Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
Philosophical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Delight View Post
No more then a 20 to 30 yo
I disagree.

As a person goes through life they'll have experiences where people try to take advantage of them, to manipulate them. Be it at school, at work, or just in general day to day life. Obviously not all of these will be anywhere approaching slave abuse, but some of them could be, or could be worse. In many cases they may not even be malicious acts.

Having said that, these experiences help to build up a stronger defence against such things in future, you learn to see the signs, and begin to get a feeling in the pit of your stomach when something isn't right.

Younger people, especially those who were comparatively sheltered, typically have not built up this defence to such a strong level. They are far more susceptible to manipulation and abuse than someone who is 5, 10, 15 years or more older than them. They are more likely to have difficulty seeing the signs because they won't have had much by way of first hand experience with them before.

As I believe was mentioned somewhere, the closer you get to something the more difficult it can be to see the truth, and I've you've not got anything to compare it so that's even worse.

So I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Are older people immune? No, are they at an equal risk to younger people on average? Also no.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #17
Invisible
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to Invisible

Quote:
No more then a 20 to 30 yo
That's not correct, unlike a 20-30 year old, at 16 the human brain is still very much still developing (trust me as the parent of teenagers). So the risks to people - not just from addiction to s/m but also drugs and alcohol - are greater than for the fully developed brain.

Plus it is less likely that at 16 people will have a range of life experiences to give them the knowledge to make an informed choice about which avenue is best for them.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #18
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
I disagree.

As a person goes through life they'll have experiences where people try to take advantage of them, to manipulate them. Be it at school, at work, or just in general day to day life. Obviously not all of these will be anywhere approaching slave abuse, but some of them could be, or could be worse. In many cases they may not even be malicious acts.

Having said that, these experiences help to build up a stronger defence against such things in future, you learn to see the signs, and begin to get a feeling in the pit of your stomach when something isn't right.

Younger people, especially those who were comparatively sheltered, typically have not built up this defence to such a strong level. They are far more susceptible to manipulation and abuse than someone who is 5, 10, 15 years or more older than them. They are more likely to have difficulty seeing the signs because they won't have had much by way of first hand experience with them before.

As I believe was mentioned somewhere, the closer you get to something the more difficult it can be to see the truth, and I've you've not got anything to compare it so that's even worse.

So I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Are older people immune? No, are they at an equal risk to younger people on average? Also no.
Your argument falls apart in one spot. If the older person has no experience with bdsm they can't recognize any signs just like the 16 yo. Seems like you made the mistake you accused me of, since you're older and have experience in bdsm you assume all older people do.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #19
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
That's not correct, unlike a 20-30 year old, at 16 the human brain is still very much still developing (trust me as the parent of teenagers). So the risks to people - not just from addiction to s/m but also drugs and alcohol - are greater than for the fully developed brain.

Plus it is less likely that at 16 people will have a range of life experiences to give them the knowledge to make an informed choice about which avenue is best for them.
_this post is not very polite, and is lowering the level of a very useful thread. stop the bickering or all non useful comments are going to be deleted. Love mods.-

Last edited by Star Shadows; 09-13-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #20
Maggy

Quote:
Your argument falls apart in one spot. If the older person has no experience with bdsm they can't recognize any signs just like the 16 yo. Seems like you made the mistake you accused me of, since your older and have experience in bdsm you assume all older people do.
It's true, but in todays society you can't really grow up without hearing about fetishes of some form. These days they even go so far as to teach you what the word means in high school.

And those that wern't aruond when it became a big thing still understand (from the news and the like) what degredation and prostitution and human traffiking is. Masochism is usually discovered when one reads about it or hears about it... But Masochism, like all fetishes, was developed within the mind and one can tell when they're becoming reliant on it. An adult finds it much easier to push temptation aside. (That's why people who have smoked since they were kids find it harder to quit than when they started as an adult. I can tell you that one first hand.)
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #21
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
It's true, but in todays society you can't really grow up without hearing about fetishes of some form. These days they even go so far as to teach you what the word means in high school.

And those that wern't aruond when it became a big thing still understand (from the news and the like) what degredation and prostitution and human traffiking is. Masochism is usually discovered when one reads about it or hears about it... But Masochism, like all fetishes, was developed within the mind and one can tell when they're becoming reliant on it. An adult finds it much easier to push temptation aside. (That's why people who have smoked since they were kids find it harder to quit than when they started as an adult. I can tell you that one first hand.)
I think it's more older people are more closed minded then their more able to resist temptation. I mean so many older people cheat and have affairs and all that crap and pretend bdsm is a horrible thing. Personally I don't think a 21 yo is exposed to much more then a 16 yo unless the 16 yo parents are really bad and shelter them from living and even then if the 21 yo has the same kind of parents unless they break away they won't have much more exposure.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #22
Maggy

I didn't say they're more exposed, I'm saying that at an older age people have developed the will power that it takes to shun addictions. At 16 years old, what with peer pressure, puberty and the stress of school, it's always hard to give up such a strong dependancy regardless of what it is.

Sowisa~
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave
Thumbs down Are you encouraging underage S/M?

Quote:
I think it's more older people are more closed minded then their more able to resist temptation. I mean so many older people cheat and have affairs and all that crap and pretend bdsm is a horrible thing. Personally I don't think a 21 yo is exposed to much more then a 16 yo unless the 16 yo parents are really bad and shelter them from living and even then if the 21 yo has the same kind of parents unless they break away they won't have much more exposure.
I have been looking at your comments from a while. I have tons of things to tell you and tons of questions to ask. But before I proceed, please answer a one question.

Don't you see any thing wrong with involving a 15yo-17yo person in to S/M?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #24
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave
Thumbs up I completely agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post

Your children are lucky to have you. Please ignore the "bullshit" and do not ever stop protecting kids from lustful eyes.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #25
Maggy

I think the easiest way of putting it would be: Minors are no longer permitted here. Period. Regardless of arguments from all pedophiles, children and mindless trolls. Stay away kiddies, this playground's not for you.

Sowisa~
Old 09-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #26
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yours_slave View Post
I have been looking at your comments from a while. I have tons of things to tell you and tons of questions to ask. But before I proceed, please answer a one question.

Don't you see any thing wrong with involving a 15yo-17yo person in to S/M?
Hardcore S/M yes, babies first steps no. Why can't a 16 yo couple get a little kinky?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #27
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yours_slave View Post
Your children are lucky to have you. Please ignore the "bullshit" and do not ever stop protecting kids from lustful eyes.
It's bullshit uninformed encouragement of bad parenting that makes parents keep doing everything in their power to screw up their kids.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #28
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
I didn't say they're more exposed, I'm saying that at an older age people have developed the will power that it takes to shun addictions. At 16 years old, what with peer pressure, puberty and the stress of school, it's always hard to give up such a strong dependancy regardless of what it is.
Only they haven't see my point about affairs.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #29
Maggy

And kids don't? I watched Kirsten slap her boyfriend nice and hard in the face at the age of 15 because he trying to get off with our mate Stephanie. Kids have affairs too. Regardless, it's totally irrelevant to this topic. Just take your pedophilic opinion to a site where it's actually wanted. We're not allowing underage soliciting here on get dare. End of story.

Sowisa~
Old 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

Quote:
And kids don't? I watched Kirsten slap her boyfriend nice and hard in the face at the age of 15 because he trying to get off with our mate Stephanie. Kids have affairs too. Regardless, it's totally irrelevant to this topic. Just take your pedophilic opinion to a site where it's actually wanted. We're not allowing underage soliciting here on get dare. End of story.
My point was there's no difference so yeah... and how is two 16 yo's underage soliciting you are just a bitch who assumes I'm a pedophile because I don't share your incorrect opinion about teens being completely incapable of everything.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
sex laws, underage