Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > peaceful_soul

Rate this Entry

Iphone speculation

Posted 10-11-2011 at 09:34 AM by peaceful_soul

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of ignorance that the general population has in regards to technology and how their own expectations blinds them from how remarkable something really is, which often leads people to judgmental bias on the sheer physical aspect of something that becomes highly underrated.

For example...

I Iphone 4s, is quite amazing. This phone has got a remarkable dual core processor. How the F*ck did they manage to put something as fast as my own laptop inside a phone the size my palm? Amazing. Personally, I don't care for Apple much. I grew up with PC's and will probably die with PC's, so reading this, don't think I have any favorable direction specifically for Apple.

The problem is how people view this product and value it as a whole. The general consumer sees the Iphone 4s as nothing different than their old Iphone 4. When I say general, I mean majority.

If you have a product that your coming out with, especially if its technology. You could give the people what you know will be best, however people what what they want and nothingless. Considering what I just said, you could give the people what they want, and nothing more, which on an economic stand point, may be a very profitable observation.

Lets go back to what I was saying about the Iphone. If I took them side by side and showed them to a customer, the average would be that they wouldn't know the difference between the two and would more than likely buy the cheaper one blind. Why? Well for one, they didn't have a good sells person to give them the specs, and two it just does not sparkle enough motivation in its looks.

Looks are everything. I hate when people tell other people that looks don't matter... correction, in a social environment, they do.

If the guys at Apple took the iphone 4, and just slapped a whole new design on it but did absolutely nothing to change the specs, results would be astonishing. Sales would skyrocket through the roof, and people go even as far as claiming their phone to be faster, even if no indication from apple said it was. Blind by ignorance.

I thought of this, why haven't they? They have. Well its quite simple. Apple pretty much downgraded the possibilities for the Iphone 4, and then upgraded to what potential the Iphone 4 really had and made it to an entire new phone, thus increase profit and decreasing spending on resources. Less spending = more profit. The idea is not new though, look at Windows Visa to Windows 7. Why haven't they changed the look to increase profit? Again, think about what I said above, less spending = more profit. They already changed the look from the Iphone 3gs, a very minor change but made big increase in sales. Will they change the look again? Sure, if they are following the same pattern then did with the past phones, I could see it happening soon. Apple is still collecting revenue from the last exterior upgrade.

Gin
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1473 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments