Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

Pondering

Posted 07-24-2011 at 06:33 PM by Komodo Jones

Just a thought here and I was thinking this today and I feel like it's a question I need to ask. Let me give you the background of what spurred this question. Yesterday, two of my good friends were getting married. On Thursday, I asked my friend if we were still carpooling to the wedding and he said yes to meet at our home church at 3:30. So I really outdid myself, I got a haircut, shaved, contacts, I cleaned out my car and everything. I mean I already know I look adorable in anything but I wanted to look my best for the wedding. What don't look at me that way men can be adorable. Anyway, I went to the church to wait for my friends to pick me up. I got there at 3:25, a little early but not worried. 3:30 came around nobody texted my friend asked if we were still carpooling. 3:35 called my friend asking if we were still carpooling no one answered. Shortly after I got a text from my friend saying "Sorry no." Meaning no we're not carpooling. So I rushed back home to mapquest directions and unfortunately the trip to the church I had to go was not enough time to get to the wedding. The wedding started in half an hour and the drive was 50 minutes, and being stuck in a traffic jam didn't help. I missed the wedding and felt really awkward going to the reception but not the wedding. What really pissed me off and mortally wounded me emotionally. Is that our whole youth group which I'm a part of was invited. My friends are sponsors of the youth group and they were getting married. Another one of the sponsors was the maid of honor and because of that her husband was there. One of the other sponsors had to drive the van and all the youth were in the van carpooling over there. How is it that I was forgotten? I felt like nothing, and felt completely alone and uncared for.
This brings up the question relating to getdare. I was looking over my blog entries of the past and noticed I had a lot of friends responding to my entries but now...I just feel the same way. Not uncared for but forgotten and completely alone. I was just wondering if anyone actually remembers or is interested in Komodo Jones?
KJ
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1042 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I must say.. I've never even heard of you before. I hope that's not a problem. I definitely wasn't active until more recently anyway. and even then, only on certain areas of the site. So I can't really say much besides that..

BUT... I still feel angry for you. Idk if you're the type to avoid confrontation or what, but I'd definitely complain to someone if I were you. Just at least let them know that you were annoyed or hurt. A lot of times, it's not their intention to be jerks or to forget.. but if you're quiet about it it CAN happen.. (tho in this case that's bullshit)

either way.. don't be afraid to be angry at them. You have every right to be. =/ sorry that happened to you. >_<
  2. Old Comment
    I remember you! I just... Don't always remember to comment on blogs, mostly because I don't know if the comments will ever get seen. No notifications for it after all.
    Posted 07-27-2011 at 02:44 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  3. Old Comment
    I am not a blog commenter at all and rarely want to read them but you should not tolerate ill treatment. You should say something to them, they were so wrong to treat you that way. And honestly you get out of anything what you want. You want the stars KJ go get them.
    Posted 04-07-2017 at 06:31 PM by Doux et vivant Doux et vivant is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Comment
    I remember you! I just... Don't always remember to comment on blogs, mostly because I don't know if the comments will ever get seen. No notifications for it after all.
    I write a lot of blogs and I get notifications for every notification I get. Also you can change your settings so that once you comment on a blog, you are notified of any other responses.