... know i don off my computer.... hope no black out... haha

General
Extreme: Self-Bondage, Cross-Dress,
Like: Role Play, Pet Play
Dislike: diaper, anal,
Soft Limit: scat, Poo, Pee, Pain, photo/video send to anyone(without face)
Hard Limit: Public, photo/video send to anyone(with face), Family, Friend,

Student at the Academy of Crossdressing and Sissyhood
ChrissyDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #44
heishere
getDare Sweetheart

Saved it. Playing now

Heish

Behold! He is here!

Writer, editor, photographer, and mild coffee addict
heishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #45
revealingcyst

Quote:
Again, I have to recommend localStorage! Here's a simple tutorial thing.

Quote:
@m.ercsi: The cubical root of the points squared (ie. points^(2/3)) was used before and had the behavior you expect. I changed it because I thought it was a bit stupid to raise the difficulty like this, since the difficulty already raise with the tasks becoming longer. I'll think to add the possibility to change formula in settings, maybe.
That makes a lot of sense, actually! Only one thing growing is a good way of doing things.
I personally wouldn't make the formula editable in settings; if someone really wants a different formula then it's not too hard to change it in the actual javascript.

Feel free to PM/kik me

Advertisements
Kink Talk