Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
luvNgrl

Default September 11th

So tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary of the attacks on the world trade center in New York City. I know I have been watching the news all week as security has been heightened in certain areas and people are taking time to remember the tragedy that occurred 10 years ago. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I walked into my 8th grade math class to see my teacher bawling. At this time I had only lived about 5 hrs from NYC and an hr from where the plane went down in PA. There was a panic and we sat there and watched on tv as the second plane flew into the tower. I dont think there was a student that wasnt crying. Do you remember where you were that day? I wanted to start this thread to talk about what had happened and to remember all the people who lost their lives that day.

Submissive of Master Balki

Likes: humiliation, being controlled, pet play, bondage, spanking, anal, orgasm control/denial, light pain
Dislikes: more than light pain, age play, pee/poo control, annoying drivers
Limits: family, illegal, permanent

Toys: rope, vibes, hitachi, anal plugs, suction dildo, lovense lush
luvNgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
Ranzid
Account Banned

While I was in the uk It was still quite a shock , when i first saw it on tv it didnt register , we see those kinds of images all the time in films.. but not real life.

I spent the next few days desperately trying to find out if my friends were ok , sadly I lost 2 people on that day.

so my thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on that day, stay strong and reasonable america being angry lets them win just carry on shrug it off and really piss them off by not being scared.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
daremaster 1
getDare God

I remember, I was in 1st or 2nd grade. The speaker was on and said "Turn on the tv history is being made." So she turn on the tv and we saw the first plan in the first tower and thought it was an acident. Then after a little while we sall the 2nd plane fly into it and knew something was going on. Where we at war? We sall the tower fall and it was just so scary that it scard me. The wierd thing was it was such a pretty day, not a cloud in the sky. After about 2 to 3 days I remember seeing Ameracian flags everywhere! Every house, every store, and every street. I will never forget 9/11.
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
fireman
gD king

I could never forget the day I lost so many brothers and sisters. 343 of them, no I will never forget the bastered you did this. i wish he would be excuited on public tv. i was on the phone ordering motorcycle parts when it happened. I saw the second tower get hit and both fall. It was a moden pearl harbor.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
subgirl1993

i was still asleep, but woke up when it happened. my dad was watching the news before leaving for work (it was only 5:45ish am where i was at the time) and yelled out. it woke me up, and i sat on the couch watching the rest of the event unfold. we still had school that day, but everything was on high alert. no one did anything at school. televisions were on in every classroom and students just sat and watched. i live in the middle of three military bases. a nuclear sub base, an airforce base, and an army base. we were like 3 on the list of suspected targets if they were to hit again. i lost one of my uncles in the attack on the world trade center, and i lost my great aunt in the attack at the pentagon. it's so sad that this ever happened. i remember the first few days after the attacks, everyone was quite somber, but then the attitude changed into one of "you can't do that to America"

Likes: tease/edging/denial, breast and nipple play/pain, clit/pussy torture

Limits: no public, blackmail, illegal, permanent, body writing, messy, risky/dangerous, scat, blood...

!!!!!NEW!!!!! PM Dares

In Denial Until: July 7, 2024

Unless you care to make it worse
subgirl1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
meggido

I remember i was in 7th grade, and the teachers wouldn't tell us what was wrong. I only life a few hours from new york, and we could see some smoke but didnt know what it was.
All day parents kept coming and picking up their kids, and those of us that were there all day were confused, they wouldnt tell us what was happening, and half of our classes were empty.
meggido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
SirDraco7

Send a message via AIM to SirDraco7 Send a message via Yahoo to SirDraco7

I was in college.
I live like 8 hours or so from NYC.
That morning I was in a BDSM chatroom on AOL.
Someone in the chatroom said "a plane just hit the WTC".
She was working at a building next door or nearby and her coworkers saw it or something like that.
I turned on the news and nothing. 2 minutes or so later the first reports came in. Everyone was fixed to the TV and the conversation as she relayed everything that was going on and that she saw.
Then I remember watching the other tower get hit. I was so shocked I couldn't respond. To this day every time I see or think about it it brings tears to my eyes.
At this point the lady who was talking with us said "I have to go now they are evacuating this building" and she was gone and we lost our point of contact.

So I watched.

As soon as the tower fell I was like... Like everyone else. I almost hopped in my car and drove to NYC that instant. Had I have been closer than 8 hours away I know I would've. I actually was several steps toward leaving before I stopped myself, paced back and forth for a moment talking myself out of it and then sat back down and watched.

The rest of the day was a daze of school and work sitting around tv's or radios and not doing much at all.

As for me going to NYC.. my first thought was "they need help" And maybe I could help with first aid, maybe help move things, maybe help pass out water and blankets. whatever. But I realized that by the time I'd arrive the US Military plus tens of thousands of others would already be on site and I'd just get in the way and be useless. :: shrugs::

That was my meager story of 9/11. My grandfather had Pearl Harbor. My father had JFK and MLK, and I have 9/11. I fear what traumatic event my kids will have to live through...

I'll speak with, truth or dare most anyone.
I'm not Bi so will not give sexual truths or dares to Guys.
SirDraco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

I remember I was home sick from school with a fever that day. In the morning, I was on the couch watching Spongebob, and my screen just switches to possibly the most terrifying thing I'd seen in my young life. My family, all of us being Bush supporters, just sat home and stared silently at the tv screen the entire day.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
12356416514a
getDare Devil

Send a message via Yahoo to 12356416514a

I always wanted to visit the towers, I was sad when I saw that on tv.

Anyway, I think you guys should get over it. Just build some new towers and move on.

Yes I'm a BOY!!! Stop asking me
12356416514a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12356416514a View Post
I always wanted to visit the towers, I was sad when I saw that on tv.

Anyway, I think you guys should get over it. Just build some new towers and move on.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
12356416514a
getDare Devil

Send a message via Yahoo to 12356416514a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Why not? I know it was tragic but It's already 10 years past.

Yes I'm a BOY!!! Stop asking me
12356416514a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
sirie
getDare Sweetheart

Lets have a days silence for the 300,000 that die in Afghanistan and Iraq and the 800,000 injured and the 5million people that had to leave this countries with 99.9% Innocent over few nutters you started it
sirie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
loke
Account Banned

So because of 9/11 everyone forgot the catastrophic hurricane Katrina and is not important when it is the anniversary?

What do they both have in common?

-Loss of life.

-Damage.

How are they different?

Katrina, more damage than 9/11. Not sure about the deaths, Katrina might of had more too but not sure.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
loke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
sirie
getDare Sweetheart

should say "over few nutters WHO started it "
sirie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
luvNgrl

This thread was made solely for the purpose of remembering those who lost their lives. It wasnt to events were worse as I know Katrina was awful as well, but this was something we knew was coming...september 11th was not. Those people couldnt leave in get away when they were told to evacuate bc guess what they werent told bc they had no warning. I know far worse things have happened, but I also know that as a young child during this day I was terrified and I wont ever forget. So no I wont "get over it" as this is not something you can just get over. Anyways enough ranting...Im done.

Submissive of Master Balki

Likes: humiliation, being controlled, pet play, bondage, spanking, anal, orgasm control/denial, light pain
Dislikes: more than light pain, age play, pee/poo control, annoying drivers
Limits: family, illegal, permanent

Toys: rope, vibes, hitachi, anal plugs, suction dildo, lovense lush
luvNgrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk