Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #76
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsatkins View Post
I don't think it's 'more than likely' they'll kill her. Capital punishment is used very sparingly (that is, the actual execution is used very sparingly, thanks to multiple right to appeals and the work of both professionals and non-professionals alike).

Texas is the state that has carried out the most executions since the 70s, and I think they've only executed something like 40 or so people.
You might actually be surpirsed at how, not so sparingly, Texas uses the death penalty. They've probably had 40 executions since mid 2009 and 470 since 1976.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/numb...nd-region-1976

Its kind of an interesting site and there's more details on each state here: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state_by_state

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #77
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
You might actually be surpirsed at how, not so sparingly, Texas uses the death penalty. They've probably had 40 executions since mid 2009 and 470 since 1976.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/numb...nd-region-1976

Its kind of an interesting site and there's more details on each state here: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/state_by_state

Yeah, I figured my state would have the most. They're not terribly uncommon, so we kinda stopped worrying about it.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #78
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtslave4u2 View Post
yeah, all she wanted to do was party party party. what puts it all over the top is she got a tattoo that says "Bella Vitta" meaning "Beautiful Life" after Caylee went missing (died).
Another typical robot who doesn't have an open mind. You hear some bit of misinformation and you take that as a fact. Casey Anthony wasn't out "partying" every night. She was invited by a close friend to an evening with other close friends as an effort to bring some normality back into her shattered life. That little bit of "truth" was twisted into "she's out partying while her daughter is missing?!?!" Are all mothers and fathers guilty of child abuse if you leave their children alone while they have a quiet night out alone? If she wanted to "intentionally" kill the child, why did she wait so long? She could have easily gotten an abortion and solved her "problem" real quick!

BTW: She had the tattoo well before Caylee was born. That little bit of clarification is left out of the comments by the "kill her now" crowd!
Memories for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #79
Bigbear
Account Banned

Verdict at 2:15pm eastern time
Bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #80
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

The verdict is supposed to be read off at 2:15 p.m. ET so like five minutes.

Edit:
lol and thats what I get for typing too slow xD

I'm watching fox news so I'll put it here as soon as I can.

There was a nelly,

Last edited by nellybell; 07-05-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #81
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

1st degree murder, not guilty.
agravated child abuse, not guilty.
agavated mansluter, not guilty.
Providing false information to a law officer, guilty.

There was a nelly,

Last edited by nellybell; 07-05-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #82
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtslave4u2 View Post
...he sentenced a guy to jail for 6 days plus $400+court fees during this trial for giving the prosecuter the finger! he tore the guy a part and made him say where he worked,how much he makes and how much he has in his bank account live on national television!
Really?? I don't seem to remember any of that happening in any of the film coverage I've watched! That's because the contempt charge was issued after court was recessed. (When the court is in recess, courtroom cameras are aimed at the eagle finial on the American flagpole in the courtroom)

Matthew Bartlett, the restaurant server who flipped the bird at a prosecutor in the Casey Anthony trial while court was in session, will appeal his contempt-of-court order by Judge Belvin Perry.

However, the judge denied a motion by Bartlett's attorney on Friday that would have allowed 28-year-old Orlando man to be bailed out of jail.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton was on the receiving end of Bartlett's single-finger salute on Thursday. A local television station notified the court, and Bartlett was called before Perry after court recessed.

Bartlett apologized and Perry found him in contempt of court. His middle finger landed Bartlett in the Orange County Jail on a six-day sentence, facing a $400 fine and $223 in court costs.

An attorney for Bartlett, who works as a server at the TGI Friday's restaurant near the Mall at Millennia, filed a notice of appeal and a motion to stay his sentence on Friday, records show.

Bartlett's attorney argued a stay was necessary due to the short length of the sentence. Without it, the motion states, it's likely Bartlett will have done his time before his appeal is heard.

The motion was quickly dismissed by Perry. Bartlett remained in jail Friday evening, where he'll likely spend his birthday. Bartlett was born on the Fourth of July.

Several signs are posted outside of the 23rd floor courtroom warning spectators that hand signals are prohibited. Deputies also warn spectators prior to the start of court each morning and afternoon.

Bartlett, 28, offered no explanation on Thursday, calling his actions "stupid." Perry scolded Bartlett, and said that his middle finger could have jeopardized the entire case, as the jury was present.

Records show Thursday was not Bartlett's first visit to the Orange County Jail. The native Texan was booked just more than a year earlier, records show, on a domestic violence charge.

That arrest stemmed from an incident at the home where Bartlett lives with his parents, an arrest report states, on June 22, 2010. Deputies were called to the Ridgeway Drive home about 3:30 p.m.

An arrest report states that Bartlett and his girlfriend had gotten into a violent argument with other family members. It was not clear in Sheriff's Office documents what led to the fight.

Reports state that Bartlett locked himself in a room at the home, shouted profanity laced threats and later attacked his father when the elder Bartlett broke through the door.

Bartlett and his girlfriend were arrested in the incident. Online court records show he was not prosecuted, and the case has been closed. The circumstances were not clear.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #83
Bigbear
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
1st degree murder, not guilty.
agravated child abuse, not guilty.
agaivated mansluter, not guilty.
Providing false info to officer, guilty.
Providing false info (another count), guilty.
Above again, guilty.
Above again, guilty.
NOT GUILTY as I said all along except for providing false information to a LEO
Bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #84
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Sooooooo what actually happened to the child then?

There was a nelly,
Old 07-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #85
Master92

I have a feeling it was the meter guy.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #86
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

It's going to be impossible to convict anyone else now. Anyone the police point the finger at will contend that the prosecution is trying to "save" face by trying to convict with sloppy evidence!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #87
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master92 View Post
I have a feeling it was the meter guy.
If the meter guy got any monetary payout, he needs to have that forfeited now. He is guilty of lying to the police but he has gotten away with it!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #88
Memories for Life
getDare Devil

If you have nothing to hide, why would you refuse to take a lie detector test to ensure you had nothing to do with the death of Caylee Anthony?

Celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla says the FBI and law enforcement offered the Anthony family an opportunity to take lie detector tests, but they declined.

The bounty hunter and his associates provided Casey Anthony's $500,000 bond after she was initially arrested.

Padilla spoke to FOX 35 Friday morning and says he was present when the family was offered the chance to take a lie detector test.

“We were, myself and my associates were sitting in the RV and Lee basically said that the individuals at the home were law enforcement and FBI and that they had offered to – well, they asked them if they would take lie detector tests,” Padilla said.

Padilla said Lee Anthony, Casey's brother, and his parents, Cindy and George, agreed to take the tests. Lee left the RV shortly after and went back inside the home. He came back a while later and told Padilla that the family was no longer willing to take the tests.

“We thought well here’s an opportunity for you and your mom and dad to kinda clear yourselves,” Padilla said.

Padilla says to his knowledge, the Anthony family has not taken a lie detector test to this day.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #89
slave1987
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to slave1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories for Life View Post
If you have nothing to hide, why would you refuse to take a lie detector test to ensure you had nothing to do with the death of Caylee Anthony?[/I]
Two reasons immediately spring to mind, either the risk of a false positive or the hope that the police doing a thorough investigation would clear them anyway.
slave1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #90
Voiceless_Frame

Well Not Guilty on all counts except for providing false evidence. I think that this was a good call, the prosecution had nothing but circumstantial evidence.
Voiceless_Frame is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk