Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
jaxman

Send a message via Yahoo to jaxman
Default Subspace

I haven't seen this discussed here. Maybe because it's less common with online relationships, but I've experienced it in both reall life and online (only recently in online play).

While participating in intense play a sub can reach a state of mind called subspace. Sort of of a mental seperation from themselves as a way of dealing with the intensity of the experience. Depending on the level of intensity a sub can become incoherent and removed. At this point a sub may feel little or no pain - this can be dangerous if the Dom doesn't realize that the sub is in a such a state. Since in subspace the sub is very open and may feel that they can take anything and that no request is beyond their limits.

i'm interested to hear if anyone else has had this experience in online play or in real life. i came accross this information in an effort to reconcile some recent experiences i've had where i went past what i would have considered hard limits. i think i now have a better understanding of what the purpose of limits are and why it may not be a good idea to push them during play unless the Dom really knows what they're doing.

mike
jaxman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk