Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Smile

Rate this Entry

America and murder?

Posted 04-22-2009 at 12:37 PM by Smile
Updated 04-22-2009 at 12:40 PM by Smile

Firstly, this is a no-offence post... So anyone who trys to flame me for this, will get their post deleted by me. (I love how you can do that in blogs )

Now, the point of this post/blog/whatever.

Is it me, or do all the mass murderers seem to be from America somewhere?

All famous mass murdering cases are from America, biggest two being Ed Gein, and Charles Manson.

Not only that, but also the media decideds to sit there, make films about it. Natural Born Killers is a good example, it is about a couple who go round America, and kill a total of 52 people.

But why America? Is there not something like this in other countries of the same size? Australia doesn't have any famous murder cases that come to mind, China, nope, India, nope, Japan, nope, England, not that I can think of, Germany, well, not since Hitler... There must be something about America.

Or maybe it is just where the most people are

(Oh, and the legalised guns)

Once again, no offence to America.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5526 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    The list of mass murderers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mass_murderers

Just a link which might enlighten you inquiry. Many of them are not American.

However, America may be the only country to litterally glamorize them, hence the impression that there are more of them in the United States. It's also a question of keeping records of them - many disorganized or third-world countries may not have such good ways of tracking said criminals.
  2. Old Comment
    Very interesting, Interesting, you have shown a very good point.

The USA is a very large country, however, out of the first 173 (Random number, it is in sections though) the percentage is only 27.7% out of all the other counties.

Also relating to your point, this is most likely to be overly high, as many of them are not recorded in developing countries (not as well) so the rate will still most likely be lower.

And yes, it does seem that America glamourises its self a lot.

I got the idea for this theory, from a film trailer, it was a childerens comedy, but still made a very good point. It said "Once again, a spaceship has landed in America, the only country space ships ever seem to land in" Which has made me think a lot, and then I put 1+1 together (it sounds better) and got 27.7.

Updated 04-22-2009 at 01:56 PM by Smile
  3. Old Comment
    The average percentage of American mass murders compared to the rest of the world is 38.2708%

That is quite high, but every mass murder case will be there, compared to un-heard of cases in developing countries.
  4. Old Comment
    Query: where do you get these numbers exactly? Are they specifically on the link I put up or do you get them from elsewhere?

It's just that 43.1% of all statistics are usually made up on the spot.... (oh! the irony! I couldn't resist!)
  5. Old Comment
    xD

Nope, these numbers are from the sections of wikipedia, I counted the number of them that said U.S and then I divided it by the total number, timesd it by 100, and I got the percentage for each section.

There they are above^.

However, you will most likely be thinking "4.7 is a complete outlier, what is it doing there?"

Well, I added together the total number of mass murder on each individual list, which was 480, added all the numbers in the above list which was 183.7, and divided it by 480, once again, timesed by 100, and got my main average

(Yes, they are all rounded to the most appropriate number)

So yes, I don't make up false numbers

(Oh, and I stored all the numbers in notepad, just because I couldn't remember them, and I havn't closed the window yet)

Also, they better not be on the link!!! I spent ages on them
    Updated 04-22-2009 at 02:43 PM by Smile
  6. Old Comment
    Well there was a genocide in Darfur and the Holocaust. Mass murder! Not in America!