Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 01-25-2015, 04:56 AM   #1
M.G
getDare Sweetheart

Question Safeword.

These sets of questions are mainly for submissives, however, dominants are welcome to leave their inputs as well.

Safeword;
A word or phrase that is used during 'play time' - it is to let the dominant know that the submissive is seriously in trouble or would like to halt their 'play time' and is to let the dominant know that they are not pushing the submissive into doing anything s/he does not want to do.

Why is it needed?
Because sometimes pleading and begging by the sub is part of the fun and "no" doesn't mean "no".

So my questions:
--
1. Did/do you have a Safeword?
If your answer is no please move onto question 9.

2. Why did/do you have a Safeword?

3. Do you still use the Safeword?
If your answer is yes please move onto question 8.

4. Why did you stop using it?

5. How long did you have the Safeword for?

6. Have you re-implemented the Safeword?
If your answer is no the questionnaire ends here.

7. Why did you re-implement the Safeword?
If you answered this question, please move onto question 10.

8. Why do you still use it?
If you answered this question, please move onto question 10.

9. Why didn't/don't you use a Safeword?
If you answered this question, the questionnaire ends here.

10. Do you plan on discarding the Safeword?
If your answer is yes, please move onto question 12.

11. Why don't you want to discard the Safeword?

12. Why do you want to discard the Safeword?

13. When do you want to discard the Safeword?

(Almost certain this questionnaire works - forgive me if it doesn't)

HELLO, I'M M.G
I HOPE YOU HAVE AN EXTREMELY KINKY DAY.

- A DOM TRYING TO FIND HIMSELF -

- B H-
- AMA -
- TUMBLR -

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
M.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

"Safeword;
A word or phrase that is used during 'play time' - it is to let the dominant know that the submissive is seriously in trouble or would like to halt their 'play time' and is to let the dominant know that they are not pushing the submissive into doing anything s/he does not want to do."

Don't 100% agree with the "and is to let the Dominant know that they are not pushing he submissive into doing anything s/he does not want to do" with that bit has the Dominant by rights should know what the boundaries/limits the submissive has and should know in himself wether he's going to push them or force the submissive into a situation he knows she won't like (it is actually part of many BDSM relationships to grow )

A safe words purpose is to let the Dominant know this "something is wrong , I need to stop" and the scene must come to an end straight away. It's not a "i don't think I can take this " that you say out loud to let your Dominant know.

In my D/s relationship we use 2 safe words "Sparrow " meaning 'I need a break /I'm struggling" and "cinnamon" basically means STOP NOW , the reason to why we use both is because we do alot Sadism and Masocasim in depth so it's kind of vital to let him know if he's about to kill me or not haha.

I've never used either of the safe words before, one time while receiving a harsh canning I almost used the safeword, because of the connection I have with Sir He knew that I was starting to struggle a little and adapted the situation .
I don't think we will ever disgaurd our words, because like I said it's vital we have something.

( hope you don't mind me answering your questionnaire like this ):-)

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
MrCharcol
Distinguished Member

I think Shibari has hit the nail on the head Safe words are there to stop play immediately. It means something is wrong and the D/s spell is broken and the Dominant should stop immediately and release the submissive and check that they are ok.

You can use an intermediary word to freeze the scene and allow things to be assessed by both parties.

Good communication and knowledge of what the submissive likes can elivate the need to use a safe work but not the need to have one.

Emily giving me her submission was the best gift I have ever received, and subbing to her was fun, but now she knows her place.

I want to thank my beautiful and devoted muse for her friendship , her erotic mind and for being my Danger Twin

Read her amazing story: My Stupid Boyfriend http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=139366
MrCharcol is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk