Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

An assortment of my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and poor attempts at humor, all rolled into one easily digestable package.
Old

H1N1 Stands For "Have One Nice One"

Posted 09-20-2009 at 09:32 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)
Updated 10-12-2009 at 09:27 PM by Odiefrom (Oh, the irony.)

H1N1. If I see it on TV or read it in the paper one more time, I'll go crazy. H1N1, common called Swine Flu, is sweeping the globe as the 'illness of the day'. Want to garuantee people will come back to your news? Mention H1N1. People flock to it like birds to crumbs of bread. And speaking of birds, who remembers the Bird Flu, or the Avian Influenza? The old flu before Swine Flu moved in? Well, it's still out there. It's killing more people than before, because no one wants to further research...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I am on a rock.

Posted 09-20-2009 at 09:05 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

"I am on a rock. This rock is big. This rock can fly. This rock flies through space so fast, but I don't know why I don't fall off. This rock spins so fast, but I don't know why I don't get flung off. I was born on this rock and will die on this rock. I don't understand it, but I like this rock."
I read this paragraph in a newsletter today. It says the message of it is this: "Life is simple. Enjoy it." Well, I missed that but instead got something else out of it. ...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

If this is a sin, then damn me now.

Posted 09-17-2009 at 07:02 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

I was sitting church being preached to about fire and brimstone, and the thought popped into my head, "For all the things I do, would I go to hell?" After turning that question over for almost a week, I've come to the conclusion that I would, because I'm unrepentant of my deeds. But that's just it: how can I expect myself to claim to turn away from these deeds, and at the same time be secretly thrilled for the next time I do them? I can't. Because of this, I feel as though I'm sentencing...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What happens if I...oops. Uh-oh.

Posted 09-10-2009 at 08:29 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

I was thinking about people's limits. I have found three main catagories of people on how they set up their limits:

1. The free bird shouting "I have no limits! Dare me!" These people are new, truly daring, or just ignorant of what 'limitless' means. In the first and last cases, these people need to learn, but will probably learn the hard way. The second catagory is just plain rare because people who understand all the possibilities and still take a risk are either brave...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"Why am I here?"

Posted 09-08-2009 at 08:32 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

Why am I here? Where is 'here'? These questions have plagued mankind for eternity, taunting and teasing the most brilliant of scholars to insanity's brink. And while I don't pretend to know the answers, I do know that 'here' for me right now is getDare. And I have a good idea as to why I am now here.

I was surfing the web, and was looking at random stuff when all of the sudden I clicked something and a new, foreign website loaded. Having been meandering aimlessly, I browsed. I found...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Opening Thoughts

Posted 09-07-2009 at 11:07 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

Hello all who stumble across this! This is my first blog EVER, so expect my thoughts on life, the universe, and everything (42!); all the way down to my life and ideas.
I first came to getDare about a year ago, but took a year long break after just a short while. I came back pretty recently, and enjoyed the atmosphere from everyone here. Shortly after I came back, a member here asked if I wanted to be his master! I agreed, and we have been together for a month now. I love posting everywhere...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized