Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 06-12-2016, 04:42 AM   #1
Brobot 9000
Account Banned

Default The Problem with "Loser Has To" Threads

So one of the most prevalent style of threads in the Person Above section is one where two users compete then a third user decides who wins, the loser having to do a task which is normally chosen in some way by the winner. It's a good concept, more risky than Person Above and therefore it allows for more difficult, extreme dares.

However, there is a major issue with it and that is the fact that, in my experience, very few winners actually send the tasks they need to send. It's clear that they go into the threads hoping to get the dare for losing, but when things don't go their way they ignore the actual loser. Recently I participated in the "Loser Gets Tied Up" thread and only in 1/3 of my losses did someone actually bother to send the dare despite it being incredibly simple to do so. I won't name names of course.

I believe that if you participate in a Loser Has To thread you must do whatever it requires of you, but that isn't the case. The room for excuses is narrow as people know what dare they might have to give and, most of the time, giving that dare is a case of filling in the blanks. In my time at GetDare I remember only doing this once, and that was because something happened in my personal life that caused me to completely ignore GetDare entirely for a week.

So, GetDare, what are your thoughts on these kinds of threads? Do you participate in them and, if so, how often do you get the dare when you lose?

Likes Mental Feminization, Denial, Edging, Hypnosis, Ruined Os, Bondage, Messy, Transformations, Pet Play, Freezing-in-place

Dislikes Cum Eating, Light Pain, Light Breathplay, Line-Writing, Wedgies, Pee (No Drinking)

Like But Can't Do Crossdressing, Chastity, Anal, Sex Toys,

Limits Anything not listed above, lazy dares
Brobot 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Brobot 9000 for this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
SissyTim

I know what you mean. Its the same for me. I can't always give out the dare in the same minute i win but try to do so when back on again.
If i lose its a 50/50 to get the dare from the winner.
For all people posting in the treads to receive dares I have a idea.......go to the dare section and do all the dares you find there.

Call me Tiffany please from now on

Likes: parent control, hidden-public, clothing control, humiliation, forced fem, crossdressing, rules, risk of exposure, hypnosis, all sorts of lycra and spandex suits

Limits: illegal, family/friends, permanent, public, messy, blood, anal, pictures, cam

PM DARES for this SISSY

add tasks to my calendar
SissyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:53 AM   #3
Brobot 9000
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyTim View Post
I know what you mean. Its the same for me. I can't always give out the dare in the same minute i win but try to do so when back on again.
Yeah, I should emphasize that I'm not talking about not getting dares immediately. I'm talking about when the dares aren't there 2, 3 days later.

Likes Mental Feminization, Denial, Edging, Hypnosis, Ruined Os, Bondage, Messy, Transformations, Pet Play, Freezing-in-place

Dislikes Cum Eating, Light Pain, Light Breathplay, Line-Writing, Wedgies, Pee (No Drinking)

Like But Can't Do Crossdressing, Chastity, Anal, Sex Toys,

Limits Anything not listed above, lazy dares
Brobot 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #4
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobot 9000 View Post
So, GetDare, what are your thoughts on these kinds of threads? Do you participate in them and, if so, how often do you get the dare when you lose?
After trying to write my opinion in an easy-to-read post for about an hour, I've decided to just put down the bullet points. Writing these bullet points in this way may be rude towards you, the reader, so my apologies for that.

• I find the Person above and Loser has to threads the lower class threads, below any other threads in which dares are given. When you request dares in the Request TORD Online section, they are (in many cases) tailored to your likes and limits. In the previously named threads, there are only a few people who care about the previous poster and give them a good dare.

• Blaming the next poster for not giving the previously poster any dares is wrong. Both posters carry the responsibility. When talking about Person Above dares, the second poster should give you a dare. When this person does not give the first poster a dare, the first poster should message the second poster for a dare. Else, in your case, the first poster (you) starts building up frustration and anger because there two-third doesn't send a dare. In the end, a thread such as this one appears.

• To be honest, I think the real issue (causing your problem) is that people don't perform 90% of the dares they are sent to them, coming from Person Above threads of course. So why bother sending them more? There are enough people who post a dozen times a day in those threads, do they post a dozen good dares, too? Or do they write one-liners or copy-paste two-liner dare from elsewhere?

• I avoid the Person Above threads, except for a few threads in that section.

Feel free to write words with asterisks in them or telling me that I am wrong. I would love to know what you think of my bullet points, not to be confused with real bullets.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
• I find the Person above and Loser has to threads the lower class threads, below any other threads in which dares are given. When you request dares in the Request TORD Online section, they are (in many cases) tailored to your likes and limits.

My thoughts exactly. I never even have the curiosity to open the Person Above or Loser Has To threads. I don't think I have even glanced through one of those threads. If there is a poll I might vote, but otherwise no. There just doesn't seem to be much thought or imagination in these threads.

But it's a common problem. Even TORD Online has the same thing in reverse. Many times people ask for dares and then never even acknowledge a thought out reply. Which is unfortunate for those who research a little and try to post an imaginative dare. But such is life on getDare.

Just make a mental note of those posters and try to remember not to respond to them anymore.

DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to DaVance for this post:
Old 06-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Recently I participated in the "Loser Gets Tied Up" thread and only in 1/3 of my losses did someone actually bother to send the dare despite it being incredibly simple to do so. I won't name names of course.
Then why continue to keep trying? Would it not get frustrating? If it did, then would you just not stop posting? That's just a little idiotic to me...

Quote:
I believe that if you participate in a Loser Has To thread you must do whatever it requires of you, but that isn't the case. The room for excuses is narrow as people know what dare they might have to give and, most of the time, giving that dare is a case of filling in the blanks.
This is where you are wrong, nothing is "required" of you by posting in those threads. Those threads are just little time spenders and can be fun, but it also can be very frustrating and annoying. But nothing is required. People will always make excuses of why they can't do something, so this should not at ALL be a surprise why someone doesn't give a dare.

Quote:
I find the Person above and Loser has to threads the lower class threads, below any other threads in which dares are given. When you request dares in the Request TORD Online section, they are (in many cases) tailored to your likes and limits.
I would not go that far as to say that "Person Above" and "Loser has to.." are "lower class threads." Those threads are just meant for a little fun and for an easy dare when you're bored. There's nothing wrong with that. Not every dare has to be very well thought out and have 3 paragraphs and be 250 words, no. But there's nothing wrong with getting a dare that is simple and easy to do to do when you're bored.

There are specific threads that you can click on depending on your likes, and dislikes (if you want) and limits. There are absolutely tons of them and there is never limited dares. There are pages upon pages and you just have to find the right one, and you should be fine.

Quote:
To be honest, I think the real issue (causing your problem) is that people don't perform 90% of the dares they are sent to them, coming from Person Above threads of course. So why bother sending them more? There are enough people who post a dozen times a day in those threads, do they post a dozen good dares, too? Or do they write one-liners or copy-paste two-liner dare from elsewhere?
I agree with the first part, but like I said before, not every dare has to be elaborately thought out and have a great way of making you feel some way. Some days you just may want a simple dare that you have been neglecting to get.

Regardless, those threads have their pros and their cons. Those threads may not be meant for everyone but there's nothing wrong with having a simple dare once in a while. If you don't like them, so be it, but don't be rude to the people who participate in them and don't judge the threads. If you like them, you know what to expect and if you don't, you'll soon find out. Just have fun the way you want.

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote