Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
Seannyboy131

Default Coming out?

Hey everyone!
Here's a truth that could be pretty simple or pretty hard for some.

Are you Straight, Bi, Lesbian, or Gay?

If you are not straight have you come out of the closet anyone?

If you have to who?

Tell your story about coming out and maybe give some tips to people who are thinking about coming out.

I'll go first. I'm Gay, I am indeed out of the closet to almost everyone in my life. I first came out to my best friend last summer, it supprised me how well she took it and supported me, it actually brought us closer. I slowly came out to the rest of the people in my group of friends. Eventually I came out to my mom which was really hard because yes she did cry but eventually she supported me. I still have yet to come out to my Dad, I don't know why I haven't I just haven't.

My tips for people who feel like coming out are:
1. don't rush it. Only come out when you feel you are ready
2. don't feel as if you need to label yourself gay straight bi..whatever, just enjoy who you are.

Well that's it
Please answer it!!
Seannyboy131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
nate2010
getDare Sweetheart

I am straight. But I can understand how hard it is for people to come out of the closet, I have a bunch of gay and bi friends, and some of them were so scared to come out to their parents. It helped them having a large amount of support from friends.
nate2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
qwertypete
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to qwertypete Send a message via Yahoo to qwertypete

I'm straight... if I was gay, I'd honestly be really scared to come out.
qwertypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I've always wanted to tell my mom i'm a lesbian, i'm not but i'm curious to see how she would react.
Is that odd?
That's odd.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I've always wanted to tell my mom i'm a lesbian, i'm not but i'm curious to see how she would react.
Is that odd?
That's odd.
No it isn't! That's just ironic! I weas thinking about the same thing- telling people I was gay and seeing how they would react. Coincedence.

To quote the Office (of course) "I am coming out HETERO"- (Michael Scott, the Gay Witch Hunt). In other words, I am strait (actually I hate that word. It's WAY too loaded.)
Old 03-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

Even though I would never pursue like a real loving relationship with a guy, I consider myself bisexual. Only one person besides myself knows about this and she's cool with it.
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
Master_Emanon

Post Comment

I am straight though I know how hard it can be on a homosexual/lesbian from what I have seen friends go through. I wont down play it and say it is always easy.

In worst case scenario I have had friends who came out to their parents and when their parents refuse to accept them ended up committing suicide, some simply ran off and I couldn’t really say what happen to them, some parents claim they knew and was either more then okay with it or was tolerable of their sexual preference

Background information about me, I have been on my own since 10 years old, at 16 years old a friend of mines (14 at the times) came out to his parents and they kicked him out the house at 8:00 PM and didn’t let him bring anything, needless to say I let him move in with me and I raised him from 14-19 where he then met his current boyfriend and they now have been dating about a year and both live in New Jersey.

On the other hand I have a friend who came out to his parents and although they didn’t suspect anything, they are all great and get along, and he and his dad can even joke about him being gay, like one time when he came out his dad said…so your gay… meaning you can help me decorate the house now and they just laughed. So it really can go either way
Master_Emanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
LilAngel
getDare Addict

I'm straight.

But somehow, a lot of my dreams somehow focuses on the theme of 'lesbianism'.

So... who knows?

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
Krystal
getDare Sweetheart

i'm lesbian

All my friends know now, an part of my family does. immediate family and an uncle and aunt, the rest aren't too accepting of it so i just avoid the drama entirely. which is no big deal since i only see them once a year an they live across the country.

I fully came out once I hit college. My high school didn't take too kindly of homosexuality, a lot of immaturity their. So for my own sanity an safety i just kept it amongst people i trusted. It has been rather nice since i came out in college I've had a lot of old high school friends that have contacted me an apologized for their "immaturity" back in high school

I've been considerably fortunate in the acceptance area for people close to me. Which i am truely thankful for. Cause i know not many have it as easy as i have had it.

My advice to those hiding.
Only come out when your ready an feel comfortable. Don't do it because you feel you need to. Theirs nothing wrong with not not announcing your sexuality. It's your life do what will make/keep you happy.

♥♥♥ My FormSpring ♥♥♥

Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
MetalGreek
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to MetalGreek

ok i'm coming out of the closet......I'M STRAIGHT! There everyone know! (lol) But yeah I know a lot of people who are gay and a few are my best friends (cough cough seanny cough cough) and all I have to say is don't be afraid to tell your parents about it! They will accept you for who you are(if they are good parents that is) even if they don't it will be better to tell them to keep it a secret and find you making out with another guy or girl will it? I mean let's face it the best way for someone to tell something is not them seeing you do it but for them to be told. xO
~If being powerless is evil, is having power justice? Is revenge evil? Can friendship coexist with justice?
Lelouch Vi Britannia

WORSHIPS RACHIE
MetalGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
Hircine

Send a message via MSN to Hircine

Are you Straight, Bi, Lesbian, or Gay? Gay

If you are not straight have you come out of the closet anyone? Only friends I know online

If you have to who? Friends I know online

I haven't told anyone, afraid of my parents reaction, and afraid my friends wouldn't treat me the same.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
Nick
Distinguished Member

i'm straight, but i get how hard it would be to come out. If I was gay, i'd say coming out to my parents would be the hardest. Why is that? Seems like a lot of people feel that way but yet they're the ones that should accept us no matter who we are, so why are people so scared to come out to them? Crazy psychological stuff.

Likes: Underwear, Jockstrap, Embarrassing, Webcam or Pics, Naked, Semi-public, slight risk, strip games, dice dares, wedgies, clothing/cum control, anal, light humiliation

Dislikes: Piss, Body Writing, messy

Limits:Really public, family, friends, scat, gross, pain.

Impossible: Crossdressing. I own NO girls clothes.

kik: nick.undies
SnapChat: SnapNickR
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Nixie
getDare Devil

I'm Bi and my family is amazingly supportive. Se here is the thing. So is my mom. My sisters. So I've had it easy. Honestly I think it was expected of me to be.

I have friends who are gay and honestly your closest friends probably already know. As we did. And as they did with me. It came as absolutely No surprise. I think I was more disappointed for not getting a reaction. Is that wrong? I guess I wanted one but then again I didn't give my friends one either.

Dads are more difficult. Seems they aren't as open. ie. Being the sons to carry on the family name and Daughters being daddy's little girls. Unless your dad is gay they they are much more supportive. Had friends like this as well. Seems they were not surprised. And supportive.

Ok that is my 411 signing out haha

Leo:YOU HARLTOT

Simple Tips
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
lingerie_lover12

I consider my self straight with a little bit of a curious side. My two sisters kno because the caught me using toys in my ass but thats another story. My GF also knows and she is fully accepting and want to help me explore my curiosity. I will never be gay because i like girls to much but i guess there is a chance i am bi
lingerie_lover12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #15
adnama

I'm bi, and coming out to my friends was one of the easiest and most liberating things I've done. Most said that my confession didn't suprise them, so everything is fine there. My mom is a different story. I remember that I told her I was invited to what my friends called a "Queer Convention" with the the other gay kids at my school. I told my mom that, and she asked why I was invited. "I'm half-gay", was my response. She was shocked, and asked me how "one becomes half-gay". I told her that you don't become anything, you just know. I thought she would be ok with it, since she has many gay friends, instead she told me to refrain from telling anyone at my school since she didn't want me to be known as "the Gay Community Leader". We haven't really talked about it since; I'm waiting for when I get a girlfriend to really cement things.

If you plan on coming out, I'd say tell the people who you know will support you. Don't rush things. Build up your self-confidence, so you can stand tall when you tell people. And definitely do not take insults to heart, people come and go in your life, and if they truly care, then they will accept you. It may just take some time. Remember, if you've been in the closet for awhile, when you come out you will be telling them the truth. It's hard for people to realize that they've been lied to.

"As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going."~Carrie Bradshaw
adnama is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk