Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 07-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

Heart What is love

What does 'Love' Mean to you, What would be your definition of Love?

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Sorry, I had to.

Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
Ransom6626

This is a very very good question. Like all good questions, it has no real answer, merely many sides and flavors.

For me, the question of love derives first from friendship.

Friendship for me has two forms: friendships of utility (lowercase 'f' friendship) and Friendships of virtue (Capital 'F' Friendship)

friendship of utility is a union of two people based upon the desire to fulfill a need. You 'utilize' each other to fulfill said needs, be they companionship, sex, money, ect. Once the object of desire for either or both party is realized, the foundation of the bond is broken and the union dissolves. Most erotic relationships, or relationships built on erotic pretenses, fall into this category. It is worth noting that this is NOT an inherently 'bad' or 'wrong' form of union, so long as both parties are aware of the nature and quality of said union. Often there are regarded as acquaintances or allies.

Friendship of virtue is marked mainly by a quality of selflessness. The parties are focused on building up the other, making the other more virtuous or perfect. There is a sense of happiness found in the others presence, but such happiness is not fundamentally the intent of the union. Most telling of such unions is a sensation of contentment in the others presence. The ability to be happy simply being with the other, even if that is just lounging around in the same room.

For me, Love composes of the following life-stages:

1) Hot Love. Lust. Most if not all Love begins with physical attraction. By no means does it end here, but nevertheless it has it's origins deep in our primal genetic heritage. It may be considered the greatest sign of humanities power that we can transform the physical urges into something greater.

2) Mitten Love. Transition phase. Up until now the relationship was mostly friendship, based on erotic utility. However as the two get to know each other, the possibility for friendships evolving into Friendships emerges.

If neither party seeks Friendship, the relationship will simply end, often genially.

If both parties obtain Friendship, than they may achieve Elder Love.

However, 90% of relationships that reach Mitten Love and fail are those in which a Friendship is achieved, however only one member of the party obtains Elder Love. This is also where most violent break ups take place.

3) Both parties obtain Elder Love. This is best described (and get's it's name from) the love exhibited by elderly couples. It becomes refined, mistaken often as muted. The contentment exhibited in Friendship becomes refined and intensified. Fancy words and actions become embodied in such simple actions as making toast or pouring tea.

It is a relationship based on Friendship, with erotic passion often oscillation over time.

This is kind of an over-simplification but I'm lazy and that is the gist of it.

Creator of intricate scenarios designed to illicit ecstasy. (i.e dare giver / dom)

Specialties: Denial, Forced Orgasm, Frustration, Hidden Public, Bladder Control, Multiple Orgasm Torture, Anal Play, Self-Bondage, and Long Term Scenarios

Intrigued by: Witty Banter, Strong Demure, Insightful Diction, and Open Minds

Disclaimer: Any acts undertaken as a result of my comments are assumed to be taken under the individuals discretion.

Last edited by Ransom6626; 07-10-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Ransom6626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
DoingMyBest
getDare Sweetheart

For me? A single word: unattainable.

It's not something I shall ever experience. I have mistaken it. But that was basic appreciation. It is something I shall only ever know from poetry and prose and second-hand accounts.

PM Dares

Male/UK/Straight generally submissive

Trying to rediscover my likes/dislikes and so on
Dislikes: Pain, messy
Limits: Family, blatant public, scat, damage/permanent damage, showing my face/pics, urethral play, ass to mouth, SPH, puke

My Old Sex Map

My New Sex Map

Battlestrip W/L: 4/6
DoingMyBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
madl

Love is an action, a choice. Love is not passive. It is not something you seek to get from someone else - it is something you give.

Proud owner of Ari

Last edited by madl; 07-10-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added a sentence
madl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
tordlover

Love is your highest high and your lowest low. The more in love you are the more that pain can be dealt or had. At times it's a b*tch. But, I'd rather live with it than without it.
tordlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
AngelsFall

You know the feeling in your chest and you call it love. When you take longer to think what you are going to say or type to someone. When you smile while talking or writing to them. Its in every note and syllable of communication with them.

That is love to me.

"My one and only Foxy rose in all ways"

Ask me anything-

Sexmap: http://www.humansexmap.com/showmap.p...0a5e6.52365001
AngelsFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
Kokanee89

Default What is LOVE?

Love is a true commitment of your feelings for people. Loving someone is wanting to do something for them even if they never asked. Being there for them during great times and when they are really needing help. I know this might not be the best answer but it is like what a slave should always be doing for his/hers Mistress/Master. We do it because we want to, and we want to show our love towards that person. It can go the same way for the Mistress/Master as well they ask/tell us out of love.

Limits: Public, Friends, Family, Poop,
Kokanee89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

Baby, don't hurt me....
...Don't hurt me....
....no more

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #10
inflamio
getDare Sweetheart

Love is one of the most fundamental feelings. It's pure and good and yet so much hurt can come from it. Love is personal to each individual making it impossible to describe for anyone else but me.

For me love starts as butterflies in your stomach, fear to talk to the person, then as you get to know them, it becomes the joy from just spending time with each other and then in my experience, love sadly leads to anger as the relationship falls apart

Likes: Crossdressing, humiliation, public, spankings, light anal
Dislikes: friends, pictures
Limits: Family, severe pain, poo and piss

I lost to Nicole.
inflamio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
inflamio
getDare Sweetheart

On a less serious note...

Shrek is love, I say. Shrek is life

Likes: Crossdressing, humiliation, public, spankings, light anal
Dislikes: friends, pictures