Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 12-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
MissStephanie

Default Reading Profiles

I'm gonna rant here for a second. Why don't people bother to look at other users' profiles before contacting them? Reading my profile would answer 90% of the questions people PM me.

Also, boys, before you private message girls in chat, read their profiles, and if the profile tells you all the answers to a/s/l, then don't ask. In fact, don't ask a/s/l regardless. Try to start a real conversation instead.
MissStephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

To answer your question: I think one of the reason why so many don’t check other members’ profiles is that a large number of them are incomplete. And also, some members just have this annoying habit of Pming just about every females that appear online regardless… (ex.: “Hey, wats ur msn”, etc.)

One good way to reduce the amount of unwanted PMs is to use the "Invisible Mode" in the "Edit Options". It’s not 100% jerk-proof but it is quite efficient. Interestingly, I made this little test myself a couple of weeks ago. Usually, while appearing as “invisible” I receive an average of 1-2 shitty PMs per week. I did appear visible for a week just to count how many crappy messages I’d get… The results: an average of 2-3 per day!

I must point out though that most of those unworthy PMs don’t come from regular members. Most of the regulars & serious ones here have very good Pming manners…

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 12-02-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typos
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave

I never get spam pms- then again im not a girl and thats normally who there aimed at.
Collared_Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
lucky
Account Banned

@Chloe: Invisible status here is absolutely useless, ignored by anyone, usually pm users are newbies who doesn't know what an online status is (I also discovered it kind of recently, its not a common thing noticeable on all forums). Or did you mean messengers? (there I'm always invisible, I like talking to less or equal 1 people at once).

@MissStephanie I noticed publishing in a sm area that people don't even read the thread they are posting into, too much expectations to wait them read the profile. I tried once and specified girls and switch if I remember: all noob boys pm-ed me, only one "had read a bit" and asked "I can dress like a girl for you". I didn't keep the messages neither reported anyone. I kind of loose the topic sometimes too but I have an excuse: once a week when tired from work I'm drunk for a good sleep.

@david Yes, mostly girls are targeted with pms, I rarely get one pm here and usually I get them related to specific topics I'm interested in.

I am currently blackmailed and I am not sure about my limits...
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk