Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #166
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

I'd like to put your question back to you 'Do you think that Dominants and Submissives are separate subcultures, or part of the same subculture? If you think they are different...where do you include Switches?'

Very good question. For this, I'm using the wikipedia definition of culture.

In current usage, culture is that which distinguishes life in one group from life in another group, including language, beliefs, customs, institutions, and physical objects, among other qualities.

With this, I do believe that dominant and submissives, as well as switches, are all part of the same subculture. We all (those of us with BDSM interests on gD at least) use the same 'language' such as sub, Dom(me), Master/Mistress, slave. We have more than titles to go by that we use, we have "scenes" and different types of play such as teacher-student, parent-child, "ice play," "wax play," different types of worship, and so many others. We have punishments, funishments, tasks, and at least on this site, Dares. There are obviously an endless amount of examples, and there is no need to go on. We clearly have the same 'language.'

While each individual is different with their likes and dislikes, we all know of the common things people are into, and different people will have different toys accordingly. But it is still all part of the same culture. We all (the decent ones at least) believe in being safe, as well as needing mutual consent. I don't think there is a way to separate the categories of submissives and dominants into different subcultures. If anything, I would say BDSM players of getDare have our own subculture.

How has your first experience with speaking in third person been?

This girl honestly enjoyed it, Sir.

Seriously, it was fun. It made me feel more submissive than I have EVER felt. I played around with it. "This girl," was used with a happy and playful submissive connotation, as well in the beginning when I took on a dominant role. However, once I became unhappy or irritated with a sub, I switched to using "This woman." I am very glad for the experience.

How did your first spanking in an SM context differ from how you imagined it would be?

Honestly, I didn't have any preconceived notion of what it would be like. I just knew that I wanted to experience being spanked. As I know I've mentioned, my fiance and I started out as a completely vanilla couple, and except for bedroom matters, we still are. Neither of us knew what to expect when we first had a 'spanking session.' It didn't last long, as we were both testing our boundaries. He had never hurt me, and I had never been spanked (at least not since I was 3 or 4 years old). We just slowly went and built up from there. And honestly, we still don't do very much of it, even when we're together.

Have you ever sought to have any of your creative works published? Is it an idea you would entertain in future?

The only one I've ever really considered trying to get published is my play of the Evil Snow White. But, I decided against it. I don't intend on getting any of my work published in general. I suppose if some famous author or publisher came across my work and encouraged me, I would do so. But I really don't write much (outside of getDare).

Oh yea, I have some poems published with the help of poetry.com.... but honestly, I think that everyone who sends in a poem on there gets published in one of their huge books.

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-15-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Rose_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 AM   #167
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Have you ever been in a physical fight? If so, why? And do you think you could ever be in one again?

Time for you to rank your likes and dislikes as well, now. Go!

If you could only be a submissive OR domme, for the rest of your entire life, which would you choose and why?
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 AM   #168
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Have you ever been in a physical fight? If so, why? And do you think you could ever be in one again?

Others have physically fought me, but I have never fought back, though I most certainly defended myself. For instance, in junior high (I'm going to make up names of course), this girl Alex tried cutting my hair in choir class with scissors. I took hold of her hands and did not let her get anywhere near my hair. Another girl, Jessica, came over and tried to assist Alex by punching me continuously on the back. She really wasn't very strong, so I didn't bother doing anything with her. I was just focused on preventing Alex from cutting my hair.

I don't think I'll ever be in a physical fight myself, but as a teacher, I may have to step in to break up a fight between kids.

Time for you to rank your likes and dislikes as well, now. Go!

This girl’s likes (highest to lowest)

1. Nipple pain/(torture….maybe)
2. Spankings
3. Short-term rules/restrictions (bladder* &orgasm control, but seriously… tired of O control… haha)
4. Light bondage
5. Toothpaste
6. Well hidden public

* Regarding the bladder, I like it to be used during dares... As I've discovered in our competition, I do not like long term bladder control rules... at all. However... I still enjoy following them to be submissive...

This girl’s dislikes (most hated to least hated)

Not sure where to include clothes pegs…. Only time they’ve ever been used outside of this girl’s nipples were Dravot's cleaning punishment dare, and on her clit as a modification for something else I was instructed to do.

1. a. Kneeling
    b. Corner/time out

2. Exercise (This girl DOES love working out at gyms on treadmills/elliptical, etc., but HATES things like crunches, squats, etc. jumping jacks are not able to be done at home as room is squeaky. Only “push ups” this girl can do are wall push-ups. This girl CAN hold herself up in a push-up position for a bit, but cannot lower herself and then rise).
  3. Lines
  4. Wedgies

If you could only be a submissive OR domme, for the rest of your entire life, which would you choose and why?

Considering I ONLY take any type of dominant roles online, rather than real life, I would have to choose to be a submissive. I love giving over control to those I trust to do so, and it takes a very special person for me to trust. Clearly my fiance is one of those. On this site, there are only two people I've gone to for dares or punishments (Dravot and Gin as anyone can see from my blogs), because I saw their work previously, and was impressed.

Also, I don't need to be a Domme to give out dares or punishments to the random person... But, even if I couldn't, I would still choose to be submissive.

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-15-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #169
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Silly woman.

Wrong thread. Lmao
Get a rule from me here.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #170
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Haha, since I linked one of my posts here on accident instead of on the Sub Wars thread...
I deleted the post and moved it quickly, but Frosty caught it and posted on here... so I felt like I needed to explain.

It's a funny free bump... which, I am still open to answering truths! I miss it in fact.

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-20-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #171
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Bella View Post
Actually yes there is, But first Your Welcome (:

Rose:
What is the Riskiest Dare you have Ever done, and Did anyone ever catch you do a Dare if so what was there reaction and your reply to them??
All the dares I've done, except for the most recent one I've done have been posted in my blog.

The "riskiest" dare of getting caught was definitely my hidden public one, for my 200th edge dare. As for safety, I'd say the one I did yesterday for my 400th edge dare, which I'll hopefully have posted within the next week, but no promises. I'm still processing all my thoughts on it, as it is the first dare I've done that I am NOT happy to have accomplished. So until I figure everything out, that's all the details I am willing to share for now.

I've never been caught at doing a dare before, however, if my door didn't lock in my room, my parents would have walked in on me several times now... They've finally learned not to bother trying to open it, haha.

Edit: Actually, the one I did yesterday is also the riskiest one of getting caught... as there are... after effects that could be seen by my mother if I'm not careful enough

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-20-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #172
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

I know you said you buy to many yummy dinners, but I can't remember if you mentioned your favourite food, if not what is it?

If you could only eat ONE thing for the rest of your entire life, what would it be?

Chocolate or crisps?

What was the last thing that you ate?

What will be the next thing that you eat?

Can you tell I'm hungry?

If you had two hours left to live, how would you spend the time?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

When you know you shouldn't be doing something AND do it anyway, what's your reasoning for doing it?
Get a rule from me here.

Last edited by IceMaiden; 08-21-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #173
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

I know you said you buy to many yummy dinners, but I can't remember if you mentioned your favourite food, if not what is it?

I did mention it, I believe it's the first post on page two of the thread. But, to say it again, spicy hot macaroni & cheese. My recipe can be found on that page mentioned.

If you could only eat ONE thing for the rest of your entire life, what would it be?

Because of all the varieties there are... I'm just going to go under the blanket term of pizza.

Chocolate or crisps?

Crisps!!! I'm really not a huge chocolate fan, unless you pair it with peanut butter. But chips/crisps, mmmm!!

What was the last thing that you ate?

cottage cheese

What will be the next thing that you eat?

I don't plan my meals ahead of time.

Can you tell I'm hungry?

I can tell you were when you posted this.

If you had two hours left to live, how would you spend the time?

Loving the hell out of my fiance, married or not!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

I'm considering Canada... not too far from home, better teacher pensions, better health care than I currently have... but not sure in the grand scheme of things.

When you know you shouldn't be doing something AND do it anyway, what's your reasoning for doing it?

Clearly because I want to
Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #174
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Do you have any nervous habits? (For example when someone I don't know well starts asking me personal questions, I tend to mess with my ring and take it on and off.)

Who are you closer to, your mum or dad and why?

What's the worst lie you ever told? Did you get caught?
Get a rule from me here.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #175
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Do you have any nervous habits? (For example when someone I don't know well starts asking me personal questions, I tend to mess with my ring and take it on and off.)

Not that I'm aware of. My main "bad habits," are out of boredom, like picking my lips.

Who are you closer to, your mum or dad and why?

I'm not sure I can pick.

I've always been open with my mom. Honestly, even though I haven't ever told her about my BDSM interests, I honestly think she wouldn't care, as long as I was being safe. I often go lay with her and our dog on the bed and just talk. We don't have anything picked out to talk about, but we talk about anything and everything. We watch TV together, and love on our dog. She's my 'mommy.' And I do still call her that.

My dad, while he often annoys the crap out of me... is a really amazing man. He is the one that I've always hung out with. I played countless hours of ping pong and basketball as a kid. He always went walking with me, and tried teaching me tennis. I went with him to church, to my grandma's house to sing hymnals and play pinochle. He took me to all my play rehearsals, and watched every choir concert I had. Anything I did, he was a huge part of, and he still goes biking with me around the neighborhood.

I have a completely different type of relationship with each of my parents, and both are nearly perfect. I refuse to say who I'm closer to, because I don't think it's possible to determine that.

What's the worst lie you ever told? Did you get caught?

I can't think of any 'bad' lies I've told. I know I've lied to myself before and made myself believe some things, but I honestly don't remember what they were.

Don't get me wrong. I KNOW I've lied to others in the past, but that was so long ago, I don't have a clue. I've always been a very honest person. I generally used honesty as a way to manipulate my way out of trouble. haha. When I did something 'bad' and confessed to it so quickly instead of lying, I saw that teachers were way more lenient and forgiving. So... yea. Not exactly what honesty is supposed to be used for, but for me, it certainly was always the best policy.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #176
owneed

Default questions

1-there is a perfect rich guy...the most handsome, loving, considerate, passionate,and caring guy in the world...you would live a life you'll never dream of with him, and he is crazy for you....would you leave your fiance for him??
2-would you like to live a real life slave??
3-chose only one

a family "a husband that you love and two beautiful kids"
a successful career

3-there is a fire...you can only save one life from the following.
  • your best friend who saved your life before.
  • the love of your life that you have been with him for 20 years.
  • an 18 months crying baby who have just lost her Mommy in the fire.

be only one of the following
  • pop star that has everybody would die for you but you have a very small amount of money that barely keeps your life going.
  • a business girl that has the money and every body around you act like they love you and and want to be friends with you but actually they only love your money.
  • a descent person only two friends that actually love you, not enough money, and when you die the history wont remember you a and only two pairs of eyes would burst in tear for you.
owneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #177
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owneed View Post
1-there is a perfect rich guy...the most handsome, loving, considerate, passionate,and caring guy in the world...you would live a life you'll never dream of with him, and he is crazy for you....would you leave your fiance for him??
2-would you like to live a real life slave??
3-chose only one

a family "a husband that you love and two beautiful kids"
a successful career

4-there is a fire...you can only save one life from the following.
  • your best friend who saved your life before.
  • the love of your life that you have been with him for 20 years.
  • an 18 months crying baby who have just lost her Mommy in the fire.

5-be only one of the following
  • pop star that has everybody would die for you but you have a very small amount of money that barely keeps your life going.
  • a business girl that has the money and every body around you act like they love you and and want to be friends with you but actually they only love your money.
  • a descent person only two friends that actually love you, not enough money, and when you die the history wont remember you a and only two pairs of eyes would burst in tear for you.
1. No. I would not leave my fiance for a rich guy, just so that I could be taken care of.

2. I would NOT like to live like a "real slave." I am a human and I have rights, and anything I do is consensual, with the real life partner that I love!

3. Well, I do NOT want kids... if my husband had a successful career, I would still choose this option. However, if my husband didn't have a successful career, and I couldn't either... well, I'm going to have to go with being single with a successful career =/

4. I don't think I would know until the time came. I know my best friend would be angry if I chose her over a baby. As for the love of my life... I'm not sure if I'd do the noble thing and save the baby. I hope to goodness I'm never in such a situation of course, but I'm thinking I'd probably go for the love of my life.

But this also depends on how old we are. If we were older and it was about that "time" for us anyway, I'm sure I'd go for the baby. But again, this is just something not possible to answer unless you actually find yourself in such a situation.

5. I'd rather have to good friends and barely survive, than not have any friends at all. And I don't care if the world remembers me... really, I don't. In my real life, I'd say I only have 4 real friends now as it is. This is not including any friends from the internet.

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-25-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #178
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?

How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?

Is there anything that you’ve never told me but want to tell me now?

Do you believe in love at first sight?

What lessons have you learned from your relationship?

and I wasn't sure if this should go here or the other thread but seeing as I'm here already:

Are you glad we did the sub wars? Has it brought us closer in your opinion?
Get a rule from me here.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #179
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?

Honesty is the best policy. There is no need to regret anything. You have to learn to laugh at yourself for your mistakes, otherwise life will be miserable.

How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?

I never intended on being in any type of relationship. I wanted to be the crazy old cat lady, with no kids. I *knew* I was going to be a singer from an early age until my sophomore year of high school. Never until my sophomore year did I think I would ever work with kids. I wanted to be a school counselor initially, and then elementary school teacher. I HATED maths... I was always good at it, but I hated it until I became a math tutor.

Is there anything that you’ve never told me but want to tell me now?

If there was something I've never told YOU and wanted to, it would most likely be done in a private message setting.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

No. Like at first sight sure... but not love. Unless of course it's a nice animal of some sort.

What lessons have you learned from your relationship?

I feel like I should be able to answer this easier, but very little comes to mind...

hmm. I've learned how to listen better. I've learned a little more about balancing giving and taking.

and I wasn't sure if this should go here or the other thread but seeing as I'm here already:

Are you glad we did the sub wars? Has it brought us closer in your opinion?

I almost feel silly answering this here, as we've both said in our final thoughts that we have definitely become closer. But yes, I am very glad we did the sub wars together, and also very glad it is over! And we have become extremely close because of it.

Thank you to everyone who has followed through with this thread. I feel like I've gotten some amazing questions. Anyone who reads this is welcome to bring it back at any time... but for now, I'm really not in the right mindset to answer more questions. When I first started the thread, I had a lot more time to consider my answers and write on them. I feel I don't have that time now, so my answers seem less interesting, at least to me.

So, Frosty, thank you for helping to keep my thread bumped... but feel free to let it die. Maybe when I have more time, I'll bring it back myself, but not for now.

Advertisements
Kink Talk