Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Little v. Age Play - Part 2

Posted 04-07-2017 at 01:40 PM by Butterfly
Updated 07-19-2018 at 01:01 PM by Butterfly

*Disclaimer: The views expressed in this blog are only our OPINIONS! This does not mean that this is the only explanation or only way to do things. Also, if you disagree with something we have said, we are happy to listen to your points*

Read the first part of this blog HERE

Combining Age Play and being Little

I want to mention that Littles can engage in age play, but age players don’t have to be littles. Like I mentioned above, being little is a part of who you are! If a person, who has little tendencies and a little personality, wants to age play, that is perfectly ok! Sometimes it helps create a safe place to express their littleness, or sometimes it helps them get into their little space better. This is something I have struggled with: getting into the right frame of mind for me to be able to let me littleness out. I have been experimenting with using a pacifier (my sucky) when I want to let my little out. I don’t feel like a baby, but it is comforting, and just that prop helps me.

Although the two are seen together often, it doesn’t make them the same thing. I think it is important to know the distinct differences.

What I’ve mentioned is just my limited experience, and of course there’s a lot more variety than that - age play doesn’t have to be in that age range or anything like that! Maybe the more important thing I’m not familiar with is how many people who engage in age play are actually littles - for my experiences that has been the case, but I don’t see why it should have to be! For those who see it as an outlet for humiliation for example, it’d perhaps be even more effective if the sub wasn’t a little.

Incest and Pedeophiles

It is true that some people use ageplay to satisfy fantasies that are otherwise frowned upon or are illegal. However, THAT IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE.

I do not get turned on BECAUSE I am little. But I may get turned on while I am letting by little personality out. I can be horny and little at the same time. However, I do find that the more little I am, the less horny and aware of sexual feelings I am.

Ageplay (or being little) doesn’t have to be icky, and for the most part isn’t. I think the part that makes people a little wary, or leads them to judge, is the sexual component. However, as long as all parties are over the legal age, and everything is consensual, there is nothing wrong with being sexual while engaging in age play, or while you are a little.

Although sex doesn’t HAVE to be a part of age play, or being a little, it sometimes is. Especially when it comes to being little. Because, it is a spectrum of how little you are, it doesn’t mean you take on all of the traits of a 3 year old. You may still get turned on and embracing that shouldn’t make you feel like you are on the same level as a pedofile. When it comes to age play, it may be a certain aspect of the role play that turns you on: dressing up, wearing diapers, or even just the act of roleplaying in general.

I think it is important to emphasise that the majority of people are doing it because they like it and not for any other reason. I understand why Butterfly included this section, and why it’s something that’s discussed in this community - but I think “that is not always the case” is an understatement. There are horrible people and some of them will twist the kinks of others to normalise themselves, but they wouldn’t be able to do that if they represented a large part of that kink. There’s no point denying people do twist particularly age play - but I’d hate someone to think that exploring something makes them similar to the people who twist it for some horrible means.

Exactly! The reason I felt like I needed to include this, is because I have heard people describe Age play or being little as icky, or “wrong” in some way. This makes it especially difficult for somebody who feels like they may be a little, to embrace that and seek somebody to help them explore that kink.

Conclusion

I’ll just round off by saying that being a daddy to a little, helping them out and looking after them is very super rewarding, and to me that’s the big thing that makes the relationship with a little special. Age play, to any extent - is to me more like any other kink, to be balanced in the relationship in whatever way works for everyone involved!

I want to conclude by saying that although Age play and being little are two different things, they both have a lot of similarities, and can be combined together at times. It really is all about making it work for you. There is no right or wrong way, just do what works for you (and your partner).
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Oh, so much yes. Thank you again, both of you, for writing this loveliness.

For me, I think part of why I can get turned on while being a little is because my littleness is not something I feel safe sharing with most people, and there is something delightful and erotic about finding a person with whom you feel that acceptance. When I get to be with someone who is actually attracted to me, who desires me, because of who I am, even the parts of me that other people find strange or unusual or maybe even think mean that something is wrong with me, it's incredible. And the resulting emotional connection and intimacy for me I think then creates a desire for further intimacy with that person.

I'm always a little, have been a long, long time; but not all of that is connected to the erotic for me. I'm not turned on every single time that I colour or hug a teddy bear or pull my Barbies out or detour through Toys R Us. I just like this stuff, for me. And sometimes I'm ridiculously lucky and find some lovely person with whom I get to share that part of me and explore some erotic aspects. Which is where you hit the nail on the head. It's getting to find all the lovely things that fit you and your partner that makes it all so deeply wonderful.
    Posted 04-07-2017 at 10:52 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline