Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 11-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
starlight1992

Send a message via MSN to starlight1992
Exclamation slave collars

wheres the best placed to go to get a really good slave collar.

it must be cheap.
starlight1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

There are quite a few places online and I could look up for links a bit later on today. But I can already tell you this: If you look for something "really good", it's unlikely that it will be cheap. That is, depending on how much you're ready and able to spend.

But this depends a lot on what type of collar and how much is cheap enough
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
humpy1507

backing up what Chloe said, it depends what type of collar. I own a leather/suede collar with buckle strap and one O-ring which cost approximately £20. But again depends what your budget is and what it will be used for (used to assist in restraint, posture, attach a leash, or just for show. PM if you want more details/want mine as I don't use it anymore!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
TheTrueExperience

All of the guys who are really into their slave/master will beat me for this but....

If you want a cheap collar that you can easily buy without embarrasment, just go to a pet shop... you can get them starting at very cheap prices and in a variety of styles, materials and sizes (and can see what you are buying first hand, rather than relying on a picture over the internet). In addition to that, i personally find that its more authentic to the humiliation process if you are actually wearing a collar designed for an animal. As an added bonus, if anybody asks you why you have a collar lying about, you can just tell them that you do some part-time dog walking or something.

Just my cheapskate student input

Last edited by TheTrueExperience; 11-07-2011 at 12:08 PM.
TheTrueExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #5
wolf-prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueExperience View Post
All of the guys who are really into their slave/master will beat me for this but....

If you want a cheap collar that you can easily buy without embarrasment, just go to a pet shop... you can get them starting at very cheap prices and in a variety of styles, materials and sizes (and can see what you are buying first hand, rather than relying on a picture over the internet). In addition to that, i personally find that its more authentic to the humiliation process if you are actually wearing a collar designed for an animal. As an added bonus, if anybody asks you why you have a collar lying about, you can just tell them that you do some part-time dog walking or something.

^ This.

Leather dog collars especially are usually very durable and will last for years (I have owned dogs, so I know this for sure haha) plus the D-rings on them are usually very strong, especially on collars designed for larger breeds, so you needn't worry about it snapping or coming apart if you use it for tying someone into position.

By the way, some of the nylon ones, like the threaded nylon and woven nylon rolled collars can be a bit flimsy.
wolf-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueExperience View Post

Actually, this is not unusual at all, and even among guys and gals who are "really" into this, to put it this way

I didn't mention about such things because the OP mentioned wanting something "really good" which made me think he"she wants something specific...

But since TheTrueExperience brought up this point, and I think this may be useful to some: When we talk about collars in the context of BDSM, we mean a symbol of ownership by it. The most common collar is the one worn around the neck but it doesn't have to be this. For a few years I have had a handmade bracelet as my collar. Unless you plan to use a collar as a "toy" (with leash etc.), alternative collars can work too, especially if you're on a limited budget.

You can also (with a bit of luck and shopping) find some really pretty chokers in some shops and accessories boutiques sometimes. I did find 3 a couple years ago for 20$. The quality was a bit less good than I would have liked, of course, but hey I had 3 different colors to choose to match my clothes so I couldn't complain, right?

So if you're on a limited budget it may be wise to look also for alternatives. You can always save and spend on something more fancy later
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
wolf-prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
Actually, this is not unusual at all, and even among guys and gals who are "really" into this, to put it this way

I didn't mention about such things because the OP mentioned wanting something "really good" which made me think he"she wants something specific...

But since TheTrueExperience brought up this point, and I think this may be useful to some: When we talk about collars in the context of BDSM, we mean a symbol of ownership by it. The most common collar is the one worn around the neck but it doesn't have to be this. For a few years I have had a handmade bracelet as my collar. Unless you plan to use a collar as a "toy" (with leash etc.), alternative collars can work too, especially if you're on a limited budget.

You can also (with a bit of luck and shopping) find some really pretty chokers in some shops and accessories boutiques sometimes. I did find 3 a couple years ago for 20$. The quality was a bit less good than I would have liked, of course, but hey I had 3 different colors to choose to match my clothes so I couldn't complain, right?

So if you're on a limited budget it may be wise to look also for alternatives. You can always save and spend on something more fancy later
This is true, I remember reading somewhere on the net where someone had a particular labret ball on their tongue piercing as a sign of ownership, which I thought was quite a clever (and private) everyday option

There are also a lot of good tutorials for making woven collars (or belts lol!), I think I've got a tutorial picture of one saved somewhere, I shall try to post it up.
wolf-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
LordSneer

Pet shop as above for well made leather dog collars. Easy and readily available.

Or huse.com if you want something really special

http://huse.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...tegory_Code=CV
LordSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #9
boislave2serve

Send a message via Yahoo to boislave2serve

Size your neck and go to the local pet store. You can usually find a good leather on there, unless you're trying to go for something all glammed up, this usually works great for me.
boislave2serve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
collared26f

Smile

I have quite a bit of personal experience with collars. I have a pink leather collar I wear around my neck just about all the time except when showering and at work. It has a heart shaped tag with my name engraved on one side and the other showing I'm my Master's property. I got both the tag and collar at a pet store, It was medium priced, around $20. So think about how often you will actually be wearing it. If you think you will be wearing it often I would go for a nice soft leather instead of a cheaper nylon.

When I cant wear my physical collar, I have one just like it tattood around my right thigh. This is obviously a more permanent and expensive option.

And lastly, you can look on online pet shops. The fancier ones are listed under cat collars. That is how I found the collar I wore on my wedding, its so pretty and sparkly.
collared26f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
aislinnmarie

Depends by what you mean by cheap. I have some available that wont break the bank by any means and are suitable for wear out in public without questions being raised.

Collars
aislinnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
collar