Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

Default When do kids start dating.

So... When exactly to kids start dating today? I don't believe that human endorphins become noticeable until one reach around the age of 15 or so, usually during the time of mid puberty. That being said, what kind of affection are much younger peers trying to obtain through dating? Is it a trend to gain acceptance? or is it due to the lack of a parental foundation of physical contact?

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Yesterday I saw my friend's sister's status on Facebook: "Great when you find out your boyfriend is shagging someone else!"

They're 13.

Just mental.

I dunno if 'dating' is really a thing in the UK. People 'go out' but they don't specifically do 'dates' as such. They just go wherever, chill out, have the odd meal, watch films, it's not as organised as a 'date' would be. (Or is that just my take on it?)
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
J.M.N
Getdare's Head Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
I dunno if 'dating' is really a thing in the UK. People 'go out' but they don't specifically do 'dates' as such. They just go wherever, chill out, have the odd meal, watch films, it's not as organised as a 'date' would be. (Or is that just my take on it?)
Well i know people don't really go up to a person and say "You want to go out for a date?" (obviously with my style than what i just put ), i spent about an hour with my friend trying to work out if someone had just asked her out for a date or just a meet up !

I had friends going out with people when they were about 11 but i don't think it's really the same thing until you get older !

[20:16:43] Jameser: ‹@J.M.N› don't worry you're definitely one of the lads here

[22:05:21] 1Pupil: Best moderator of getDare to me

One day when the light is glowing
I’ll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

"Bdsm. That's were u get spanked!"

I love weiners and nuts.

"JMN is the one that most the tweenagers want to see in a kilt"
J.M.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
daremaster 1
getDare God

I'm not sure what the average age is but most people I know was around 12 or 13. It wasn't like mager dating but yo could say it was still dating.
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
Kitten
The One & Only

I was 15 when I went on my first date.
I think 15-16 would be a good age?

But I do think kids these days start "relationships" way too early.
I almost said dating, but they don't even do that. They just randomly screw around.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

I had my first "boyfriend" when I was in 7th grade.. but we only really held hands, and kissed a couple of times, so I wouldn't count that. I was about 12. I didn't get into a "serious" relationship until I was like 16, and that lasted almost 3 years.
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Viking_Guy
getDare Sweetheart

I really don't know... 18 I guess? I haven't been dating anyone myself, and I'm 22.
Viking_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
misssexy2295
Account Banned

most kids i know are 9 or 10

91%of girls would be dead if the Justin Bieber decided breathing wasn't cool. Put this on your profile if you are part of the 9% who would be cracking up

i am a bi 19 year old female
misssexy2295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
daremaster 1
getDare God

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssexy2295 View Post
Wow.

But my cusin is only 8 and has a boyfriend she says is so "Hot"
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
321tt
Distinguished Member

My aunt once told me that she went to cinema hand-in-hand with her schoolmate in the 1st grade, so being 6 or 7 years old. It was a free movie projection, so everybody went there, but he simply came to her and told her "Can I invite you for the movie?" So I think that they even don't know exactly what they are doing, but sometimes this happens.

On the other hand, the tru interest in dating and loving (in the sexual way) starts when the puberty fades out, so it's like 14 for girls and 15 for boys. Before that time, it is more common that boy and girls seperate and it is more common that boys want to imtimate with boys and girls with girls.
Limits: Public (reveal of identity), Too painful, Family/friends, Anything messy, Illegal, Dangereous
Blog: my little encounters diary
321tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssexy2295 View Post
When I was 9 or 10 I was crying about not having a Cabbage Patch Kids doll for Xmas; not about breaking up with a "boyfriend"

Aww kids ...
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
GoogleMaster
Distinguished Member

I had a 'girlfriend" in 7th grade. We kissed sometimes and held hands. Her big sister taught us how to properly hold hands so that people would know we were dating. It was a big deal.

By the time I was 15 or 16 I had had a couple of those types of girlfriends. Maybe I would ask her to dance at the highschool dance, and the next day we'd hang out at lunch. If things went well we'd spend most of our lunches together (in a group) sitting close and maybe have my arm around her. If things were going well maybe I would go to her house and we'd make out.

Eventually those make outs led to a little boob touching, topless kissing and eventually some oral sex. A lot of fun, but not (in retrospect anyways) a serious emotional relationship. It was a good way to find out what I liked and more importantly, didn't like about the people I was dating. This knowledge, as well as some skills (how to spend time with a girlfriend, make her feel special, and -sadly, but importantly- learn how to break up with, and be dumped by, a girl) were very important in these informative years.

By the time I was graduating I had a real girlfriend who I really cared about. She went to a different school and we'd spend as much time after class and on the weekends as we could. I'd pick her up and take her to her dance class, and she would come watch my basketball games. We hung out a lot, we had dinner at each other's house and our friends all knew and loved the fact that we were 'dating'.

Later still, if I found myself single I might actually ask a girl on a date. Often, this 'seeing each other' period was not exclusive. I would go on a date one night, maybe another date another day. Eventually however, it became clear that we were 'dating' and after a proper conversation we would be exclusive. I could say at that point in my life I was properly dating.
GoogleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I had a husband when I was 9, we got married in the playground and he gave me a haribo ring. It was beautiful.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Sally123

Heart

Quote:
I had a husband when I was 9, we got married in the playground and he gave me a haribo ring. It was beautiful.
My friends little brother got married when he was in kindergarten. :P

I don't know if there should be a set age for dating. When I was in 5th grade, it was the annual time everyone got a boyfriend. It wasn't that serious though, mostly we just held hands. Some of my friends kissed their bf 's. But it wasn't like.. making out.
Maybe 15'ish and older would be a good age

Love from Sally XxxoxooO

Member of "exclusive jokes that only Sally and Sashy understand" club.

22:58:14] Dracnoff [»] Sally123: Be more like Robbo77 and never give up!

[00:31:31] Satoshi: ‹@Sally123› I love the way you type :kissing:

Last edited by Sally123; 03-25-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Sally123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
spacegal24
getDare Sweetheart

I actually didn't get my first boyfriend until my Senior year of high school! We did stay together for a while. Apparently, people are starting to date at younger and younger ages! My younger brother, who's 16, has already had about 8 girlfriends! His first was when he was about 10, I believe. Kids these days.
spacegal24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk