Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #16
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

although there are som ways for us to tell it is not even close to 100%... but that is the same problem for every site
Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Calvy_hobs

tru but most sites with an element of adult nature have a 18+rule - this one allows kids to sign up and participate in dare discussions which more than often have sexual context. with the 18+ warning/limit, yes kids can sign up but they are breaking rules in getting this far. i liked the look of this site but have been scared off by the chance of entering into an IM discussion with a potential 13yr old.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvy_hobs View Post
tru but most sites with an element of adult nature have a 18+rule - this one allows kids to sign up and participate in dare discussions which more than often have sexual context. with the 18+ warning/limit, yes kids can sign up but they are breaking rules in getting this far. i liked the look of this site but have been scared off by the chance of entering into an IM discussion with a potential 13yr old.
Calvy... I understand your concern but what you need to understand is that getDare was originally made for teens. So to ban them from the site would be like telling an important portion of users who helped build this site "hey, we don't want you guys here anymore; come back in a few years". I have already replied in greater details in a similar threads a couple weeks ago about this here:

http://getdare.com/bbs/showpost.php?...05&postcount=8

And I'm afraid I'm gonna sound like a broken record but you do and SHOULD be careful about who you do contact anyway. The reason I'm repeating it is this: you did sent me a couple days ago a message giving me your contact infos and told me you have a cam without even knowing my age (or even if I'm interested at all...) Isn't it a bit ironic coming from someone who wants to question the age limitation of this site? That's exactly what I mean when I say users have their share of responsibility.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #19
Calvy_hobs

k, I'm gonna propose this one gets locked off here - could go on for ages. I understand points for and against - not sure where it stands legally if a minor contacts you first and tricks u into inappropiate discussions but this is way deeper than i expected to get with the first post. i was just a little surprised with replies on dares when kids were posting.

Chloe - wanna apply the padlock here? Cheers for the good discussions
Old 01-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #20
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvy_hobs View Post
Chloe - wanna apply the padlock here?
Certainly.

Locked.
Closed Thread