Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 03-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #16
comicslave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to comicslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themasterman View Post
if your depressed you wont ever be happy but as you said you do get happy your not depressed

Thats not at all true... There are people that are way beyond depress and get happy at times which makes people think they are not depress, your statement is untrue.

It seems to me on the limited information I read, it has something to do with what was said, if that is the case it will go away over time, best thing to do is figure out why it makes you sad and try to fix it or just forget about it and be happy on your own.
comicslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:14 AM   #17
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

That's very not true.
Quoted for truth.

To the OP - hon, you've seemed to have figured out what made you sad. That's a good thing! If it keeps making you said, then I think maybe you should talk to the person that said it.

~Blondie

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:54 AM   #18
theone
getDare Succubus

What you describe seems to be what is generally called “reactive depression” the Americans call it “situational depression.” It would also seem that you are beginning to experience mild symptoms at the moment, sadness, melancholy negative thoughts, etc. It would be best for you to take some time to make a few life changes in regards to finding some time to relax, get involved in some distractions, eat healthy and make sure you get some daily exercise. Taking these steps now will most often prevent the need for a course of medication later. Antidepressant medication is not as bad as a lot of people think, usually involving something like serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Nevertheless they can have some side effects and from your profile you seem quite young yet. So first try basic lifestyle change and if no improvement occurs see your doctor who may be able to offer you some professional counselling service.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
Endu

Quote:
Originally Posted by slutpup View Post
Well, now that I think about it, yesterday one of my friends told me something that really got to me and that's when I really started to feel horrible and sad.
You are a doll. I hope my daughter turns out to be just like you.

Let me explain something, sweetheart.

I think you're a very sensitive, giving girl. And when you're sensitive like that, it's easy to get hurt by what people say. Getting mad just creates more problems, right? So what do you do when you feel you can't do anything with those feelings?

When someone hurts your feelings, or makes you angry, and you keep those feelings bottled up, sometimes it turns into sadness and you end up feeling bad about yourself.

So you can't keep those feelings bottled up.

You need to find someone you can talk to and vent those feelings to. Someone who understands.

When I was growing up, my mom used to tell me that I had a special light that I carried. Everyone else was drawn to that light, like a lighthouse guiding ships home. So when you're feeling bad about yourself, just keep in mind that you have something special others don't - your sensitivity is proof of that.
Endu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
Madelyne
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by themasterman View Post
if your depressed you wont ever be happy but as you said you do get happy your not depressed
Quite wrong. You can STILL be happy and be depressed. There are days when you might be depressed, and then there are other days where things might not look so bad and you can still laugh and smile. Depression isn't just a solid thing.
Madelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
slutpup
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to slutpup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but it's difficult without properly knowing you/your circumstances. Just try to focus on positives. If you have an iPod or something, make a new playlist of 'feel good' songs so when you're down/with other people, play that too and keep your chin up ^__^
What else do you want to know?

I need help figuring out my likes, dislikes and some limits! Dare me!

Likes: Mouth soaping, writing lines, spanking, anal, slight pain, certain public things
Dislikes: ???
Limits: Certain public things, permanent, major pain, any type of sex, family, friends

If you think I deserve a punishment for not updating my story, punish me.
slutpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
slutpup
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicslave View Post

Thats not at all true... There are people that are way beyond depress and get happy at times which makes people think they are not depress, your statement is untrue.

It seems to me on the limited information I read, it has something to do with what was said, if that is the case it will go away over time, best thing to do is figure out why it makes you sad and try to fix it or just forget about it and be happy on your own.

Okay. I know what makes me sad. But the person that said the thing in the first place talks about it every once in a while. At least twice a day.

Likes: Mouth soaping, writing lines, spanking, anal, slight pain, certain public things
Limits: Certain public things, permanent, major pain, any type of sex, family, friends

Last edited by slutpup; 03-31-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
slutpup
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
Quoted for truth.

To the OP - hon, you've seemed to have figured out what made you sad. That's a good thing! If it keeps making you said, then I think maybe you should talk to the person that said it.

~Blondie
I want to talk to her. I really do. But I wouldn't know how to tell her without hurting her. I almost lost a friend when I tried telling her something like this and I don't want that to happen again.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
slutpup
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endu View Post
You are a doll. I hope my daughter turns out to be just like you.

Let me explain something, sweetheart.

I think you're a very sensitive, giving girl. And when you're sensitive like that, it's easy to get hurt by what people say. Getting mad just creates more problems, right? So what do you do when you feel you can't do anything with those feelings?

When someone hurts your feelings, or makes you angry, and you keep those feelings bottled up, sometimes it turns into sadness and you end up feeling bad about yourself.

So you can't keep those feelings bottled up.

You need to find someone you can talk to and vent those feelings to. Someone who understands.

When I was growing up, my mom used to tell me that I had a special light that I carried. Everyone else was drawn to that light, like a lighthouse guiding ships home. So when you're feeling bad about yourself, just keep in mind that you have something special others don't - your sensitivity is proof of that.
Awwwwww! Thanks! That really lifted my spirits up! I talk to people but the problem is that the person I usually talk to is the one who said the thing in the first place.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #25
theone
getDare Succubus

With respect you are still dwelling on the problem too much and too much introspection is not good. All people really tend to do in such circumstances is to attract the council of other sympathetic people. We all need good and helpful advice but sometimes simple diversions are the answer. It clears the mind and brings the problem back into perspective, allowing you to deal and cope with the issues more effectively. Constant wallowing and overactive introspection over long periods will produce some stress that leads to mild depression. It’s just simple brain chemistry, and it’s how our brains work. Really, do something to relax for a day or too and you will be able to focus much better and use the advice you have been given by others in a more objective way.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
slutpup
Distinguished Member

Well guys, I've found out from a few people that I'm not depressed. I'm just sad a lot! Do you guys know anything I can do to stop being sad?

Advertisements
Kink Talk