Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Rose_Angel

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Punishment and First Three Daily Reports

Posted 07-13-2012 at 05:27 AM by Rose_Angel

The Punishment from Dravot

To shorten up some of the banter so I can explain the circumstances he refers to, we discussed why I felt I wasn’t able to have the peg on me for the time I didn’t. He asked if it was too physically painful, or if it was just an “it hurts and I don’t wanna” thing. I replied stating that I think it was mainly a mental issue, with not being mentally prepared to accept more pain after my tongue was relieved the first time, and the second was that I physically couldn’t handle it when I took it off before lunch.

Alright, given the circumstances and the quality of the report and everything else the punishment for this will be short. 5 minutes with one peg on each ear and one on your tongue to make up for all the time you skipped out on it. You can wait a day or two before doing it if you'd like.

My Concerns with the Punishment

Thank you, for allowing me to wait a day or two before doing the punishment. My tongue still feels the same way, and I'm rather nervous about it. I will take your advice and see my doctor if it doesn't get better in the next day or two.

With that being said, I am not comfortable placing the peg on my tongue at the moment. I have been thinking about it. Tomorrow will be the " day or two" after the initial dare, and I believe punishments in general shouldn't be prolonged for too long.

I would do the punishment now, but again, I am not comfortable with placing the peg on my tongue while it still feels numb. If my tongue "miraculously" heals over night, I would be willing to use it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but I have a feeling that isn't the case.

So, in the event the status of my tongue has not changed by tomorrow morning, could you modify the punishment slightly? One thing I have thought of that seems a close alternative would be on one of my lips, as it is still in the general area of the mouth. Of course, that is just a suggestion.

His Reply

Given the circumstances with your tongue skip a peg on your tongue entirely regardless of how it feels tomorrow. Just go with the one on each ear for 5 minutes.

Dravot

Maintenance Reports

Monday 7/2/2012

Just as most of yesterday was new, I never had to hold a coin to the wall for more than five minutes in the past, or stand in a corner for more than 10.

I considered between using a quarter and a nickle, as non was specified. With my back and legs being incredibly sore, I went with a quarter. During these 15 minutes of standing, not only was my nose holding the coin to the wall, but my forehead and breast were also pushed against the wall.

Depending on how I'm feeling I may do this tomorrow as well, but I think a nickle would take much more focus, and allow me less freedom to move around. What are your thoughts on this?

As for what I thought about at the wall, I told myself several things, such as I could be sleeping right now had I have not let my room get so messy. I told myself as awful as it is, this 15 minutes will be good for me, so that I'll learn 15 minutes isn't too much time to take out of a day to do maintenance, as well as several other things.

there was one point where I wondered how long I'd been there, but I quickly told myself it doesn't matter and then I thought about other, more appropriate things.

I was very surprised I kept the coin up. Even though it was a quarter, I'm still proud of myself.

RoseBrat89

His Reply

Well done, I think the quarter is fine but you can try it with a nickel tomorrow and see how it works, the intent is not to make it impossible, just to make it boring and tedious so you spend as much of that 15 minutes cleaning as possible. Well cleaning or organizing or dusting or any other maintenance task you can come up with to reduce the time spent with the coin.

Tuesday 7/3/2012 and punishment

Before going to bed last night, I changed my bed sheet and comforter, and put the dirty ones in my laundry basket.

During my maintenance time, I started a load of laundry, that included those two items and one dirty outfit, and my shower towel.

When I got into my room, I saw my neat stack of towels that I use for swimming, but as I thought about it, there is no open swim at the high schools this week due to the fourth of July, so I put those towels with all the other towels in the house, in the bathroom closet.

I stepped into my room and noticed a few stray things that got to my floor. I picked them up, threw them away, and I had 6 minutes to go for my maintenance time.

I hope this is okay, but I put one clothes pin on each ear as I stood with a nickle to the wall for the remainder of the time, to do my punishment at the same time as my maintenance time. I figured since I was doing something other than wearing the pegs during the dare, it wouldn't be bad to incorporate that punishment in with this second part of my dare.

There was one time I thought the nickel was going to drop, but fortunately for me, it didn't. While standing at the wall, I thought about how good it was that I found things to do to take up the majority of my maintenance time, and how it only took me 9 minutes to tidy up a bit.

The 6 minutes however seemed to take forever. I then thought about your initial reason for including the clothes peg, to show me that cleaning can be tedious when I let it go for so long. I realized that being in pain, regardless of the severity, makes time seem to go by slower. During my dare, I used my cell phone alarm several times to set timers, and I would often look and thing "its only been this long?" While I don't think the pegs actually slowed me down in doing my work, it did feel like time was moving incredibly slow while waiting to take the peg off the ear.

Wednesday 7/4/2012

I organized the top shelf of my bookshelf, moving things that didn't belong up there to other places, as well as rearranging items to make it look nice.

This took me 10 minutes. I know I could have organized more, to avoid standing, but I have found my time at the wall has helped me reflect on everything. So I stood for the duration of the time.

While standing, I was thinking about how I was rather disgusted with all the dust I came across. There is dust galore on all my dresser tops, all of which, still need to be organized as well. I will definitely be dusting during my future maintenance days.

Some thoughts and reflections outside of maintenance, but holistically relevant

I'm looking at my top shelf right now that I organized, and comparing it to everything else in my room. I'm just so excited that every day I am improving my room, instead of letting it get worse.

I've always had two laundry baskets, as I have always been very lazy, but I have one basket stacked inside the other at the moment, and if I keep everything up, which I intend to do, I will remove one of them all together from my room.

With laundry in mind, whenever I go to take a shower daily, I just plop my clothes right into the basket. Also, on a similar note, I've added a small trashcan to my room so I can just throw away trash as I get it, rather than having it fall from my bed onto the floor where I don't do anything about it, or rather I didn't before. Now when I see something on the floor that shouldn't be there, I put it in its proper place/ throw it away, although its a mystery how it even got out of place.

I know this is only my third day since cleaning, and changing my lifestyle takes much more than a few days and ranting about the positives, I'm still excited and optimistic that I will work to stay like this, especially since I would hate to have to ask your help for the same matter again.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1412 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments