Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Hampers' Box of Juke

You're sitting in a dingy bar. You drain the dregs of the last alcoholic beverage you can afford for the night. You've got one shiny coin left. You look around for something to spend it on. There's a charity jar at the end of the bar, which you reach out for. But just beyond it you see a big flashing jukebox. You walk over and slot your coin in. Not sure what to choose, you hit RANDOM.
The discs whirr into place, and it comes up...
  1. Old Comment

Mathematics - Cherry Ghost

Well done. But you left the most important question unanswered: How long am I expected to be denied release? So, basically, what es the expected value of days until orgasm?

Another interesting question would be how big the probability is that I am allowed to orgasm within the first x days (where x is some number between 2 and 365).

If I find the time, I will try to produce these results, until then it is up to you to try
  2. Old Comment

No Surprises - Radiodread

oh i almost forgot, and i would edit, but it just wouldnt seem right in there....

Anyone who is a drummer on this site, try and drum to any radiohead song Exactly the same way he does...
    That means:
    100% on time
    The Beat 100% correct
    Drums tuned PERFECTLY

and no, i know it isnt easy...
  3. Old Comment

No Surprises - Radiodread

How did you know this would be the first comment...

It is great that you are listening to radiohead... but how can you not like them?

Firstly i would like to say: No Surpises isnt their best song, or even close (we all know which i think is.....) however i am not going to include that in what i say. No Surprises in a way is a lot like creep, over used and over listened too (no where near as bad as creep, firstly it is a better song, secondly rockband knows how to ruin a song better than anyone, now everyone who likes one of their worst songs say's they like radiohead...)

Secondly Radiohead are a very weird band in that way, i have been listening to them all of my life (my mum loves them) and it wasnt untill last summer that i learnt to like them. Thats right, it took me about 13 years to like them, especially using intensive listening.
    I will admit some of that time was being open minded enough to listen to them, but not much of it.

As for the depressing bit, well, they really arnt THAT depressing, yes, they do have their moments, and yes, i have self harmed to them (amongst other things) it is just something that you learn to love.

As for the essential formuala, well, on a couple of songs, yes, this is true, but on a majority of songs that isnt the case, i would be interested to know which albums you have listened to because some are better than others (i can tell you have listened to In Rainbows Disc 1 and Ok Computer, in rainbows being my favorite, ok computer just being okay in my mind)

However as far as your formula goes, each song is different to the point where a formula can not apply, the twinkly chord-based piano/guitar riff is just part of their most common style, and does feature in many of their songs, but not too much, and not to the point where i would say its mostly what they do. The tight drums, well, that is just the drummers style, he is an amazing drummer, but doesnt do anything but keep the beat, it is a very complex beat normally, but that is all he does, and in my opinion, if he did anything other than what he does, it wouldnt be the same. Ignore the bass player? What the hell? there is a lot of bass in all radiohead songs, (not solo songs such as videotape ect...) other than that there is a lot of bass in all songs, your speakers may be damaged....
    The lyrics... well... what else is he supposed to write about? to be honest they are too difficult to make out on most songs so it is best just to treat is as part of the melody.

Paranoid android is a very different song to their normal style, i absolutly love it, but it is different, as for creep, well, we all know what i think of that.

Uh... Radiohead in my opinion are too different to coldplay (never listened to Leonard Cohen so i wont comment). The biggest difference between the two is that coldplay seem to do it for the money, Radiohead dont care about the money... no seriously they dont.

and i cant find a way to comment on the last 3 paragraphs....

(what i have written is in order of the same paragraphs Hampers used....)
  4. Old Comment
  5. Old Comment

Of course!
    Stupid me.
  6. Old Comment

Fingers - Pink

hahah, i confused which was the blog entry XD.

i'm so jealous of the people that can do sign language well though. it really is amazing to watch and see an entire language defined by hand signals
  7. Old Comment

Fingers - Pink

black or white -Michael Jackson

*dances around the bar*
  8. Old Comment

you are wrong... 5/216 = 0.0231... = 2.31% (!!)
    and 10/216 = 0.0462... = 4.62% (!!)

The rest is right
  9. Old Comment

... I wonder, does cooking count as art?
  10. Old Comment

Yes, actually.

Damper: Mix some flour, some water, and a pinch of salt together. Knead if you like. Wrap in al-foil and bake over a fire till cooked inside. Will not rise.

Remove alfoil and wrap the damper around a wallaby.

Serves two: You and ya sheila.
  11. Old Comment

You're brilliant!
    Are you gonna post recipes for some good old outback cooking next?
  12. Old Comment

Reward - Teardrop Explodes

Even so, all the mods are vastly underappreciated. You guys are what makes this site AMAZING.
  13. Old Comment

I've edited this post. I really didn't intend for it to be a Hampers-glorification thread. It really was me pouring my head empty of musings about the work I'd been doing here. Everyone on the staff works just as hard as I do. And I should have mentioned that the gallery was strawb's idea. She is going to be posting some more soon *excited hush*.

That is all.
  14. Old Comment

Hey its a bad habit of mine!! >:-C I know it's "a lot" but for some reason I write it "alot" without even thinking. I bet you pick your nose for a bad habit! *hmph!!*
    Posted 01-27-2009 at 09:44 AM by TheLittleStrawberry TheLittleStrawberry is offline
  15. Old Comment

*gives Hampers ALOT of thanks*
  16. Old Comment

>ALOT<

Gah. I hate that. It's "a lot".

Ooof, I corrected a mod

TLS, was it really your idea? If it was, yay! Thanks
  17. Old Comment

don't forget to give credit! >: ( the getdare gallery was my idea ^^

And Depp is doing A LOT(cos some people are anal about it <.<) on the unification project.
    Posted 01-27-2009 at 08:54 AM by TheLittleStrawberry TheLittleStrawberry is offline
  18. Old Comment

I got one word right!
  19. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hampers
    l'assaiz-faire [again, correct me, Chloe]
    It's laissez faire

Or it could be laisser faire...

With or withouth a "-" in between...

Aaaaarrghhh French is so stressing!!!

Posted 01-26-2009 at 07:41 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
  20. Old Comment

I wasn't asking for thanks. But cheers anyway.
  21. Old Comment

Well, Somewhere along having got a private message, It counted my post double.

Oh well, you're worth it, hamps
  22. Old Comment

PS, Sorry to subject you all to that. But it's 1.30am and I'm a bit pissed off at myself. I'm currently thinking that I'll stay as a staff member until I get all the projects I have planned completed, and then I'll just go back to being a regular member. :]

Night night.
  23. Old Comment

Aeroplane - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

How would Depp know if you have bad taste? Unless he's somehow cloned your tastebuds and inserted them into his tongue, then... yeah.
  24. Old Comment

Which implies I have bad taste when it comes to everything else...
  25. Old Comment

You have good taste when it comes to music