Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
ussmwm

Default New Horizons

So...I'm gonna try writing a story. I know...there's a shocker for ya. Anyway, Hope you guys enjoy it. I'd appreciate constructive criticism, as well as positive feedback.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

I don’t know what’s worse: feeling alone, or feeling as if there is nothing you can do to change it. Such was my life. I woke up every morning at the same time. I prepared for school the same way, and I wanted it that way. Routine seemed to be the only thing holding my life together.

You see…there’s a few things you need to know about me. First of all...I’m Hunter: the fourteen year-old teen castaway. I’m 5’4”, 125 lbs, and I’m a loner. Some call me the blonde emo…others simply know me as the short, sad kid. Maybe they are right, but they weren’t always. There was a time when I was the most energetic kid around. I had friends, I went to parties, and I simply had fun; then my mother died.

I was ten years old at the time. I never forgot the look on my father’s face when he came into my bedroom. It was simultaneously the shortest and the longest conversation I’d ever had. Time simply froze, and I swear we were sitting in silence for days. My relatives and friends were very comforting. I can’t tell you how many times I heard” “I’m sorry about your loss.” I suppose I shouldn’t be critical about it. After all, they were just trying to help.

Regardless, my life was never the same, and neither was my father’s. We talked, ate dinner together, asked about each other’s day, but after it was all said and done, there was nothing more than empty words. We just couldn’t find the will to be happy.

Life slowly returned to normal…mostly. I went to school, did my homework, and crushed on girls as any teenage boy would, but people noticed I had lost most of my cheerful attitude. That’s where my story picks up. My story is about how one girl saw me, and saved me.

“Spanish…I hate Spanish!” Hunter heard Jason yell, prior to the loud slam of a locker door. He turned towards his frustrated friend, rubbing his ears in discomfort. Jason noticed Hunter’s distress. “Oh, sorry buddy; I forgot about your hearing.”

Hunter shrugged, returning his hands to his pockets. “It’s fine. No harm done.” They both walked on, continuing towards there next class. “Still having trouble with the tenses, I’m gathering?”

“Yea…” Jason replied resentfully. “It just doesn’t make sense to me. Theirs all these different ways of saying a verb even in the present tense, then you have to learn what it supposed to be for the past, and the future...I don’t even get why we have to learn another language anyway. I’m not going to Spain.”

“Maybe they just want you to be more educated, in case you need it someday,” Hunter offered. Though he never admitted it to Jason, Hunter enjoyed Spanish class. He learned a lot from it, and since he wanted to travel across the world one day, knowing Spanish seemed logical. Of course, Hunter also knew Spanish class was his only class with—

“Kaylee…ten o’clock,” Jason quickly stated, jabbing Hunter in the side with his elbow. As he rubbed his know bruised side, Hunter looked towards the direction Jason had indicated. Sure enough, Kaylee Evans was there, talking to Stacy Wilson. Jason looked towards Hunter, noticing Hunter’s fixated glance. Jason put on a huge grin. “I’ll distract Stacy, if you wanna make your move.”

“What…? No…I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Hunter quickly replied, looking away.

Jason snorted. “You are probably the worst liar I’ve ever known.” Jason tilted his head, as another though formed in his mind. “Scratch that…second worst; no one can beat Jeremy Scott.”

Hunter smirked, as he understood what Jason meant completely. “Let’s just get to class, okay?”

Jason shrugged. “Alright; your loss.” Jason looked towards Stacy, and nodded his head up in the typical “sup” fashion. Stacy giggled, as Hunter snuck a look back. As he did, he locked eyes with Kaylee for a brief second. Before he looked away, he noticed a smile form. Already, his day was alittle brighter.
ussmwm is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to ussmwm for this post:
Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Saphir
getDare Sweetheart

Hey,
Sounds interesting, keep it up :P
It'd be nice to read some more chapters of this story
Saphir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
ussmwm

Thanks I've got plenty more in the making.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Part Two

While Hunter liked Spanish, he hated Gym. It was practically the bane of his existence. Hunter was the scrawny, blonde kid, and all the jocks loved to remind him of that. Just like countless of other teens, changing in the locker room was humiliating to him all by itself. Additionally, Hunter was always a private kid, so exposing himself was not at the top of his fun-things-to-do list. Then the jocks stepped in.

Jack, the worst of them all, favored torturing Hunter the most. Fortunately, Jack missed school often. It didn’t surprise Hunter in the slightest. Jack was just the type to play hooky whenever he felt like it. He hoped that today was one of those days.

Hunter quickly made his way to the usual spot: corner of the locker room, as hidden as possible. He noted that most of the guys were distracted with their own conversations, and were oblivious to his presence. Hunter quickly stripped away his shirt and pants, and pulled out his gym clothes as an unfortunately familiar voice spoke up. “Ah, I see you’re making progress on
those muscles, H.”

Hunter’s eyes closed, as he froze, praying he had just imagined the voice. His prayer was quickly proven to be in vain. Jack stepped towards the corner, and grabbed onto Hunter’s forearm. “At this rate, you might hit half my weight by the time your fifty.” There was a round of laughs, as Jack’s buddies quickly joined the show.

Hunter yanked his arm away from Jack. “Leave me alone.” He attempted to continue dressing. Jack, on the other hand, had other plans. He picked Hunter up with, and carried him into the group of jocks. Despite Hunter’s best efforts, he couldn’t break free of Jack’s hold.

“Squirmy one…aren’t you, H,” Jack noted, with a devilish grin on his face. Hunter never knew why Jack called him “H”. Apparently, it was popular in his circle of friends to call people by the first letter of their name. Whatever the reason, Hunter currently didn’t care. He just wanted to get dressed, and get out. Jack, however, seemed intent on prolonging the torture.

“Jack, please let me go,” Hunter asked. He hoped someone would come to his defense, but no one did. Hunter simply continued to squirm in vain.

Jack grabbed Hunter’s stomach, and tisked. “Still got your .6 pack, I see. Too bad…thought you might be turning into a man by now.” Jack’s expression changed, becoming more malevolent, making Hunter very nervous. “Say…maybe we should see how much of a man you really are.”

Jack reached towards Hunter’s plaid boxers, preparing to expose Hunter to the entire locker room. Hunter put all his energy into breaking free. For a moment, he started to break Jack’s hold, but only a moment. Jack quickly reaffirmed his hold, and continued. By this point, Hunter was pleading for Jack to stop. Unfortunately, his pleas only fed Jack’s desire to bully Hunter further.

“Let…him…go!” boomed a voice from behind the crowd. Everyone turned towards the scene of an enraged figure standing in the doorway. Jack, still holding onto Hunter firmly, narrowed his eyes. “James…piss off.”

James remained firm, arms crossed, and eyes glaring. His will was resolved. Peering out from behind him was his little brother: Jason. Jack knew James was the “good Samaritan” type, and he also knew that James was a well built athlete. He knew how to fight, and would do so without hesitation.

The rest of the men watched the silent war wage between the two, waiting until someone finally made a move. It was safe to say that the tension in the room could be cut with a butter knife. Fortunately, Jack knew that he couldn’t safely take on James, and the rest of his crew were cowards when it came to someone their own size. He threw Hunter to the ground, keeping his eyes fixated on James.

“There kid…go cry to your boyfriend.” Jack grabbed his stuff, and rudely brushed past James, who continued to glare at the remainder of the group. None of them dared to challenge him. Instead, they broke up, and continued
to prep for gym class.

James walked over to Hunter, and helped him up. “You ok, bud?”
Hunter pulled himself from James grip. “I’m fine. Just…leave me alone.” James sighed. He understood Hunter’s anger. Being through what he had been through and then going through all this must have been infuriating. He simply turned, and continued on, leaving Hunter to deal with his anger. Jason, however, didn’t give up.

“Hunter…” He started, picking up Hunter’s shirt. “He was just trying to help. He did stop Jack from—“

“I know, Jason!” Hunter yelled, ripping the shirt from Jason’s hands. “But now Jack will have a reason to be even more vicious. I can take care of myself.”

Jason glared at Hunter. He didn’t appreciate Hunter’s anger in light of recent events. “Certainly didn’t appear as though you did, but fine…I’m leaving.” He started to storm out, but turned back quickly to make one last comment. “You’re welcome.” Hunter stopped, and looked towards Jason as his best friend quickly left. His glance became downcast, as guilt began to emerge.

Hunter just shook it off. He'd apologize to Jason later. Right now...he just had to get out of there Hunter finished dressing, and quickly left. However, he did not go anywhere near the gym. Instead, he got as far away as possible.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
daremaster 1
getDare God

I will keep reading to see how it turns out, good job by the way.
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
ussmwm

Thanks. I know it's kinda slow. I'm still introducing the story. It'll heat up soon.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Part 3
Jennifer Scott, school nurse, sat at her desk filling out the paperwork for yet another flu epidemic spreading around the school. “I wanted to work with kids,” she said to herself. “I wanted to be a healer of the youth. I didn’t want to fill out so much damned paperwork.”

Jennifer let her head fall into her hands, as her eyes were starting to hurt from the constant staring. She needed a break. On cue, the door to her officer creaked open, revealing a very familiar face. With a smile, Jennifer stood up, and welcomed her guest. “Good morning, Hunter.”

Hunter put on a small smile, as he stood in the doorframe. “Hi, Nurse Scott; would you mind if I rested for a bit .I’m not feeling too well.”

Jennifer chuckled. “You’re a tad late today, aren’t you? Gym class started ten minutes ago.” Hunter glanced downwards in shame. Jennifer shrugged. “Come on in, and take a seat. I could use a break.”

Hunter looked back up, this time with gratitude in his eyes. He laid his backpack next to a nearby chair, and plopped down into it. Jennifer leaned against the exam bed. “I take you attempted to brave the locker room today?” Hunter nodded. “I also take it that it went badly.”

Hunter nodded once more. “Very badly. I’m never going again.”

Jennifer sighed at this remark. “Don’t say things like that, Hunter. You need to keep trying. You’ll find your niche.” Hunter’s expressions told her that he did not agree. “Jack was there today, wasn’t he?” Though Hunter didn’t officially confirm the statement, his eyes did the talking for him. Jennifer groaned. “I swear that kid needs a good smack upside the head.”

Hunter smiled, as Jennifer’s support always improved his spirit. Noticing Hunter’s change in mood, Jennifer leaned down beside him. “Hunter, you can’t keep coming here. You need to face him. If you don’t, you’ll always be running. That’s no life; trust me. You should be out there spending time with your friends, chasing after girls, and having the time of your life. You don’t want to get as old as I am, and have so many regrets weighing you down.”

Jennifer stopped to take in Hunter’s reaction to her words. He genuinely seemed to understand her advice. He stood up, and gave Jennifer a hug. She just smiled, and returned the hug. She wanted to let him have the affection he desperately needed. After a long moment, she released, and looked down towards him. “Now…you can stay in here until your next class, but no more. Hear me…it’s time you started living again.”

Hunter nodded, and sat back into his seat. Jennifer sat back into her chair, and prepared herself for another round of paperwork. She looked at Hunter, remembering one last thing. “But, Hunter…no drugs…okay?” Hunter simply smiled, agreeing to her terms.

They both sat in silence for the next few minutes. However, that silence was suddenly broken when the door creaked upon once more. Hunter saw Stacy peering in from the other side. Jennifer looked up, and put on a warm smile. “Stacy, come on in. Anything I can do for you?”

Stacy noticed Hunter sitting in the chair, and expressed a sense of discomfort. She obviously didn’t want Hunter to hear. Still, she attempted to express her…problem. “I’m getting some bad cramps…if you know what I mean?” Jennifer nodded in understanding. Hunter, however, sat confused. By the looks on their faces, there was obviously something more than just cramps. He ignored it, placing it into the “girls are weird” category.

“Hang tight, I’ll get something for you,” Jennifer replied, standing from her chair. “Hunter, you can keep her company until I get back.” She gave Hunter a wink, before heading out.

Stacy stood for a minute unsure of what to say. She and Hunter had known each other for quite awhile. When his mom died, Stacy became one of the friends to drop out of his life. She didn’t take it personally, but she missed her friend.

“So…Hunter,” She started, trying to break the ice. “How have you been?”
Hunter shrugged. “Okay…I guess. How about you?”

“Pretty good,” she replied with a smile. Both of them felt the awkwardness, and neither was entirely sure why it even existed. Finally, Stacy decided to stop beating around the bush. “Why are we doing this, Hunter? We aren’t strangers. We used to hang out all the time.”

Hunter nodded. “I know…those were good times.”

Stacy thought for a minute before making the offer she wanted to make. She had no idea whether it was a good idea or not, but her gut was telling her to do it. “Well…Why don’t we revive some of those good times? My parents are going out of town in a couple of days, and I’m having a little get together. Would you like to come?”

Honestly, Hunter was really tempted by the offer, but his fears were too vivid, and he couldn’t find the strength to say yes. “I don’t know…maybe.”

Before Stacy could reply, Jennifer returned with a few supplies in her hands.
“There you go, Stacy, that ought to do it.”

Stacy smiled. “Thanks, Mrs. Scott; I REALLY needed it.”

“Anytime,” she replied giving Stacy a pat on the shoulder.

Stacy leaned over to Hunter before leaving. “Just think about it, and let me know ASAP. Okay?” Hunter simply nodded, as he watched her leave. He glanced towards Jennifer who was sporting a huge smile. Hunter simply went back to his homework.

Last edited by ussmwm; 06-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
daremaster 1
getDare God

Well, looking forward to more! Can't wait!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
ussmwm

Part 4
Hunter sat on his bed, contemplating whether or not he should accept Stacy’s offer. On one hand, he would be opening himself to the world again. Hunter just didn’t know whether or not he was ready to do that. He had once given his energy into life, taking everything he could get. He spent so much living the life, and in return, life had seen fit to snatch away his mother. How could he put himself back into the place where the worst tragedy of his life occurred?

On the other hand, Jennifer’s words still echoed in his head. He didn’t want to grow old, look back, and see nothing bad empty days. He didn’t want to spend the rest of his life locked up in his home. Hunter wanted to live again, but he needed help. He wondered if Jason would be there. He’d be able to help Hunter out.

On cue, Hunter’s phone buzzed. He looked at it, as the symbol of an envelope appeared. Hunter opened up the message.

Jason: Hey i heard u and stacy talked. U coming to the party

Hunter sighed. Didn't surprise him that Stacy would tell Jason about their conversation. Though they never confirmed it, many believed the two were dating. Hunter sat back against his backrest and began to type up a response.

Hunter: Yeah, she did...I haven't decided yet.

Hunter didn't have to wait long. The phone quickly buzzed, showing off Jason's texting prowess.

Jason: Bro u totally should. Ill b there, and ull have a blast. Trust me

Hunter: I have alot of homework I need to do. Maybe next time.

Jason: BS! U r scared to come and we both know it. Do this for me?

Hunter sat with his phone in his hands for a few moments. Jason was right, and he knew it. Hunter was leaning towards going, if only for Jason. In the absence of a response, however, Jason took the initiative to add a new bit of information.

Jason: Ok...I wanted this to b a surprise but u r leaving me with no choice. Kaylee is going to b there too

Hunter suddenly sat up at this news. What was once leaning was now dead set; Hunter was going to a party.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Hunter knocked on Stacy's door. A strange nervousness surrounded him. Was it nervousness...or excitement? Hunter wasn't sure which. In the most eerie fashion, the door creaked open. Hunter slow walked in, curious as to the random ominous behavior. To his surprise, no one was there. The door had seemingly opened on it's on.

"Hello?" Hunter called out, wondering what the hell was going on. Stacy's living room was not well lit. There was a dim light on the back wall, and the street light shone in through the window. At this point, Hunter was really starting to get nervous... truly nervous.

"Stacy? Jason? Anybody?!?" Hunter exclaimed...yet no one replied. Finally, Hunter noticed a figure walk out of the shadows. As he looked more closely, he finally discovered who she was.

"Kaylee...?" What confused Hunter more than her strange behavior was her attire: Kaylee was dressed in lingerie. She also had a big smile on her face. As confused as Hunter was, he couldn't help but admit that the sight was extremely appealing. The only thing covering her well maintained body was a thin-lacy material over her breasts, and a matching thong.

Hunter's eyes were not the only part of his body that seemed to be enjoying the sight in front of him. A bulge appeared in his shorts. Hunter quickly moved his hand in attempt to cover it up. Kaylee giggled, as she looked from Hunter’s eyes to his shorts. Hunter blushed in response.

"Don't worry, Hunter...I'll take care of you," Kaylee replied, her voice both soothing and innocent. Before he could react Kaylee quickly approached Hunter, getting nose to nose with him. He took a step back as instinct directed. However, his fight quickly faded as Kaylee approached once, closing the space between them. Their lips locked into an explosion of passion and wonder, as Hunter's world began to melt around him. His hands wrapped around her, and began to explore.

By this point, Hunter's bulge began to make itself evident, as Hunter felt a craving grow. He wanted more. He needed more, and his body was screaming at him to get it. Kaylee separated again, and looked down, and back towards him. Apparently, she knew exactly what Hunter was feeling.

She leaned towards his ear, and began to whisper. "Close your eyes." Hunter didn't need to be told twice. He quickly shut out the world, and waited for whatever pleasures were in store for him. He felt his waist band stretch, as his heart began to pump faster and harder.

Then it happened. The feeling of flesh open his most intimate flesh emerged and Hunter leaned his head back. It was a feeling unlike any other he had experienced. The hand slowly wrapped around his shaft, and began to explore his penis. Hunter's breath became harder and harder as each moment passed. He didn't know how long this would last, or how far it would go, but he didn't care. He just wanted it.

It was then that another whisper came. "Now...open them." Hunter, with a huge smile on his face, opened his eyes, locking his gaze with Kaylee's. After the moment passed, he noticed something odd: both her arms were wrapped around his neck, and a hand was still wrapped around his penis. In all the pleasure, he had failed to realize that. It was then the question hit him. Who was pleasuring him?

Hunter followed the arm all the way to its source, and locked eyes with a pair of bright blue eyes, Jason's eyes.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Hunter gasped, as he quickly sat up in his bed. His body was extremely hot, and covered with sweat. As he attempted to bring his heavy breathing under control, Hunter attempted to take in the dream. Why was he dreaming of Jason in such an...intimate way.

What was worse was that his body betrayed his thoughts. Hunter looked in his shorts, and saw his dick pointing straight at him at full mast. He let go of his waistband, and fell back onto the bed. The image of those bright blue eyes seared into his memory. He couldn't stop thinking about it.

Finally, he gave up, and realized there was only one way he was getting back to sleep. Hunter threw his covers off him, and walked to the bathroom. He lowered his pants, shut the door with his foot, as he released his rock-hard dick from its captivity.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
daremaster 1
getDare God

Can't wait for more! Loving it!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Saphir
getDare Sweetheart

looking forward to reading more
Very nice so far!
Saphir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
kmacroxs
Distinguished Member

This is awesome. I love how it relates to real life. i kinda know how this feels.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/6/65/20110215162706%21638Cobalion.png

Justin Bieber sucks (not what I really wanted to say).

Spoiler:

Justin Bieber's voice -> my ears get raped

Spoiler:

me: "make it stop, make it stop, please make it stop"
kmacroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
ussmwm

Sweet! Thanks for the comments. I'll try to get another update in today.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
captainsatkins

Smile

This is excellent, one of the best stories I've seen in my many months lurking this site.

One thing I've yet to see (and this is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE plus imo) is the stereotypical random bursting into tears. That... doesn't happen in real life (at least, never to me or anyone I know). Two thousand thumbs up just for that.

I am also liking the characters very much (Hunter reminds me a little of me /selfcentred)
captainsatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
ussmwm

Thank you all! Makes me very happy to hear that. I'll do my best to keep it up.

I'm sorry my update took so long. Ever had one of those moments when you wrote a great piece of work, and JUST as you finish, it's all erased. POOF! Just gone...

Yeah...so after that I was really too pissed to write. However, I'm good now. . Here's the next part. Enjoy!
__________________________________________________ _______________
Part 5

Bologna sandwich, Hi-C, and chocolate pudding: the glories of school lunch. Hunter had gotten the chance to get very familiar with this particular diet after his mother died. What was once gourmet cooking had quickly reduced to Hungry Man, frozen pizza, and Wendy’s. It was an unfortunate development, but an evitable one as well.

As Hunter unwrapped the poorly cut sandwich from its bag, he pondered recent events. He had informed Stacy that he would be attending. She was interestingly thrilled. All that was left was to wait. Fortunately, waiting was something Hunter knew well.

In the days leading up to the “party”, as he had come to know it, Hunter had been plagued with the memory of the dream. What did it mean? Was it mere imagery…or was there something in the back of his mind that was starting to dig its way to the surface? Hunter couldn’t figure out which. Worse yet, he couldn't decide which he wanted to be true.

Either way, he had adopted the tactic of avoidance. Hunter hadn’t spoken more than five words to Jason since that night. Every time he tried, it immediately got awkward. He felt bad. Jason hadn’t even done anything, and he probably felt like Hunter didn’t want anything to do with him. Truth was…Hunter was more afraid of what he might want to do with him.

He just shook his head, attempting to shake off the thought. He’d worry about it later. Now was Bologna time. He opened his mouth to take a big bite. Unfortunately, a familiar, but unexpected, voice emerged. “Hunter!”

He froze with the sandwich part way in his mouth. Hunter’s eyes widened as he realized that his Bologna time was about to get very awkward. A pat on the shoulder brought Hunter back to reality, finally reminding him to bring the sandwich away from his mouth.

Jason pulled out a neighboring chair, and flipped it around, sitting backwards. He crossed his arms on the backrest, looked at Hunter intently, and smiled. “Big night tonight.”

Hunter quickly put on the most sincere smile he could muster. He failed miserably. “Yea…I remember.”

“Are you excited?” Jason asked, as grabbed the other half of Hunter’s sandwich. He brought it up to eye level, seemingly exploring an unknown life form.

Hunter quickly grabbed the sandwich out of his friend’s hands. “Yea…I think so.”

Jason’s eyes narrowed. “What do you mean: ‘I think so’” He remained still, starring straight into his friends eyes. Hunter felt like he was being probed for any hint of deception.

In a true and genuine spirit, Hunter replied with a simple: “Yes.”
Jason, satisfied that the answer was sincere, smiled even bigger. “Good; you had me worried for a second.”

Hunter shrugged. “I’m just nervous.” It was true. He was nervous. He just didn't want to explain why.

Jason put his arm around his best friend. “Well…don’t be. You’ll have a blast. Besides…” Jason paused, pulling Hunter into a side hug. “I’ll be there to back you up.”

Hunter’s smile had become obviously fake. This closeness was doing wonders for his awkwardness. “Yea…I know…”

Jason noticed the emerging uncomfortable atmosphere, and released Hunter. “Just do me a favor.” Hunter looked back to Jason, curious as to the nature of this “favor.” Jason’s face became uncharacteristically serious. “Keep an open mind. Tonight’s going to be a night of new adventures for you. Remember that book we read last year in English class?”

Hunter chuckled. “You mean that you half-read? Yes.”
Jason‘s expression became slightly shamed. “That was actually a lie…I did read it all. I just said I didn’t to save face.”

Hunter’s expression was that of surprise. He never expected that from Jason. He was too much of a class clown, and goof-off. Maybe that’s why he lied. He liked that reputation. However, it was irrelevant at the moment. “It was called New Horizons, wasn’t it? Story of a boy who enters travels to new worlds with brand new horizons; adventure, discovery, and romance.”

Jason nodded, and smirked. “That story is about to be yours.” He patted Hunter’s head one last time, before he quickly went off to do…something. Hunter didn’t pay much attention. He turned back to his lunch. Suddenly, Bologna time seemed quite insignificant.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #14
captainsatkins

excellent installment.

liking the character building
captainsatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #15
ussmwm

Thanks again. I love feedback, so don't be shy.

Part 6
Hunter sat quietly as he watched the world fly by. He wasn’t sure of what else to do. Watching the leaves blowing on countless trees wasn’t exactly fun, but something had to occupy his mind…or else worse ideas would.
He looked up. The falling sun had fallen behind a thick layer of clouds, allowing only rays to pirece the weakest parts. A brilliant array of orange, yellow, and red stretched across the sky giving Hunter at least something to look at.

A car zoomed by, causing Hunter’s elbow to shake in the wake of its intense bass. He had no idea what song it was, assuming it could even be considered a song, but the beat came through quite clear. He heard a muffled mocking come from the seat next to him. There sat his father, shaking his head at the unnecessary loudness of the music.

Hunter stared at him for a moment, as if taking in a new sight. His father seemingly noticed the prolonged stare, and glanced towards Hunter. The shared in awkward connection before Hunter looked away again. Hunter sighed at the obvious awkwardness. His relationship with his father had once been quite amiable. They talked, they played, and they lived; not anymore. Now it was silence.

Finally, the car came to a gradual halt in front of a nice, middle-class house. It had lush, green lawn, elegant stone siding, and plenty of space to grow up; the typical American dream. However, it was one dream Hunter had learned to live without.

Hunter sighed as he reached for the door handle. However, he was quickly interrupted. “Hang on a moment, Hunter,” His father stated, placing his hand on Hunter’s shoulder. Hunter paused for a moment, wandering what he had done now.

Hunter’s father took a deep breath before continuing. “I’ve been trying to suck up the courage to talk about this, but I keep chickening out. It’s time to just man up.” Hunter began to grow nervous. He swore in his mind for not deleting his recent internet history like he always did.

“It’s about us…and your mother…” His father started, as he turned towards his son... Hunter relaxed slightly, grateful it wasn’t trouble. “I know things have been rough recently. Simply put…I never expected having to raise a child without your mother. I still don’t. I do realize, though, that life isn’t going
to wait for me to learn.”

Hunter sat still, taking in what his father was saying. It had been a long time since he had said anything like this, and it was a refreshing experience. He really missed his old dad…a lot. “Dad…I—“

His father put up a hand to stop Hunter. “Let me finish.” Hunter nodded, and listened. “Obviously, I haven’t been much of a father, but I have noticed that you've been alone much more recently. Our mother’s death has affected us both so much. I’m sorry if I’ve contributed to the rut we seem to have gotten in.”

“It’s alright, Dad,” Hunter sincerely replied. He felt his father’s pain, and appreciated the gesture.

His father shook his head. “No…it’s not, but this party you agreed to go to gives me hopes that it might be soon. I’m happy to see you getting out again. I hope to see more of it. Not only that, but…since you seem to be making efforts to move on, I’m going to see if I can too. Maybe we can do it together.”

Hunter smiled. He really wasn’t sure how to respond, but to simply agree. He looked back to the house, and noticed one of the curtains shifting. “I don’t mean to be rude…but I think they are waiting for me.”

His father looked in the same direction, and came to the same conclusion. “Alright…have fun, kiddo.” Hunter opened the door, and started to get out. Simultaneously, his father remembered one more thing. “Oh…one more thing…” Hunter sat back down, and looked towards his father. “I realize that you have entered a stage in your life where things are starting to change, and that I’ve never talked to you about a few things.”

Hunter’s eyes widened, as he realized what the possible conversation might be. “Dad…”

His father seemed to ignore Hunter’s questioning tone. “I know things are probably a bit weird right not…and that your bodies going to be changing…and that you are going to start noticing things…”

“Dad…!” Hunter started again, trying to stop this before it started. He wasn’t successful.

“Just know that I’m always here if you have questions…or concerns. If you need anything, ANYTHING at all, just let me know. I don’t want any grandchi—

“DAD!!” Hunter exclaimed, obviously expressing his awkwardness. His father chuckled, and lifted his hands in resignation.

“Alright…call me when you are ready to leave,” His father replied. “I love you, Hunter.”

“Love you too, Dad,” Hunter replied as he steppe doubt of the car. He closed the door quickly to avoid anything else his dad might have forgotten. He forgot the car had windows.

“NO DRUGS!” his father yelled as Hunter continued to walk towards the house. He waved his hand behind him in a very haphazard acknowledgement. His father smiled, and drove on.

Hunter stopped at the doorstep, half excited and half scared out of his mind. It took him a moment, but he mustered the courage to ring the doorbell. His partial “scared of his mind” composure immediately became a full-blown syndrome when he saw who answered the door.

“H! Long time, no see,” stated a very arrogant and malevolent voice.

Advertisements
Kink Talk