Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Maggy

Rate this Entry

Bear Pride.

Posted 09-21-2011 at 12:33 PM by Maggy

When I was younger and was just discovering my attraction towards men, I needed a subtle way to explain things to my younger sister. So, thinking it might be a sweet way of doing it and thinking it might make my sister laugh, I took my collection of teddy bears (shut up, I'm a man, alright?) and proceded to put on a play, which I'm going to write in story form right here.

I've mostly just written this for Ghosty-chan's (Rachie) benefit, as she obviously seems to appreciate this kind of story.

This is the story of Teddy Bear, who lived in the middle of the Great Bear Woods. Teddy Bear was quite an inquisitive bear. He had a strange fascination for all things new and exciting. He lived in the middle of the Great Bear Wood with Mummy Bear, Daddy Bear, Sister Bear and Brother Bear. (Who was not a Holy Bear.)

When Teddy Bear was growing up, Daddy Bear and Mummy Bear had very high hopes for Teddy Bear/ They would always tell Teddy that he would one day be a Doctor Bear or a Lawyer Bear or a Teacher Bear. And Teddy Bear speant his whole life trying to make them proud! Always saying when he woke up "Today is another day! Today I will become a Lawyer Bear!" or "It's time to go to school. I'll learn to be a Doctor Bear!"

But, eventually, Teddy Bear started to feel a little funny...
Teddy Bear fealt he wasn't happy with his life. Teddy Bear told his parents "I don't want to be a lawyer Bear. The job is too boring. I don't like my brown Bear Fur, it's so bland and doesn't match my eyes. I'm going to make changes!"

Mummy Bear and Daddy Bear were very surprised, but they accepted it was just a phase and he'd grow out of it...
But Teddy Bear went missing... They looked under the stairs... But he wasn't there. They looked under the tables... But he wasn't there. They even tried in the cupboards but there was just no sign of Teddy Bear.

Feeling rather sad, the bears went into Teddy's Room to see if they could find a note or a clue as to where Teddy Bear might be... And that's when they heard the rustling... A rustling coming from the closet in the corner...

"Are you in there, Teddy Bear?"

"Y-Yes Mummy Bear."

"Come out at once, Teddy Bear, you'll get all clostraphobearic in there."

"I.I.I Can't Mummy Bear. I'm nervouse."

"Nervouse?" The Bears couldn't understand... What did he mean, nervouse? Was something wrong? Brother Bear laughed and yelled "Come on out, Teddy Bear! Don't be shy!"

And so, Teddy Bear came out of the closet...

And his bland brown fur was now a BRIGHT PINK!
All the Bears giggled and laughed. Brother Bear and Sister Bear made fun of him. Mother Bear burst into tears. Daddy Bear was very mad.

"What have you done with your fur, Teddy Bear!?"

Feeling rather sad, Teddy Bear grumped and huffed and stomped away from the house, walking through the Great Bear Wood, kicking twigs and leaves and cursing his now pink fur for his sudden difference to the rest of his Bears...
But on the way, he met somebody. Teddy the Pink Bear, met Huggy the Lilac Bear. Teddy Bear gasped and proclaimed "Your fur! It's so pretty! And it matches your pretty eyes!"

"Why thank you, Teddy Bear. Your fur is also very exciting."

Huggy Bear explained to Teddy Bear that he wasn't different atall. Huggy told Teddy that he was now a part of a whole new, exciting world and he was going to show him something special.

Huggy Bear took Teddy Bear to the Different Bear Blanket. It was a picnic blanket where all the different bears could gather and be different together, without being scared that someone might yell or laugh or cry for Teddy's differences.

At the Different Bear Blanket, Bears were free to be Pink Bears and Green Bears and Blue Bears. They didn't have to be Lawyer Bears and Doctor Bears and Pilot Bears, but could be Hairdressing Bears and Interior Designer Bears and Drama Bears. Teddy was filled with much pride that day, and he came up with an idea!

The next day, Teddy Bear got all the Different Bears together and together they paraded through the Great Bear Wood in a rainbow of greens and blues and pinks and yellows and oranges. Instead of laughing, the Everyday Bears noticed the large number of Different Bears and realised just how Common the Different Bears were. They clapped and cheered and gave the Different Bears there support.

Even Teddy Bears family found the whole parade exciting and screamed out there support for their Teddy Bear in all his Pink Bear Glory.

And to this day, once a year, all those Different Bears still parade through the Great Bear Wood on Bear Pride Day to show their pride and to recieve support, and they will forever be remembered as brave, common, very fashionable bears indeed.

The End.

Sowisa.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5131 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Wow great story thank you

Don't think you could have inserted the word bear anymore if you tried. lol

Lovely to read someone elses stories and approaches

Thank You

LOVE RACHIE
    X X X X
  2. Old Comment
    xD It was the only way I could explain it to her. She was 12 at the time and her concept of a gay relationship was two men playing funny buggers behind the school sheds.
  3. Old Comment
    Interior Design Bear, love it
  4. Old Comment
    I think, when I first told the story, I said "Expressionist Bears" but Paisley (my sister) never got the joke. =/ So I started saying that instead.
  5. Old Comment
    THIS STORY IS AMAZING.

I loveeeed it.
  6. Old Comment
    I'm glad you did ^~^ I'm strongly considering performing it as a puppet show for the next Edinburgh Festival. Wadya think? A wee stage, all my little bears. Teach the world about Bear Pride Day. XD