View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #42
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstockton25 View Post
I can't imagine it would be that big of a hassle. There are plenty of mods, and a lot of this site is under 18 so they wouldn't do this anyway. For those over 18, a lot probably wouldn't want to be bothered to do it, but I still think it should be considered for those who do. If they offer to do it, and either no one wants to so it's pointless to offer, or way too many people want to and it's impossible to maintain they could just do away with it. No harm, no foul.

I don't know a single person over 18 with no photo ID. In the States, you have to have ID to do a ton of stuff (get a job, vote etc). It would be impossible to go very long without have some form of ID. And you're not screwed if you don't have one, I didn't say make it mandatory, it would still be optional.

And to solve the issue of trust with the mods, have a box to check that states the information is not to be used for purposes other than identity verification, and any other use would be illegal.
Correct is is pretty much mandatory, but what you are saying would only add a "Verified" title solving little to nothing, people will still do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstockton25 View Post
Well this thread was how to solve the underage s/m problem. For that, problem solved lol.
People will still do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
Actually, people lying about their age is a HUGE issue now that you have to sign up as 18+. I can assume that at least half of the underagers that look at this site still sign up except now they are underage but have the 18+ title.

While the linces idea probably works wonders, it will drive people away so bad or no one will simply do it. The idea scares the shit out of me really. The mods on this site are just regular people. While I very much trust most of the mods (the ones I don't I don't know) on here, I still would feel a little wierd giveing them that much info. That idea is compounded if you are brand new on the site and don't know anyone. If you're willing to give out that much info without knowing a single thing about the person you're giving it to, you need to take a step away from the computer and think about it for a few minutes. It is pretty crazy to do.
I believe it is a big issue too, but did not want to make an assumption that it is. As long as I am not the only one believing it, I will stand by it. I agree if you would so readily give that info to someone, who is nothing but a normally person you need to step back and think. Now that being said the check box would kinda solve the issue by not at the same time... how can it be proven? Now if it were a professional verification site, it would cost 20 bucks a verification, that is just over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
What I meant was that there is alot of s/m activity going on outside of the s/m area. So moving it wouldn't solve the problem.
Yes, but as long as it is outside of getDare, getDare is no longer responsible.

In short no matter what is done there will always be a problem, maybe an idea or two will come from this thread but I foresee it being closed when it gets to the point where it is going in circles.

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.
lilysmaster is offline   Reply With Quote